Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In a previous thread, it sounded like Andy supplied cams to BEC, but who knows... BEC is cheaper and it seems like folks here have purchased successfully from them.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like both sites only had a few cams for the moment...BEC order for 3 cams rejected me 1/2 way through.
So I did Empire @ 3 cameras....Took like 10 tries because CitiCards initially rejects as fraud any time I try to go through AE initially.
Hope Andy will honor the $10 difference credit back to me on each cam like he said in previous posts...Early Christmas present for me. :)

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like both sellers have zero stock at the moment. Hopefully yours ships soon!

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How can you know if it is stock or not, I can't seem to see find that.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I want one too... but as @fenderman advised in my hard lesson on the "low light destroyer", WAIT until the camera is proven and bugs are worked out. So I shall wait. Ive got high hopes. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want one too... but as @fenderman advised in my hard lesson on the "low light destroyer", WAIT until the camera is proven and bugs are worked out. So I shall wait. Ive got high hopes. :)
This camera is made by dahua...you can be pretty certain it will be just fine as they have a proven reliability track record.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This camera is made by dahua...you can be pretty certain it will be just fine as they have a proven reliability track record.
Hmm, I am impatient and my Hik 2632 is quite bad with the bright super IR center beam. Very challenging to focus too. Looks like this cam will easily out-do the Hik. Just got to wait for them to be available from Andy as it seems he has been reliable.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
tomorrow will ship out 12pcs for those who are waited for 2 weeks guys, but i think we can ship all orders on the first week of Dec. We always use DHL, 2-3 working days to USA, so stock in is the key.

M1CHA3L

n3wb
Reaction score
I asked a online shop here in my country for the prices, more than 400$, thats crazy!

Last edited:

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, i booked some stock but still not arrives, seems too hot, i booked around 30pcs now. But will come some next week. Nayr, may i put these pics on our shop? Thanks for your perfect posting.
Hi Andy I would like to purchase 2 of these, none in store at this time can you send an email or post when items will be available?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have different tabs for Tripwire, Intrusion, Abandoned/Missing, Scene Changing. On the first three i can create 4 rules and one for Scene Changing. I don't have smart plan, what is it?

View attachment 12292
Hi nayr great work in promoting this camera. I was wondering what other system are you using with the cameras? NVR, Computer, software etc.. I am looking to replace all analog cams with these when they are back in stock and would like to upgrade all. I have house pre-wired with cat 6 cable for 6 cameras. Thanks for any input.

Drew

Tsikura

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most of his stuff in his signature (unless something is out of date)

NVR: Dahua 4216-4k (6TB & 4TB WD Purple) supplemented by Domoticz
PTZ: SD59212S-HN 2MP (5-61mm), SD29204S-GN 2MP (2.7-11mm), HDB4300F-PT 2MP (3.6mm)
IPC: HDW5231R-Z (2.7-12mm), 2x HFW4300S 3MP (3.6mm), HFW4421D-AS 4MP (6mm), HFW4431M-AS-I2 4MP (12mm)
LPR: HF5421E 4MP BirdHouse Camera (60mm) w/OpenALPRD & NV-GTX950
NET: Ubnt EdgeRouter, PowerDsine 9024g, Dlink 1210-48, 2x APC 3000VA UPS w/ATS.

johnR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Today is Thanksgiving and can someone tell me where to order one of these turret dahua 2mp cameras from?
Should I order from AE or has someone imported them and for how much? How can I order via mobile to get a better price? What APP
would I use to do that? Thanks...JR

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Tsikura I should have opened my eyes as in your Avatar

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Basically if the site lests you place the order in your cart it is in stock from what I could tell.
Also showed a count next to where you select how many you want; at least on the mobile app.