Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

holco

n3wb
Reaction score
Powerline kit will work fine, but it carries no power to the camera. So you would have to either put it thought PoE injector or have an external power supply.
Also, those powerline kits are not very reliable. I have one for my TV and it cuts signal now and then

Asked Andy if he also sells a power supply with EUR connector.

A know nothing beats a UTP cable but thats almost no option overhere.

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z from Andy, now I have to find out the most simple way to connect is to my Synology NAS.

Is it possible to connect the camera with a TP-LINK Powerline TL-PA4020PKIT ?
If you can pull cable do it. If you can't, hire someone who can. Sooner or later you will run into problems with Powerline.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Firmware update worked fine, not quite sure what they changed though.. updated link in first post
I haven't been on the Dahua website much (so I don't know if this area is really new), but they have a Firmware area labeled "New" that had some info on this firmware update.

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 11.17.58 AM.png

Firmware area:
Firmware

Release notes for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.5.R.20170117:
http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/firmware/encryption/20170314/DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.5.R.20170117.pdf

IPC Firmware Release Notes Firmware version:

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.5.R.20170117

New features:

Null

Optimizations & bug fixes:

1. Optimize motion blur under low-light condition
2. Fix blurred screen problem in WDR mode when smart codec on

Browser version:

1. VLC: 2.1.5
2. QuickTime: 7.7.5
3. IE: Win8.1+IE11/Win7+IE8/Win7+IE9 4. Google Chrome: 40
5. Firefox Firefox: 49
6. Mac Safari: 8.0.3

Integration protocol version:

1. ONVIF: 2.4.2(ProfileS & ProfileG), ONVIF Test Tool V1607
2. PSIA: 1.0
3. CGI: 2.11, DH_CGITestTool_V2.001.0000.0.R.20160511
4. Easy4ip: 2.01

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been waiting to be invoiced since the beginning of this month (March) for this turret and I haven't received any invoice yet. Isn't there supposed to be a Queue / Reservation? This is frustrating. I really hope Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is aware of this. As I scroll through previous pages on this thread, I see others are somewhat in a similar predicament. I still feel others have been able to essentially "skip" the line. I myself am trying to understand and figure out their way of handling logistics and processing of orders. Would greatly appreciate an update, thanks!

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been waiting to be invoiced since the beginning of this month (March) for this turret and I haven't received any invoice yet. Isn't there supposed to be a Queue / Reservation? This is frustrating. I really hope Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is aware of this. As I scroll through previous pages on this thread, I see others are somewhat in a similar predicament. I still feel others have been able to essentially "skip" the line. Would greatly appreciate an update, thanks!
When is the last time you contacted him? I would be willing to bet that its easy to forget 1 possible order when many people a day are posting messages wanting cameras and starting conversations. Add that on top of all the regular orders on AliExpress, and... You see what I mean.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yesterday, in fact, almost everyday trying to remind him to send me an invoice. Its not clear as to what orders he fulfilled earlier this week. I was under the impression an invoice request is essentially an order. He didn't want to me to send him the payment without any invoice.

He clearly told me in the last week of February that he will invoice me once he received the stock. I still have not received an invoice, and that's what frustrates me because in-spite of sending him reminders, the only answer I've been receiving from him is that "my request has been noted"

Its not clear how he's approaching and processing the orders. It'd be appropriate to ship them out in the order in which they have been received (and that includes invoice requests--hold a piece for "x" number of hours)

When is the last time you contacted him? I would be willing to bet that its easy to forget 1 possible order when many people a day are posting messages wanting cameras and starting conversations. Add that on top of all the regular orders on AliExpress, and... You see what I mean.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been waiting to be invoiced since the beginning of this month (March) for this turret and I haven't received any invoice yet. Isn't there supposed to be a Queue / Reservation? This is frustrating. I really hope Andy @EMPIRETECANDY is aware of this. As I scroll through previous pages on this thread, I see others are somewhat in a similar predicament. I still feel others have been able to essentially "skip" the line. I myself am trying to understand and figure out their way of handling logistics and processing of orders. Would greatly appreciate an update, thanks!
Fastest way to get a response is a PM on AliExpress. He has become a victim of his own success. He's as busy as a one armed paper hanger.....;) Also remember he's +11 hours from EST.

Thanks guys, just calculated, seems currently 145pcs can't cover the orders made on aliexpress today. lol... The warehouse guy make a wrong data, actually only 145pcs. So now will fulfill the orders on paypal, and then the orders on aliexpress, I will send message to the buyer there if i can't ship out them this weekend.
But tomorrow maybe we can get another 200pcs, I think all can be sorted within 1 week.

Andy
yeah, i make a record, no worry.
EMPIRETECANDY Guys contact me at email: kingsecurity2014@163.com Skype: andy.tenvis All can find me easy.

Just keep trying all the communication channels (AliExpress, Conversation here, e-mail, Skype) .

SD

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sorry, what about my request? :blankstare:

Thanks guys, just calculated, seems currently 145pcs can't cover the orders made on aliexpress today. lol... The warehouse guy make a wrong data, actually only 145pcs. So now will fulfill the orders on paypal, and then the orders on aliexpress, I will send message to the buyer there if i can't ship out them this weekend.
But tomorrow maybe we can get another 200pcs, I think all can be sorted within 1 week.

Andy

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
He needs to feed himself through the Xerox machine a few times.
Maybe he's already done that and there are 6 clones so far.
He certainly seems to be in lots of places at one time, juggling many balls, working hard.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand that Solar Deity, I'm PM'ed him here and have also e-mailed him on several occasions. Its not clear what the status is for my request.

Fastest way to get a response is a PM on AliExpress. He has become a victim of his own success. He's as busy as a one armed paper hanger.....;) Also remember he's +11 hours from EST.

EMPIRETECANDY Guys contact me at email: kingsecurity2014@163.com Skype: andy.tenvis All can find me easy.

Just keep trying all the communication channels (AliExpress, Conversation here, e-mail, Skype) .

SD

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
He sent me this response last Thursday
Hi Buddy,

Today we get some stock in, but will ship all guys who paid us weeks ago, for the aliexpress order, i can process part of them. Today use up the stock in 1 hour, so crazy!!! If you already paid on Paypal 100% can ship out, if on aliexpress today, may can't ship out.

So if you still not make any order, we wait news, tomorrow i think should have 200pcs in.

Andy
I've been requesting a PayPal invoice since February 27th for one IPC-HDW5231R-Z. What the message above implies is that it almost appears some have recently been able to paid him via PayPal and their orders are being fulfilled, whereas my request dates back to the beginning of this month and I haven't even received an invoice yet. Need clarification

Also I'm aware he's 12 hours ahead of me

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand that Solar Deity, I'm PM'ed him here and have also e-mailed him on several occasions. Its not clear what the status is for my request.
I imagine he can make mistakes, and he does. He accidentally charged me $190 for a $510 camera!

I don't think he would intentionally skip someone. I know it's frustrating and you want your cams. I just understand how busy he's become, just from Ryan's review (this thread) and the interest here. Chinese New year didn't help matters. The firmware bug didn't help any either. Dahua promising more pieces than delivered put a damper on the orders. I don't know where you are in line, but he will send the invoice. Is it possible someone jumped ahead, of course. He's never stated how he manages his customers. What I can state is he is worth the wait. I tested the unknown bracket arm for the SD59 and he's sending me a FREE HDW5231R-Z. That is the kind of customer service he provides. He cares. If it arrives before your order, and you need an additional, I'll sell you it at cost as it will be 6-8 weeks before I can start on my home install.

Not sure what state you're in, but here in Syracuse, NY it's cold, 2+ feet of snow and again, freaking cold...... If your install is mission critical, there are other vendors. It may cost more, and end up arriving at the same time via e-packet, but if you need it ASAP and cost is not a factor, try the others. As you know, he is having his team personally test/update each camera before shipping due to the firmware bug.

I wish you the best @Arjun . I'm impatient as well in this Amazon Prime world we live in. How do we start an Andy Prime service.....:):)

SD

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm waiting for the invoice from him so that I can pay--I don't know if he's added such requests to his queue

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I pre paid for mine like a month and a half ahead to make sure I wouldn't have to wait longer lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
He didn't even allow me to pre-pay. That's what left me puzzled in the beginning. Since stock is rolling in now, he should let me pre-pay him. :D Its true, lol

Hopefully, can receive it very soon :)

My use of emolji's are not meant to be entertaining. This is a serious order. I'm sure we all understand.

Yeah I pre paid for mine like a month and a half ahead to make sure I wouldn't have to wait longer lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dude relax.

Like his updates have mentioned... when he gets caught up on existing orders he will will start making new invoices. He's human too and also has a life outside work. I'm waiting as well. Have patience.

Reaction score
I am sure glad this is not the camera of my choice(very high demand). My choice would be the 49225T. I have always dreamed about a good low price PoE ip PTZ. Yup, @nayr is correct. They are often toys for newbs and are usually not practical for real urban home surveillance.
So I'm kind of a newb but have had ip cams going for 6-7 years. Just a couple here and there. We like to keep an eye on our bovines and other stuff around. Elk, deer, lots birds and predator birds. And too damn many turkeys! They are taking over our part of the world. Kind of like zombies as they are so big and crazy. Always in a hurry. We can't wait for them to start nesting.
I digress. My point is you folks who live in the real world have a totally different need/want than I do for a good camera or way more. We use BI and only view and record manually when we see something cool. Also only on our lan. Nothing goes 'up there' from our cams. We go to town, usually Coeur d'Alene, ID, once a week and we never can get home soon enough. Been here almost 40 years. Hooked real bad. We do have Hughes and will be going to Gen5 soon. We have only one choice on internet.
So I will see if I can get this Google Earth pic up so you can understand our needs and see my smile. This is an old pic. Timber grows fast up here.
Edit: 2009 0n the pic. Not bad.
If anyone has other suggestions on a cam for our place, feel free to speak up. I do need some negative tilt since command central is close to the bottom of the draw. I am also too old to climb trees.

Attachments

Last edited: