Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

PR0r

n3wb
Reaction score

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've waited about a month and still no reply regarding ordering from EMPIRETECANDY.
Anyone purchased from here?
Dahua 2MP H265 WDR IR Eyeball 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens Starlight Network Camera IPC-HDW5231R-Z,free shipping
Dahua 2MP H265 WDR IR Eyeball 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens Starlight Network Camera IPC HDW5231R Z,free shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
(from AliExpress Android)
I also didnt get a response and have been trying for some time. I imagine he is swamped with messages plus hes technically on "vacation". But I ordered a couple days ago and everything processed without issue. Just waiting for them to get back to work and then i'll finally get to see what all the hype is about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This camera is offered in both PAL and NTSC. Does it matter which one I buy?
Firmware seems to be able to flash it back and forth between PAL/NTSC, so my guess is no. Plus I think that only really applies when you have analog video coming out of the camera, which I don't think is an option with this model.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys..i'm planning to order 3 of these turrets....and want my 4th cam to be PTZ....what's the most decent Dahua PTZ out there thats not obscenely priced? kind of best bang for the buck...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
guys..i'm planning to order 3 of these turrets....and want my 4th cam to be PTZ....what's the most decent Dahua PTZ out there thats not obscenely priced? kind of best bang for the buck...
Do you want auto tracking or no?

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are people getting responses? How do you order these cameras? I PMed EMPIRETECANDY around a week ago and still no answer. Is there somewhere else?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are people getting responses? How do you order these cameras? I PMed EMPIRETECANDY around a week ago and still no answer. Is there somewhere else?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
read...chinese new year..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

should be back early next week.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome! How is the motor noise? Need to monitor construction by unscrupulous contractors. Will they know it's moving around? Is there another option that's more disguised or does it get way pricier?
the faster you move it the louder it is, at normal speeds its basically silent.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Someone said I can get these shipped here in 2-3 business days

I need the connect.