Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the 11:11 sale there was a mini ptz with 20% off, but as soon as i tried to order it "this item is not longer available" but it was still visable in the shop.

From Andy i have gotten one mini ptz camera and a mount. And very good communication.
This turret i am still waiting for.

You can mount this turret on a wall with the PFB203W mount also if you prefer. Makes it for me better as i could change a mini ptz mount (PFB202W) for this one, and not have to drill new holes in the wall. Just hook up other type of mount to the base plate you connect to the wall.

See this image, the middle section is the wall plate which you mount to wall, the rest of the mount you hook up to it and lock with one screw. This is one of the reasons i went to dahua from hikvision.

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw those mounts, but I think the HOA might have a fit with them being on the front or rear of the house that is visible. I'm going to have to end up painting these suckers to match the house as well. :/

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have good experience with plasti dip. But we have no extreme conditions with sun here, so it could be not that good in very sunny area's as the white colour reflect sun and the black I painted absorbs more energy I guess.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting option... It seems to hold up on people's cars out here so it isn't out of question. I just gonna find a place that will match the paint and put in a aerosol can.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd never live anywhere with an HOA. It's bad enough living in a city where you need a building permit to paint your house. I wonder how comfortable they'd be with assuming liability for reducing your security in the name of aesthetics?

As far as PlastiDip goes, I think the big issue is with reduced camera life from the heat gathered with darker colours and an added thin layer of insulation. Probably fine in the shade but realize the possible consequences when mounted in full sunlight.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd never live anywhere with an HOA. It's bad enough living in a city where you need a building permit to paint your house. I wonder how comfortable they'd be with assuming liability for reducing your security in the name of aesthetics?

As far as PlastiDip goes, I think the big issue is with reduced camera life from the heat gathered with darker colours and an added thin layer of insulation. Probably fine in the shade but realize the possible consequences when mounted in full sunlight.
Agreed, but it was the only place that fit my needs in the budget I could afford. My next house will not have one, even if i have to downgrade. The house is a lighter brown color/almost tan. If the plastidip insulates heat, i can scrape it off, and go another route. I still need to see if there is a place that can match the color, if not, it will be taken apart and rattle can'ed.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was worried about my HOA as well, but they had no issues with mine. It's a security liability they didn't want to assume.

LittleScoobyMaster

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How long will it be until this camera can be purchased from Amazon? Curious how that process works. For example, does a new Dahua have to be a year old or something before Amazon gets them? I know many times it's just a matter of a single person selling them through Amazon sometimes but I don't know how long it usually takes for a new Dahua to appear on Amazon.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Andy I just received an email from AliExpress asking for ID information? Social security, bank statements?

Order Number :
xxxxxxxxxx0898
Reminder :
In order to validate your payment, please follow the instructions below and file an appeal . We will respond to your appeal in about 1-3 working days. Once your card/account information has been validated, you may go shopping on our site.

Can you explain to me what this is?
For security REASONS, seems many orders from usa has this problem. You can submit the docs, it's safe, no worry.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, i see, no problem. So any guys want to buy from us, just make conversation to us, can't talk price or business here, not good. Thanks for your guys support.
You see no problem giving out information such as social security number, driver license number and bank account info? that's is all they need to steal your identity...take out loans etc....please...You have to be insane to provide that info.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I would try submitting that stuff with all the sensitive info censored. Some people have had success with that, though it is unclear how much they censored.

Even if you trust Aliexpress to not misuse your data, you should not believe they are unhackable.

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
LOL - I jinxed myself by responding to another post about no problems ordering from AliExpress.
I just got my NVR order declined and they want me to use "Verified by VISA" to complete the transaction.
Problem is...I called my VISA bank and they said some banks use it, but they don't, so don't sign up.

They cleared the transaction to go through, but it won't. Their recommendation is to contact the merchant.
They are the one denying the transaction, not VISA.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LOL - I jinxed myself by responding to another post about no problems ordering from AliExpress.
I just got my NVR order declined and they want me to use "Verified by VISA" to complete the transaction.
Problem is...I called my VISA bank and they said some banks use it, but they don't, so don't sign up.

They cleared the transaction to go through, but it won't. Their recommendation is to contact the merchant.
They are the one denying the transaction, not VISA.
I had the same issue yesterday, denied my mastercard and visa, visa cleared it faster so I went that route. Hope I don't get a email saying they want anymore info, no way Im giving out my SS info. Hopefully Andy can resolve it.

deeuubee

n3wb
Reaction score
Giving them your card number, exp date, security code, and billing address should be enough.
Giving them all the rest doesn't stop fraud.
It just means you stole the mail along with the credit card :)

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have done one mastercard transaction with empire/andy when the alipay link with our in country payment system was down (ideal) never got any request for more information.

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got an email from Ali Express that they now take PayPal. I wonder if that will resolve this issue?

Side note, any updates on when this camera will be back in stock? :)

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not now, 0 available. Just tried to purchase 1.