Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm still having a problem with a camera. It's flashing white every 1-3 seconds, I think it's disconnecting and reconnecting every 1-3 seconds.

Andy mailed me a replacement camera, and the new one has the same problem.

Is it some setting I need to change, anyone have any idea?

I've already tried using a different ethernet cable and in a different location, and problem still exists.

Here's what it looks like:

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are there firmware version differences between the cameras?

Mark

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are there firmware version differences between the cameras?

Mark
The new camera is on firmware Version: 2.460.0000.9.R. 2017-04-28 which is not on Dahua's website or listed anywhere, I think I'm the first person with it. The old camera with this same problem was on the March 6th firmware version that's on Dahua website, and 1st post of this thread.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still having a problem with a camera. It's flashing white every 1-3 seconds, I think it's disconnecting and reconnecting every 1-3 seconds.

I've already tried using a different ethernet cable and in a different location, and problem still exists.

Maybe it would be best to outline the specific details of: "I've already tried using a different ethernet cable and in a different location, and problem still exists." in the event that you may have missed something. For example, if you actually swapped two of your existing camera locations, or installed it another location that you identified for a future camera.

Also, did you bench-test either camera? I don't remember what you did prior to returning the camera.

Since two cameras with two different firmware versions have exhibited the symptom, this is a head-scratcher!

Mark

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

PoE or external power supply?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it pulsate when you view the camera stream directly from the camera?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Remember that he hasn't been active on the forum in awhile (#life), so at some point newer firmware will come out that he will not have seen to update this OP with...

Looks like recent cameras have been arriving with .8 and .9 firmware installed, which nobody's been able to download separately yet (AFAIK).
On the Dahua website I don't find actual firmware too. Here you get the actual,the cameras come with.
Index of /DAHUA/OFFICIAL/04IPC/

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Meaning like if I plug a monitor into my NVR, instead of viewing the camera from my desktop on 192.168.1.08?
There is not a conflicting IP address on your network is there? Meaning more than one client has the same IP address of 192.168.1.08?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These days make a little mistakes for the shipment, seems the warehouse guy bit tired, lol, Will try my best to sort this out soon, this model still the most stable models we currently have.
Get some hot turrets cam , 4mp IPC-HDW5431R-Z, 8mp IPC-HDW5830R-Z SD49225T-HN-W (WIFI), NVR5224-24P-4KS2, seems dahua put one some 6MP ones now, maybe i can get one for reviewing here, as @nayr is busy and can't be here, so try to find a guy who can do this when he is free, but reliable, before some guys take the camera(FISHEYE PTZ) with very cheap/free but disappeared, lol... but anyway, here is a place make us learn more about the new technology and make our space safe,and fun!

And Camera for Watching license plate one, right now IPC-HFW5431E-Z5 is a good choice.
IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 (Enough stock)IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 bad lack of stock again. need 40days booking.
IPC-HFW8232E-Z is the best bullet till now, though a little expensive.
I am also be happy to talk with all guys here to make the ball rolling, not just you buy from us or not, i will do support if need any help.
You said the NVR5224 is much more expensive than the 5216/5232. Do you have a retail price now for this one?
Would also be interested in testing/reviewing new stuff. As you now I'm trying a lot of models

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The new camera is on firmware Version: 2.460.0000.9.R. 2017-04-28 which is not on Dahua's website or listed anywhere, I think I'm the first person with it. The old camera with this same problem was on the March 6th firmware version that's on Dahua website, and 1st post of this thread.
You aren't the first with that version. I already flashed it. You can get it here Index of /DAHUA/OFFICIAL/04IPC/

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Meaning like if I plug a monitor into my NVR, instead of viewing the camera from my desktop on 192.168.1.08?
Oh, I mean use your web browser to http:// directly to the IP address of the camera, instead of the IP address of the NVR.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, I didn't have a look today. Two weeks ago I downloaded version DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.10.R.20170523.bin.

Seems it's gone now and only version 9.R is left over in the unofficial part. Index of /DAHUA/UNOFFICIAL/04IPC/05-Eco-savvy 3.0/DH/DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.9.R.20170428/
When I looked at this link a couple of weeks ago, I saw only older firmware than what was listed on the first post of this thread, and I was thinking whey are people pointing to this? Personally, I thought, just better to stick with what @nayr posts because I just don't need the headache of being a beta tester. ;)

YMMV.

Mark

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

PR0r

n3wb
Reaction score
S
If you have issues accessing the camera web GUI after firmware upgrades, but they responds to pings, most likely the camera has malware again, and is also blocking connection attempts. Start over and run setup again, strictly adhering to the instructions above.
Today I took the camera down and opened it up. I've got connected to a switch with just my local PC and the camera. They are completely offline from the internet, camera is pingable but config tool and other software doesn't identify it.
I've tried resetting it - both when plugging in the network cable and after boot but nothing helps. The camera pings, then times out, then is unreachable, then comes back.

I'm honestly not sure where to go to from here? This camera is only 3 months old and has been rock solid prior to updating the firmware.

Also, is it safe to flash either of the PAL or NTSC firmware files?
Hopefully if I fail getting help here, I can return it for repair/replacement.
;(

Last edited: