Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
CrazyKiller, just wondering are you running the second NVR for backup?
Nope, for backup reason I'm unsure at the moment. The cluster feature was removed in the new firmware, so the cams behind the NVRs PoE ports would of course only be reachable through a working NVR. Maybe I'll get a cheaper 4116 NVR for the most important channel, or I'll choose SmartPSS on a Intel NUC for backup.
The second NVR with PoE ports will exchange my NVR5232-16P-4KS2. This stand in my 19" rack at the moment. Now I ordered a NVR5224-24P-4KS2 to get a rack mountable NVR and more PoE ports and more PoE budget.

DATS2LS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

Wondering if there was a way, for this nvr to stop adding cameras automatically when u plug them in.
I have 8x IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS (Chinese with English language) and the nvr/ipc ip addressing is very strange.
I started by setting static ips to all cameras. Things were working. A reboot of the nvr later and all the ip addresses have gone back to some form of dhcp.
I tried setting the ip address from the nvr setup pages... First 2 cameras worked... Then when I plugged in the third... It added my static ip(10.1.1.103), and also added another ip(10.1.1.67) for the camera automatically. It showed no connection to the 10.1.1.67 but that slot takes up D4 and everytime I delete it, it comes back in 3 seconds.

Then after a reboot... All of the cameras ips change to the dhcp.

I want to turn off the dhcp of the nvr... But can't find a setting. At the moment... There even though there are only 8 cameras... It is showing the same camera twice with the same ip in a different slot(d4 and d10) I want that camera in d4. I can delete d4 and it doesn't come back, but I can't delete d10 without it coming back to d10.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Emdoc12

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the timeline skipping back and 30 minutes to an hour or so when clicking on an event or really anywhere? This is with SmartPSS too.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. Generally happy with my 5231R-Z cams and NVR5216 recorder. But what really annoys me is motion sensor images via email.
Sometimes I get both (configured to send images from 2 cameras once event is detected on either), sometime I get just one. And most of the time they are like a few seconds delayed, when all the action is gone (person walked off). Have to VPN to home and check what happened just prior to that time.
Anything can be done about it? I want an instant image once motion is detected (line is crossed)

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the timeline skipping back and 30 minutes to an hour or so when clicking on an event or really anywhere? This is with SmartPSS too.
I only find this if the cameras and NVR are out of sync with their times. Check and make sure all your cameras and NVR are sync'd against the same NTP server (I sync all my cameras against my NVR so they always have the same time)
Also check you have the correct time zone for each device.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tried on the fly, seems that the NVR doesn't recognize the ipcam with general firmware, only those with DH one, have to try better ...

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901 for my nvr now i cant find web nvr and cant use gmdss app and cant find my another camera .and cant find nvr in my router now.some one can help

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Network setting probably went default. Probably you will have to enable dhcp in nvr again. Connect monitor via hdmi. connect mouse via usb. Go to network setting and enable dhcp again. Alternatives you can connect computer to nvr via ethernet. But you will have to find instructions.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how can i put on external hd recordings from NVR5216-16P-4KS2 ..i have it on house outside of town and my 3 bullets 5231 got stolen :angry: ..

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thx david david ..i tried but couldnt find where is dl to pc ? can i put it on external hd?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Download the video file to whatever computer you install SmartPSS on, then do whatever you want with it. It's just a video file at that point, transfer to USB stick, external Hard drive or burn to a CD doesn't matter.