Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI 950nm Illuminators infact dont glow red; but your camera is only half as sensitive to em.. to illuminate the same as 10w of 840nm would require >20W of 950nm

IMHO yeh should just deal with the red glow.. even if using external illuminators

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Could string up holiday lights above the cameras and leave them on year-round. Then nobody would even notice the dim red ones.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have absolutely zero issues with DST on International Model Dahua's, just worked perfectly a few weeks ago.. no problemo..

Now chinese domestic models had bugged out firmware regarding DST; I dont have anymore of those.
I am wondering that you really use it in you contry? But anyway, as I looked closer to the dst settings, I notice, that i used date and not week for dst (never looked in week what is :facepalm:). for my nvr I have the problem for irregular date stamps when using date dst. I will try it now with week dst, but i only can see it in october, if it happens again. These are all international models.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is set up for Mountain Time Zone and my own time server on my LAN, but the time zone configuration should apply to any USA state that honors daylight savings the normal way.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could string up holiday lights above the cameras and leave them on year-round. Then nobody would even notice the dim red ones.
lol!

Side note: Be careful your city may notice them and send the code inspector to your house with a bill... seriously, they've got laws in some cities in the US to force home owners to take down holiday lighting.

Putimir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I had just upgradaded my IPC-HDW5231R-Z's with dh_ipc-hx5x3x-rhea_eng_p_stream3_v2.460.0000.7.r.20170306.bin (from Dahua site) and I noticed, that IVS options are gone :(

Previously I was running DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.2.R.20161216.bin, IVS was enabled...

Does any body have any clues?

Thanks

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I had just upgradaded my IPC-HDW5231R-Z's with dh_ipc-hx5x3x-rhea_eng_p_stream3_v2.460.0000.7.r.20170306.bin (from Dahua site) and I noticed, that IVS options are gone :(

Previously I was running DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.2.R.20161216.bin, IVS was enabled...

Does any body have any clues?

Thanks
@EMPIRETECANDY

Putimir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, for anyone having similar problems: William from Dahua support was helpful as always, providing me with crucial bit of info: you should RESET the camera to defaults (prior) to upgrading. I did a reset and the missing options are available again!

Thanks

TommyR

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what most of us do, set it to record all time 24/7 but use IVS, alarm trigger or motion detect to mark events in the recording timeline when it's triggered.

I suggest that you search "IVS" in this thread or in thread on the camera model you purchased to get an idea how to set up event triggers on the camera itself then go to NVR 5216 thread to download the NVR manual on how to mark events in the recording timeline when camera triggers it.

Bill
IMO, Motion Detection detects too much, which can cause too many marks on the time line where motion technically happened, but it wasn't anything you were interested in. I second TechBill's suggestion to look at using IVS.

I've had the best luck with drawing a shape around an area (driveway, porch, sidewalk, etc) and using IVS > Intrusion, with both the Crosses and Appears options checked. This will cause an event in your timeline if someone crosses the perimeter of the shape you drew, or if they suddenly appear within the shape (i.e. the camera didn't identify them until after they crossed the perimeter, so to the camera, they just "appeared" within your shape). You can also define minimum and maximum size for the objects. I have to use a minimum size to reduce the false alarms caused by bugs that fly close to the camera at night. For me, IVS gets it right 95% of the time, which is leaps and bounds better than how Motion Detection worked out for me.
Thanks a lot guys! I set up an experimental intrusion zone on one of the cams, it was triggered when I left the house and came back however it's not seen on the timeline in playback in SmartPSS. Do I need to do anything extra?

Thanks,
Tommy

JSec

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like empireCandy is out of stock. I tried emailing andy but haven't got a response yet. These things are hard to find. I hope he gets some more in soon.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like empireCandy is out of stock. I tried emailing andy but haven't got a response yet. These things are hard to find. I hope he gets some more in soon.
Hey guys,

I have a bad news, this camera has 1 week delay again, so bad. I booked 450pcs last month, till now 0 comes. I will be too busy again in late April.
For the other models starlight enough stock now, if have urgent project to finish, can select others.
These days,i am not feeling well, but now much better, so reply message little delay. All orders i am watching on it, no worry.

Andy

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a bad news, this camera has 1 week delay again, so bad. I booked 450pcs last month, till now 0 comes. I will be too busy again in late April.
For the other models starlight enough stock now, if have urgent project to finish, can select others.
These days,i am not feeling well, but now much better, so reply message little delay. All orders i am watching on it, no worry.

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY Take care of your health Andy. Thanks for the update.

omegatek

n3wb
Reaction score
Could some on point me in the right direction?

I have 2 of these and they look great on my intel i7 PC running Blue Iris.

But I want to view them remotely on Tinycam (or something equivalent). As it stands, I can see them on Tinycam but it's choppy. I think it's streaming the main stream. Any way to view the secondary stream (substream) to my Android phone?