Dahua SD59225U-HNI

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It would be a real headache to have to work that power supply brick into my setup. My 24 port switch box will deliver 15.4 watts for PoE but the Dahua specs state that this camera needs 23 watts for the camera WITH the IR lights. So unfortunately my box will not work with IR on. BUT, I should be able to use this PoE+ injector which will give me 30 watts. I have done this on some of my other cameras after running out of PoE ports and needed PoE from non powered ports. Some of them have been running for years and so far seem to work great.

Here is one that I found and there are many more. I have a new CAT6 cable running to my proposed camera location so I should be alright and this would be a lot cleaner that the power brick. Maybe this would work for you too (?):

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have picked a while ago, a 16 port POE+ switch(130W) and it works well.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have picked a while ago, a 16 port POE+ switch(130W) and it works well.
Hi Tibimakai: My 24 port switch also provides over 100 watts, so I figured that I would be okay, but when I looked into it a little deeper I read that the most wattage provided to any individual port would be just 15.5 watts and not qualify for "PoE+" status. It might be worth checking the specs on your unit to see how the power is allocated. The only reason I mention this is because its easy to burn out any device that is under powered over time. I ruined a very expensive Bosch PTX camera a while back because the 24V power supply was faulty and not delivering the full juice that it was supposed to even though the camera appeared to be working alright. Just in case: Here is another PoE+ unit that is well reviewed for under $18: Amazon.com: iCreatin Gigabit Power over Ethernet Plus PoE+ Injector Adapter 35 Watts 802.3at /af, Up to 100 Meters (328 Feet), PSE-480080G: Computers & Accessories. It plugs in directly with no wall-wart!

By the way (if you happen to know): Does your camera have a Dahua logo on it and if it does not (but is claimed to be made by Dahua) can it still be up graded through Dahua just like a "logo' unit? I am still uncertain about this.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great! Then you're all set. I've had mine for a couple of years and never thought to consider PoE+ at that time. Live and learn. Do you happen to have any info regarding that last question of mine? I want to place an order this morning for one of these cameras but I'm still not sure about the "logo", "no logo" concern.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine has the logo, but I haven't had a chance to upgrade it yet. It came with the latest firmware.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I'll have to keep digging. I guess the easiest thing to do would be to just buy one with the logo from a reputable seller but the prices and what's included (like a wall mount) are all over the place.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I ended up not using that curved tube mount, it is huge. I have made my own mount(I'm a machinist), that pushes the camera up under the roof, as much as possible.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
oops. I just looked at your link. It seems to show the same mount that I just sent to you. Is this the one that you didn't like?

One last quetion: Is this camera noisy? I've seen comments about it being noisy in that you can hear all of the little servos with each and every movement. The problem for me is that this would be mounted rather close and just beneath my master bedroom window.

Last edited:

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for clarifying this. The rubber mount for isolation is a good idea. I have some silicone suspension mounts that might work for this.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yikes! I just ran across this video of the sounds made by the Dahua SD49225T-HN. This is like 3CPO :) This might be a real deal breaker for my application. For manual PTZ movement it wouldn't matter but if you had your Auto-tracking active and had this camera anywhere near where you sleep it would be a real problem, or so it would seem. Can anyone else comment on how noisy (or quiet) their SD59225U-HNI is? Anyone feel like posting a little audio file for us?

Last edited:

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe he has the microphone hooked up, and is next to the motors?!
I don't use the microphone on this camera. I have another 5231R-Z next to it, which has a microphone.
There are two noises, what you can hear next to the camera, as it moves and the second is, that sound that transmits throughout the house, if it is super quite. Now, I definitely scared you. :)
It is not bad, don't use it at night, when somebody sleeps nearby.
I'm in luck, because my garage is much closer toward the street and the house is in the back of the garage.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
... but what's the fun of having such a cool camera if you can't cuddle with it at night? Okay, I'll buy one but it will probably end up in my back yard. BUT, I have elk, BABY elk, so it will get a good workout! I'll post some shots. Thanks again for weighing in.

Attachments

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
You can try using some rubber isolators, to reduce the sound transmitted throughout the house.
Something like this:
!
It would be a good idea, to use a chain between the camera and the base mount.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good idea. I've done this sort of thing in the past when isolating vibration for camera mounts in helicopters for vibration but it would work for sound too as you know. Silicone is better than rubber for absorbing sound or vibration. Thanks.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
This is the mount, that I came up with. I'm a machinist, so I made my own.
I have more pictures in another thread, Took a chance with Dahua SD59225U-HNI, or something similar.

Attachments