Dahua Starlight Recessed Dome PTZ (SD52C225U-HNI)

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looked again & this answered my question about returning to preset! Cam0341: Did you fix your oak tree problem & how?
First off, thank you Miles for your help with Firmware and auto tracking. Your screenshots and details helped me understand what I needed to mess with.
I'm happy to report that the camera is working flawlessly with this newest Firmware.
I set Auto Tracking is set with several tripwires and selected Alarm Track only. I'm still working with video AREA settings to fine tune motion sensitivity and threshold.
The camera works just as it should. It holds its preset without issue, tracks motion and returns to preset.
I'm trying to reduce the amount of false tracking events. This camera has developed a voyeuristic relationship with an oak tree in the distance. It seems to pick up motion and spend a lot of time zoomed in in the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Post #274 answered my question on firmware solving returning to preset.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I bought a second SD52C225U-HNI & I was curious if there is some sort of manual, or video on all the various settings of the camera? I would like to know what it can do.

I currently have one rule where if motion is detected within my square, the camera follows in that square for 30 seconds then goes back to its original position. I think it 'could' do more. Such as go on a tour, where each stop has its own motion detection zone, etc.

Where can I read more about what each setting does?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When logged into the web interface, on each section of setup, click on the "?" Upper right corner. That's about as close to manual there is.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I bought a second SD52C225U-HNI & I was curious if there is some sort of manual, or video on all the various settings of the camera? I would like to know what it can do.

I currently have one rule where if motion is detected within my square, the camera follows in that square for 30 seconds then goes back to its original position. I think it 'could' do more. Such as go on a tour, where each stop has its own motion detection zone, etc.

Where can I read more about what each setting does?
What firmware version did it come with.

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update. I was concerned how these cameras would work in the extreme cold, because they don't have heaters installed in them. I'm very impressed. It was 11 below this morning and both cameras were tracking fine. The PTZ motors are louder now than when it was warm outside, but I expected that. I'm very happy with them.
When you first installed these, did you do anything to seal the units from the elements?

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm assuming though that you have them installed under-cover like say under your eaves.

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone used a power injector in conjunction with the 24volt AC adapter? How well does it work this way? Never done it before cuz I've only got a POE and not a POE+

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any sort of FAQ or guide on what all the PTZ items do for dahua cameras? I would love to go page by page & figure it all out.

Thanks,
Rich

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
hi !

I upgrade my SD52-C225U-HNI tonight with the latest firmware (v2.622.0000000.1.r.171121) 1 hour ago.
When its finished, the camera boot again.

After this upgrade, i launch the upgrade of main_mcu_v2.300.0000000.10.r.170926.bin

After this second upgrade, the camera doesn't boot.... During initialization, this make some sounds (blocked when the camera turn 360°)...

The camera is not reachable over network...

:embarrassed: what can i do to repair my camera ? is it possible to downgrade the camera without network ? i see a note to reset the camera ? its necessary ?

thanks a lot for your help (and sorry for my english:idk:)

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hi !

I upgrade my SD52-C225U-HNI tonight with the latest firmware (v2.622.0000000.1.r.171121) 1 hour ago.
When its finished, the camera boot again.

After this upgrade, i launch the upgrade of main_mcu_v2.300.0000000.10.r.170926.bin

After this second upgrade, the camera doesn't boot.... During initialization, this make some sounds (blocked when the camera turn 360°)...

The camera is not reachable over network...

:embarrassed: what can i do to repair my camera ? is it possible to downgrade the camera without network ? i see a note to reset the camera ? its necessary ?

thanks a lot for your help (and sorry for my english:idk:)
I did the same thing and could not get the video stream to come up on the new firmware. I was still able to get into the camera's user interface so I logged in and went to Settings | System | Default and selected "Default". I had to do this twice and then the video stream finally came back. The camera maintained the IP address and the password, but everything else went back to the default settings.

Good luck!

Default.png

neketom22

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,

somenone can post his 'printenv' content (thru Serial Console mode) ?

My cam is bricked and i think env from U-Boot are false.

Thanks a lot !

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello again,

Great review on this product. Please read my post #293 on this thread. I wanted to replace my older Dahua SD3282D-GN PTZ with this one because of the Auto-Tracking feature & better Optical Zoom capability. Was only concerned of the decrease in the Wide Angle FOV as mine has 90° and this one has 59.2°. However I can always setup my trusty X10 sensors (using Blue Iris) to direct the camera to any incidents. Currently have a Zyxel 8 port unmanaged switch with 4 PoE ports at 64watts max. I will only be using 2 of the ports with 2 bullet ip cameras drawing 3.36watts each max. I've heard this camera could work with PoE switch with conditions similar to mine. What do you think? But would it be better for me to use a PoE+ Power Injector or the supplied 24v Adapter?

Your thoughts & advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello again,

Great review on this product. Please read my post #293 on this thread. I wanted to replace my older Dahua SD3282D-GN PTZ with this one because of the Auto-Tracking feature & better Optical Zoom capability. Was only concerned of the decrease in the Wide Angle FOV as mine has 90° and this one has 59.2°. However I can always setup my trusty X10 sensors (using Blue Iris) to direct the camera to any incidents. Currently have a Zyxel 8 port unmanaged switch with 4 PoE ports at 64watts max. I will only be using 2 of the ports with 2 bullet ip cameras drawing 3.36watts each max. I've heard this camera could work with PoE switch with conditions similar to mine. What do you think? But would it be better for me to use a PoE+ Power Injector or the supplied 24v Adapter?

Your thoughts & advice would be greatly appreciated!

Specs call for POE+, so you'll either have to purchase a POE+ rated switch, a POE+ injector or use the included transformer.
It's personal preference.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay dove in & bought one from Andy @ Empire. Fast DHL delivery; very impressed. I had a Zyxel PoE switch already so I purchased a TrendNet PoE+ Gigabit Injector to run this baby. Have about a 75' run of CAT5e to the eve on 2nd floor in my home where my old SD3282D-GN PTZ was. Replaced with this PTZ. Everything seemed to be working fine on default settings BUT after 45-60 minutes, all my PTZ functions do not work. Picture still appears on Blue Iris but I cannot move the PTZ nor can I get it to go to my Presets. So I unplug the injector & PTZ reboots and runs fine until another 45-60 minutes after when it all happens again. I also cannot login via the camera's WebUi everytime this happens :(

Has anyone had this problem. What could be causing it? Any solutions?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay dove in & bought one from Andy @ Empire. Fast DHL delivery; very impressed. I had a Zyxel PoE switch already so I purchased a TrendNet PoE+ Gigabit Injector to run this baby. Have about a 75' run of CAT5e to the eve on 2nd floor in my home where my old SD3282D-GN PTZ was. Replaced with this PTZ. Everything seemed to be working fine on default settings BUT after 45-60 minutes, all my PTZ functions do not work. Picture still appears on Blue Iris but I cannot move the PTZ nor can I get it to go to my Presets. So I unplug the injector & PTZ reboots and runs fine until another 45-60 minutes after when it all happens again. I also cannot login via the camera's WebUi everytime this happens :(

Has anyone had this problem. What could be causing it? Any solutions?
Power is the first thing I'd suspect.
Did you bench test it before you installed it? What kind of ethernet cable did you use (solid copper/cca crap, awg, homemade or pre-made)?

Pick up an alternate power source like this for testing: Micro Center - Computers and Electronics

What are all of the software versions listed on the system information page?

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Power is the first thing I'd suspect.
Did you bench test it before you installed it? What kind of ethernet cable did you use (solid copper/cca crap, awg, homemade or pre-made)?

Pick up an alternate power source like this for testing: Micro Center - Computers and Electronics

What are all of the software versions listed on the system information page?
I had Andy @ Empire test the unit out before shipping. I also tested indoor (only for 1hour though) before I installed. I'm going to purchase a Linksys LACPI30 PoE+ injector to see if a different one would work. My CAT5e is 1-run solid copper 75' exterior grade.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry looks like I have a couple of ID's going :)