Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm actually using the schedule to change Day/Night profiles. I run exposure auto during the day but set shutter to 1/100 at night. If you let it run auto at night the exposure time seems to get very long so as to cause images to blur due to motion. Makes ID difficult. Also like different WDR settings for day and night. Still learning though.
Yes, I've found the same. Leave it in auto and the default exposure time in low light is very long, resulting in motion blur if there is anything moving. Changing the gain helps a lot- default seems to be 50, up around 80 gives a big improvement in low light. WDR also works well at the lower end of the scale. Too high and everything loses detail.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today will process another 110pcs shipping out, I think all aliexpress orders can be processed and some of the paypal ones can be OK.
26.March-29.March, i will go to dahua for a visiting and meeting, may get some good news back. For the emails may not check it intime, but you can send emails to me, this is easy for me.
Hope next week there is no problem for the stock issues again.

Thanks for all guys support.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Just finish all package and shipping docs, today ship out 60pcs hdw5231r-z(aliexpress orders) and closed all sd49225t-HN ,hfw8232e-z ,hfw5231e-z orders. Tomorrow process the left 50pcs. Tomorrow morning fly to dahua, back on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend, guys!
SWEET, after weeks of waiting, my ultra starlight is coming back!

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess it's a busy time for Andy cause I got one email answered yesterday and never heard from him again. I'd like to order but....

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a guy with a dead camera. He's not interested in patience, only a new working camera, lol. I was hoping to start a good point of order with Andy. We'll see.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a guy with a dead camera. He's not interested in patience, only a new working camera, lol. I was hoping to start a good point of order with Andy. We'll see.
Andy deals with people that make purchases of $20k+ at one time... and still has time to help us out... if you don't have patience, find another vendor.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess so. Sometimes time isn't a luxury. If this were a camera for me, I'd have the luxury. This camera needs to replace a dead camera on a business. It doesn't look like even a week would be enough to expect. Oh well. Anyone have another rec for a dahua seller? I'm not writing Andy off but if he's a volume dealer and weeks is the best to expect for singles, I can only buy from his store in certain situations.

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just finish all package and shipping docs, today ship out 60pcs hdw5231r-z(aliexpress orders) and closed all sd49225t-HN ,hfw8232e-z ,hfw5231e-z orders. Tomorrow process the left 50pcs. Tomorrow morning fly to dahua, back on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend, guys!
Hoping my order is one of the ones wrapped up tomorrow! =)

Doing yard work this weekend. Be nice to run some more cable and do camera setup work next weekend.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess so. Sometimes time isn't a luxury. If this were a camera for me, I'd have the luxury. This camera needs to replace a dead camera on a business. It doesn't look like even a week would be enough to expect. Oh well. Anyone have another rec for a dahua seller? I'm not writing Andy off but if he's a volume dealer and weeks is the best to expect for singles, I can only buy from his store in certain situations.
Why not buy some inventory from him so you can avoid this next time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Buy the fixed turret or the varifocal bullet from BandH...