Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no virtual hosts, no direct way to connect to the cameras.. anything on that PoE is effectively unreachable from your LAN.. many options are exposed on the cameras configuration that the NVR will not setup, zoom levels, local sd card, advanced exposure settings, just off the top of my head.. also makes setting up and configuring 3rd party cameras very difficult.. you also cant use NTP timesync which I find better than doing it via NVR.
@nayr , regarding the time stamp. Does that only apply to the 5216 ? My 5416 has time stamp in the menu option and it allows a few ways to set it up. Or is there something I am missing here ?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok guys, my order is placed. I'll get the NVR5232-16P-4KS2 from @EMPIRETECANDY now. And if I really don't like the internal PoE I didn't waste a lot of money for the build in PoE's. Once the decision is made of course i can't wait for it to arrive... :D

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i also order NVR5216-16P-4KS2 its on the way to me ..i will try to use internal poe ,but if find difficult to set will go with external poe !!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@nogi, download SmartPSS and connect it to NVR for playback.. the browser for playback sucks and should be used as last resort.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have started to configure my NVR5216-16P-4KS2. How the heck do I play back the video so see that it's recorded ok? Nothing happens when I click play and the screens are blank too:
If you double click on one of the file names, or double click in one of the yellow areas on the timeline, the video should start to play. Before you do that, I suggest you switch to one-camera mode on the playback screen instead of using the 4-camera mode. It gets more complicated when multiple cameras are displayed at once. You can do that if you want after you get the hang of it with a single camera.

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nogi, download SmartPSS and connect it to NVR for playback.. the browser for playback sucks and should be used as last resort.
Yeah sort of figured that at the end lol I'll check out SmartPSS

If you double click on one of the file names, or double click in one of the yellow areas on the timeline, the video should start to play. Before you do that, I suggest you switch to one-camera mode on the playback screen instead of using the 4-camera mode. It gets more complicated when multiple cameras are displayed at once. You can do that if you want after you get the hang of it with a single camera.
Tried all that with no success. This was using the app in Chrome that Dahua get you to install. Couldn't use FireFox or IE as the GUI was all messed up in IE and FireFox wouldn't register the plugin?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah sort of figured that at the end lol I'll check out SmartPSS

Tried all that with no success. This was using the app in Chrome that Dahua get you to install. Couldn't use FireFox or IE as the GUI was all messed up in IE and FireFox wouldn't register the plugin?
What display resolution do you use? With the IE Plugin i have also trouble when using 2560x1440. If I change to lower resolution everything works fine.

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What display resolution do you use? With the IE Plugin i have also trouble when using 2560x1440. If I change to lower resolution everything works fine.
Aaahh that could be the problem, i run whatever the highest is on my Surface Pro 3 and 2560 rings a bell.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just got mine today and andy sent me one w/PoE :-\
You've got one with PoE, paid for one without and you are disappointed? You don't have to use it at all if you won't. I would be happy. Ordered mine today and of course paid for one with PoE

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Aaahh that could be the problem, i run whatever the highest is on my Surface Pro 3 and 2560 rings a bell.
Yep, it's strange, the cam give you a feed in exact that resolution and you can't watch it in that resolution with the plugin

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its a scaling option in windows, its running a high resolution then scaling everything up because your on a small display and it'd be hard to read.. might be able to use the browser zoom out to bring things back to sanity.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
its a scaling option in windows, its running a high resolution then scaling everything up because your on a small display and it'd be hard to read.. might be able to use the browser zoom out to bring things back to sanity.
Didn't tried it with the plugin and browser, but it's possible to right click a program and go into the settings. Theres an option for scaling which could be disabled, work for me with the vSphere client but produces other problems, like texts which don't fit anymore etc.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for the most part its identical to the 4216-4k, but its got an internal power supply, a chassis fan and is louder heh.. probably that built in PoE to account for that.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
big upp... cant wait review !!i think this 5216 is going to be very popular nvr

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
still dont seem to have IVS rules configurable via WebUI, dunno wtf the deale-o is with this.. its on the OSD and SmartPSS can do it, but under events on WebUI no IVS just like my 4216-4K, was hoping tha'd be there now.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, just forgot to ask. Did anyone tried a touchscreen with the NVR? At the moment I'm using a PC with Smart PSS and use the touchscreen with windows 10. would be nice if I won't need a mouse and could use touch, but I think that will be a wish, eh?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just got mine today and andy sent me one w/PoE :-\
THAT'S A BUBBLE BURSTER.

Can you still access the cams directly if you plug a computer into one of the unused POE ports of the NVR ?