Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically if the site lests you place the order in your cart it is in stock from what I could tell.
Also showed a count next to where you select how many you want; at least on the mobile app.
aliexpress has no idea what the seller has in stock..its common practice to misrepresent the stock...

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, some sellers will list stock even though they don't have any on-hand...

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so that is why i can't put a fake stock on it, i add sometimes, this based how many new ones i received.
Hi Andy I just received an email from AliExpress asking for ID information? Social security, bank statements?

Order Number :
xxxxxxxxxx0898
Reminder :
In order to validate your payment, please follow the instructions below and file an appeal . We will respond to your appeal in about 1-3 working days. Once your card/account information has been validated, you may go shopping on our site.

Can you explain to me what this is?

Last edited:

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happened is you clicked a bad link and ended up somewhere you shouldnt have, or your router has been hacked and you have a bad dns server that is redirecting you to malicious websites. Hope you didn't give any info. Give it another try and pay very close attention to what you are clicking.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Aliexpress has been known to demand identification from some people before letting them pay for orders, but the reasoning behind it is unknown. People say they generally accept identification that has sensitive information censored (such as social security numbers). But you do have to be sure you know who you are dealing with; some scammer could easily send you an email pretending to be literally anyone, and ask you for this stuff.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does anyone know any other places to buy these cameras?

Reaction score
I'm very temped to get at least 4 of theses cameras, and may get more down the road. I'm replacing my crappy foscams. I do have 1 question, with cyber Monday just around corner, is there going to be better deal on Monday vs buying now?

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If you give your Social Security and Bank statements to a Ali Seller, than you REALLY will get what you deserve.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:p I know that, I am little bit into cyber security;), I just love these cameras and want one but the idea is to help prevent theft not hand it to them

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
definitely not a bad link all cameras I am buying are showing up where I log into and Andy has communicated with me o_O Unless its not Andy:)

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these can be mounted on a wall? I won't have the ability to mount these under the eave, like the instructions say.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm very temped to get at least 4 of theses cameras, and may get more down the road. I'm replacing my crappy foscams. I do have 1 question, with cyber Monday just around corner, is there going to be better deal on Monday vs buying now?
They couldn't care less about Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Tsikura

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They couldn't care less about Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
Aliexpress does have sales for Black Friday and Cyber Monday... their biggest customer is North America so... Not as big as their 11/11 day sale though.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong. Lol

But if i remember correctly, last year, none of hik and dahua stuff had any special sale.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong. Lol

But if i remember correctly, last year, none of hik and dahua stuff had any special sale.
The margins are not high enough..you are correct...there wont be any sale...