Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
did you have to solder a jtag onto any of them to do it? lol.
nope I just had to try again using ConfigTool once the WebUI was borked; Sonia the main app that runs the WebUI failed to run after an upgrade.. but a process kicked off in the background to force a firmware file down its throat.

If that dont work the serial/ttl headers are exposed on the board and I could take it down and watch the entire boot process and tftp a firmware back on it this way.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lol, yes this one, but with CVI version.
Till today i think most guys already get their cams for the HDW5231R-Z, if found any mistake or something else, just let me know, will sort all well. Send email to me is faster and better, i can check it easily.
This one as an IPcam would get a try from me. Integrated PIR would be nice.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will be replacing my very old Panasonic BL-C111A.
I
t has a privacy button that we use to disable when we enter the house.
What is a simple "wife proof " way to disable only the indoor camera alarms when we enter the house?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
get a Dahua NVR, wire a signal output from your alarm panel to the inputs on the back and define the schedule for the indoor cameras to only record on that alarm high (when alarm panel is armed)

it wont disable the camera but it will disable recording when your alarm system is not active..

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually I don't have an alarm. I am sorry I should have explained better.
By alarm I meant the email notifications.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
then wire a button up that she can press and does the same thing.. or get an alarm, you really should.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what kind of button?
would it shutdown all cameras on the NvR or just selected few?
i don't want an alarm...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
could be a regular old light switch for all I care, cant hae AC power going through it but a switch ON/OFF and configure those cameras to only record if that switch is on.. you only schedule the cameras you want this way; each camera can have its own

kevkmartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If those cameras were put on their own multi-port POE injector, they can be shut off by turning off power to the injector. I do that for my rear porch cameras. The wife didn't want to be constantly recorded while sitting out there, so if the doors to the rear porch are opened (they don't have to STAY open), those cameras are shut off until: they are manually enabled, or we arm the alarm system "away" or we execute "goodnight" on the home automation system.

I use this:

Amazon.com: WS-POE-8-48v60w Passive 10/100 Power over Ethernet PoE Injector for 8 IP Cameras, VOIP Phones or Access Points, 48 volts, 60 Watts Total Power: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
could be a regular old light switch for all I care, cant hae AC power going through it but a switch ON/OFF and configure those cameras to only record if that switch is on.. you only schedule the cameras you want this way; each camera can have its own
What is the switch connected to? The NVR alarm?

Reaction score
What mounts you guys are using? as I need 3 ceiling and 2 wall mounts to conceal the rj45 cable. Or is there enough space within the casing to hide this?