Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank You Chase :)

Dude relax.

Like his updates have mentioned... when he gets caught up on existing orders he will will start making new invoices. He's human too and also has a life outside work. I'm waiting as well. Have patience.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday, in fact, almost everyday trying to remind him to send me an invoice. Its not clear as to what orders he fulfilled earlier this week. I was under the impression an invoice request is essentially an order. He didn't want to me to send him the payment without any invoice.

He clearly told me in the last week of February that he will invoice me once he received the stock. I still have not received an invoice, and that's what frustrates me because in-spite of sending him reminders, the only answer I've been receiving from him is that "my request has been noted"

Its not clear how he's approaching and processing the orders. It'd be appropriate to ship them out in the order in which they have been received (and that includes invoice requests--hold a piece for "x" number of hours)
If I remember correctly, Andy got scammed through and Ali order so he doesn't take payment unless he has the stock on hand. The cameras he's been getting in recently are still fulfilling past orders. I ordered last month and just getting the last of my order next week. Thrown in there to was some supply issues from Dahua, so he's doing the best he can. Andy has been great to everyone on the forum. It's a hot item right now. It is worth the wait, the image from these is awesome.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
He sent me this response last Thursday

I've been requesting a PayPal invoice since February 27th for one IPC-HDW5231R-Z. What the message above implies is that it almost appears some have recently been able to paid him via PayPal and their orders are being fulfilled, whereas my request dates back to the beginning of this month and I haven't even received an invoice yet. Need clarification

Also I'm aware he's 12 hours ahead of me
You are sure you have your PayPal account email info correctly setup ? Going to spam folder maybe ??

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, its correctly setup, had no issue receiving an invoice on other products before
You are sure you have your PayPal account email info correctly setup ? Going to spam folder maybe ??

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Stop reminding me, haha :D
We can all thank Andy for the wonderful support he is providing :) Cheers

If I remember correctly, Andy got scammed through and Ali order so he doesn't take payment unless he has the stock on hand. The cameras he's been getting in recently are still fulfilling past orders. I ordered last month and just getting the last of my order next week. Thrown in there to was some supply issues from Dahua, so he's doing the best he can. Andy has been great to everyone on the forum. It's a hot item right now. It is worth the wait, the image from these is awesome.

mckevin

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW I've been on the list for 6 since mid February and only got an invoice a couple days ago. I have to think he is doing this pretty much in order but it's just a long line.

I've been waiting to be invoiced since the beginning of this month (March) for this turret and I haven't received any invoice yet. Isn't there supposed to be a Queue / Reservation? This is frustrating. I really hope Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is aware of this. As I scroll through previous pages on this thread, I see others are somewhat in a similar predicament. I still feel others have been able to essentially "skip" the line. I myself am trying to understand and figure out their way of handling logistics and processing of orders. Would greatly appreciate an update, thanks!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
He told me earlier this week that he's getting more stock, which doesn't necessarily imply to whom its going to. Direct speak is key to a healthy business. Trying not to beat around the bushes here. I am looking forward to a follow-up, and I hope nothing is being lost in translation here as we all share our recent experiences

I wonder if any of us can help Andy from here

FWIW I've been on the list for 6 since mid February and only got an invoice a couple days ago. I have to think he is doing this pretty much in order but it's just a long line.

AaronNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Same with me, first messaged Andy Feb 11th, and only got an invoice a few days ago. He's shipping them out as quick as he gets stock in. It's Dahua that's the holdup.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He told me earlier this week that he's getting more stock, which doesn't necessarily imply to whom its going to. Direct speak is key to a healthy business. Trying not to beat around the bushes here. I am looking forward to a follow-up, and I hope nothing is being lost in translation here as we all share our recent experiences

I wonder if any of us can help Andy from here
Yep, I just ordered 100 and paypaled him $17,000 USD.

Now the list is long and distinguished, just like my johnson.....

SD

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He sent me this response last Thursday

I've been requesting a PayPal invoice since February 27th for one IPC-HDW5231R-Z. What the message above implies is that it almost appears some have recently been able to paid him via PayPal and their orders are being fulfilled, whereas my request dates back to the beginning of this month and I haven't even received an invoice yet. Need clarification

Also I'm aware he's 12 hours ahead of me
Arjun, I'm in the same boat. I sent my request via PM for 1 camera in late January, and have been getting the runaround since. I've been communicating with him at least weekly and have gotten every excuse for delays, oh on more week, oh two more weeks, oh really soon can you wait another week? etc, etc. My last request was met with the response about the backdoor problem with other Dahua cameras and that he would only ship when the cameras were safe! My order was for 1 camera only also. I can only figure the profit on 1 camera with DHL shipping is not very good compared with 5+ cameras with DHL shipping and he's filling the larger orders first. I understand the backlog through Dahua, but there are people getting these cameras from him before people that requested them long ago. I'm not expecting an invoice anytime, pretty much gave up and will be looking for other options. Would love buy from and support Andy but he just doesn't want my money!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm appalled, edit: and perhaps a bit disgusted too
In the business world, No order is too large or too small.

I'm not sure if I can validate this, but the more feedback here, the better for the sake of awareness. -fin

Arjun, I'm in the same boat. I sent my request via PM for 1 camera in late January, and have been getting the runaround since. I've been communicating with him at least weekly and have gotten every excuse for delays, oh on more week, oh two more weeks, oh really soon can you wait another week? etc, etc. My last request was met with the response about the backdoor problem with other Dahua cameras and that he would only ship when the cameras were safe! My order was for 1 camera only also. I can only figure the profit on 1 camera with DHL shipping is not very good compared with 5+ cameras with DHL shipping and he's filling the larger orders first. I understand the backlog through Dahua, but there are people getting these cameras from him before people that requested them long ago. I'm not expecting an invoice anytime, pretty much gave up and will be looking for other options. Would love buy from and support Andy but he just doesn't want my money!

Last edited:

Akguy25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same with me, first messaged Andy Feb 11th, and only got an invoice a few days ago. He's shipping them out as quick as he gets stock in. It's Dahua that's the holdup.
Well this thread has made it clear to me that I am not the only one feeling frustration with the poor communication. I ordered an NVR and 13 cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY on March 1 and have yet to get an invoice or any clarity despite repeated requests. I totally understand that he is backed up, I will just wait patiently...ok how was that, are they in stock yet? No, ok waiting patiently...how about now, in stock yet?..

Seriously, I will just wait patiently because from what I hear on the forum, he is worth it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand but Communication is essential for continued business. A preference for dealing with a particular business is established based on experience over multiple transactions, Not just one

We can only hope now, have faith, and seek a better light in this wavy trend. I really hope there is still honesty and integrity as well as utmost transparency in the upcoming updates.

Well this thread has made it clear to me that I am not the only one feeling frustration with the poor communication. I ordered an NVR and 13 cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY on March 1 and have yet to get an invoice or any clarity despite repeated requests. I totally understand that he is backed up, I will just wait patiently...ok how was that, are they in stock yet? No, ok waiting patiently...how about now, in stock yet?..

Seriously, I will just wait patiently because from what I hear on the forum, he is worth it.

Last edited:

Akguy25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand but Communication is essential for continued business. A preference for dealing with a particular business is established based on experience over multiple transactions, Not just one
I agree, Andy could do a better job with communicating the order in which shipments will be processed and where a given customer is in that list. That being said, he sounds honest and very fair so I will wait, at least for a little while.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's just simply the Pareto principle. Has been in business for years.

Maybe it's a signal? How do you work your way in to that 20%?

I know, just keep bashing away and I'm sure he'll put you right at the top of the list.....

SD

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
We're already aware of that lol

The dude is keeping track of 11enty billion messages, if you don't wanna wait go elsewhere, I'd be curious to know if you can get these from anyone else on AliExpress that are not the cheap Chinese market versions

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is really getting these much so, you're kinda stuck lol I'd love 3 or 4 more, but I've got others to install first

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk