Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW5231E-Z)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So between this camera and the IPC-HDW5231R-Z turret.. Which would you go with?
Depends, the turrets are super easy to mount and adjust, you can literally turn the set screw with a torx bit in your fingers, the bullets because of the vandal proofing are built like tanks and it's a pain in the ass to move them around, if you don't need the audio out or alarm in or out, get the turret, also, the turrets IR is strong af and the bullet has 4 you most likely don't need that much IR and I've kind of decided on my own I don't care much about alarm ins and outs on cameras because really there are so many other ways to connect to stuff like raspberri pi's, zwave dry contacts, etc. etc.

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry if I make a dumb question but what are main differences between the bullet one and the turret one ? Where is supposed to fit better the first one and where the second one ?

Reaction score
I ordered one of these through @EMPIRETECANDY as I start replacing cameras from my old Logitech Alert system. Can anyone provide recommendations on what I'll need to mount these? The first one will be mounted underneath a porch. This is temporary, as I'll be swapping out the bullet for the turret when that's back in stock.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered one of these through @EMPIRETECANDY as I start replacing cameras from my old Logitech Alert system. Can anyone provide recommendations on what I'll need to mount these? The first one will be mounted underneath a porch. This is temporary, as I'll be swapping out the bullet for the turret when that's back in stock.
Depends on your situation.