Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Well thanks, awareness is key, there really is no minority nor majority here. Will be looking forward to positive news, thanks again

[QUOTE="Arjun, post:

I wonder if any of us can help Andy from here
Yes you can, stop pestering him everyday. The time he takes to answer an email is time he could be processing orders. He's not amazon, it appears to be a semi small operation.[/QUOTE]

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sure wish this thread could get back on track talking about the operation and tech specs of the camera, instead of all the whining about "I cannot get my camera". I am waiting for my cameras also and we will get them when we get them. Give the guy a break and standby. Lets start talking about the camera operation??

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Everyone needs to be aware of the situation of how orders are being handled. In some instances, if speculation is true, it may be considered unfair. Thus, everyone should be aware. We can't be single-sided. At one point you may be positive on a seller / storefront, then on the other hand--neutral or even negative resulting in returning everything.

I've seen sellers doing great things in the beginning, then towards the end go kaput. And I hope this doesn't occur. We are all grateful to have Andy on this forum, but the last couple of pages on this thread is to make him aware that even the smallest orders are critical. Not to compare apples and oranges, but even Amazon would agree or "any" open-minded merchant would agree. There'd be acknowledgement on both ends and information is key.

This not necessarily whining. Someone had to put this out here on the forum so they can think of the possibility. But yes, lets talk about this camera based on the operation and tech specs and any other questions pertaining to this camera.

To everyone else, please keep us informed over their order status. ;)

Sure wish this thread could get back on track talking about the operation and tech specs of the camera, instead of all the whining about "I cannot get my camera". I am waiting for my cameras also and we will get them when we get them. Give the guy a break and standby. Lets start talking about the camera operation??

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wondering,

Has anyone here ever considered receiving one massive pallet from Andy, then forwarding it out to the rest of us? Something along the lines of group buy and easing out of some of the frustration that seller could be facing when he's faced in such a dilemma? If Andy is truly doing this as a solo-business (no other reps involved), I'm amazed and salute him.

Again, is there any way we all can help him out--perhaps maintain some spreadsheet for folks in the Northwest, Northeast, mid-West, and Southern United States? Then place one massive order, and forward the orders to recipients here in the states. Wouldn't it ease off the uncertainty and frustration? I mean USPS Priority Flat-Rate box is quite affordable. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just wondering,

Has anyone here ever considered receiving one massive pallet from Andy, then forwarding it out to the rest of us? Something along the lines of group buy and easing out of some of the frustration that seller could be facing when he's faced in such a dilemma? If Andy is truly doing this as a solo-business (no other reps involved), I'm amazed and salute him.

Again, is there any way we all can help him out--perhaps maintain some spreadsheet for folks in the Northwest, Northeast, mid-West, and Southern United States? Then place one massive order, and forward the orders to recipients here in the states. Wouldn't it ease off the uncertainty and frustration? I mean USPS Priority Flat-Rate box is quite affordable. :D
Sending a pallet to a US location, is a really bad idea. I'm sure you would get hit with US Customs duties. It's Andy's business, let him manage it. He's doing all he can. He's not Amazon with automated warehouses and UPS shipping door to door.

Oh, and those of us that can order using the 'normal' method via AliExpress, haven't been able to order because of all the backdoor orders. Stock just rarely appears on the website, so we have to wait even longer.

Guys, no one likes it, but whining isn't going to speed things up. More stock will.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its more of sharing my concern, its certainly not a whine. I'm looking forward to hearing back from Andy soon, and also hope he acknowledges us. ;)

Sending a pallet to a US location, is a really bad idea. I'm sure you would get hit with US Customs duties. It's Andy's business, let him manage it. He's doing all he can. He's not Amazon with automated warehouses and UPS shipping door to door.

Oh, and those of us that can order using the 'normal' method via AliExpress, haven't been able to order because of all the backdoor orders. Stock just rarely appears on the website, so we have to wait even longer.

Guys, no one likes it, but whining isn't going to speed things up. More stock will.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its more of sharing my concern, its certainly not a whine. I'm looking forward to hearing back from Andy soon, and also hope he acknowledges us. ;)
You are being way over dramatic. Its really simple.
Step 1. Tell him to send you an invoice so you can pay NOW, rather than when he has stock.
2. Pay via paypay
3. Wait till the stock arrives and he will send it to you.
Its really that simple, if you want to reserve stock just prepay him. Do it via paypal, there is zero risk.
No need for nonsensical ideals like getting pallets shipped.
Or you can order from another seller..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman :), I told him that I wanted to pay now. In-spite of sending him reminders on several occasions for the the PayPal invoice over the course of the last few weeks, I haven't received one yet. I initially requested an invoice from him on February 28, 2017 and he's told me once he has stock, will send the invoice from there. I understand pallets are not feasible (but it was just a wild idea being put out there :D )

You are being way over dramatic. Its really simple.
Step 1. Tell him to send you an invoice so you can pay NOW, rather than when he has stock.
2. Pay via paypay
3. Wait till the stock arrives and he will send it to you.
Its really that simple, if you want to reserve stock just prepay him. Do it via paypal, there is zero risk.
No need for nonsensical ideals like getting pallets shipped.
Or you can order from another seller..

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Lol, just ship all cams out today.95% go to USA. 4 guys worked whole day. Tomorrow will update the tracking. Guys paid on PayPal before 14th. March all processing. Aliexpress only processed 15cams. Tomorrow may stock in more. No worry. All shipment can be delivered before Wednesday.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) my invoice :( I want to pay now, but need PayPal invoice

Lol, just ship all cams out today.95% go to USA. 4 guys worked whole day. Tomorrow will update the tracking. Guys paid on PayPal before 14th. March all processing. Aliexpress only processed 15cams. Tomorrow may stock in more. No worry. All shipment can be delivered before Wednesday.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If too much pre-orders I will have pressure. The perfect is I book enough stock and you guys pay when stock in, this is best. But for some new cams or expensive ones, we can support booking. These days too many changed from dahua. Make our schedule all out of control. Today shipped 45 lots out, all with HDW5231r-z. SD49225t-hn or HFw5231e-z and hfw8232e-z tomorrow may have news.Ship from HongKong. Today also send some free brackets with some shipment. I will reply message after I take a short break.

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I look forward to your reply soon; also my request is just for quantity - 1x HDW5231r-z :)

If too much pre-orders I will have pressure. The perfect is I book enough stock and you guys pay when stock in, this is best. But for some new cams or expensive ones, we can support booking. These days too many changed from dahua. Make our schedule all out of control. Today shipped 45 lots out, all with HDW5231r-z. SD49225t-hn or HFw5231e-z and hfw8232e-z tomorrow may have news.Ship from HongKong. Today also send some free brackets with some shipment. I will reply message after I take a short break.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, gotta' be persistent, I haven't gotten any direct response from him yet after sharing my concern here in the last 24 hours! At least a message via conversation or Skype would have helped eased out the frustration. I don't want to have a false sense of hope when an update is broadly shared with the community here.

I followed fenderman's advice, asking for the invoice so that I can pay NOW. Otherwise, how are you supposed to coherently maintain a queue? Good grief indeed. :facepalm:

Good GRIEF!! :banghead:

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i doubt that there is anyone on this forum that wants to have cameras more than Andy himself. That is his business. He wants to sell as many cameras as he possibly can. Cut the guy some slack and just know he is trying to get stock and get everyone as many cameras as they want. I am eventually going to get two myself.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, gotta' be persistent, I haven't gotten any direct response from him yet after sharing my concern here in the last 24 hours! At least a message via conversation or Skype would have helped eased out the frustration. I don't want to have a false sense of hope when an update is broadly shared with the community here.

I followed fenderman's advice, asking for the invoice so that I can pay NOW. Otherwise, how are you supposed to coherently maintain a queue? Good grief indeed. :facepalm:
there is a difference between persistence and pestering.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
My apologies for anyone that thought of this as pestering.

How else are we supposed to show how serious we are about ordering. From what I've noticed, sellers don't prefer it when customers vacillate (and ultimately become indecisive) and can't decide on whether or not they want to buy. I'm just making sure Andy know's that I'm serious about this order and that me along with the rest of us are not wasting his time. At least he'd have a better sense of the overall quantity to order if he accepted the prepay. He's accepted preorders through users on this forum before, and probably still is --- internally-speaking (read his recent post from today--PayPal orders placed prior to March 14th, fulfilled and shipped today). :)

There's no harm in pre-paying. He has everything in writing, the proof is in this thread and past correspondences.

Anyway, lets move on and hope that we all get our requests fulfilled soon. ;)

fin

there is a difference between persistence and pestering.
@EMPIRETECANDY

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the largest microSD card you all are using with this turret? Any particular brand / model preference?