Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

MnM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone got shipping notice from Andy?
Placed an order and paid during C.N.Y when they showed around 14 in stock. Now that Andy is back I would have thought he shipped to those that paid up front and waited patiently for 2 weeks or so....wondering what is going on?
Received a message on Monday from Andy stating " will process directly. waiting my updating for the tracking" Not exactly sure what he meant by that...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Placed an order and paid during C.N.Y when they showed around 14 in stock. Now that Andy is back I would have thought he shipped to those that paid up front and waited patiently for 2 weeks or so....wondering what is going on?
Received a message on Monday from Andy stating " will process directly. waiting my updating for the tracking" Not exactly sure what he meant by that...
Should have just waited to pay until now since you knew it wouldn't ship until now. and how he's got 11enty million back orders to fill.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Including the one I just placed 15 minutes ago :)

I am not in a super rush and know he's being swamped, but kinda hoping it gets here before my Blue iris trial ends....

EDIT: just got a response from him, he said no stock and it will be 2 weeks. Was kind of expecting that... I guess at least now I'm hopefully in line for one

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you trying now
Do it like this to find the password back for this camera. All small cams can use this way to find the password back. Sometimes the ports little different. Hope can help you guys. The two ports on the board, not the 4ports nearby.
upload_2017-2-8_21-52-13.png
For the NVR password, just tell me the model No. the time on the NVR, i will ask engineer to calculate the PW.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
******Stock updates.

Friday the stock will be here, and will finish shipping out all orders in 2-3 days.
hdw5231r-z ***So all guys who paid to us can get the camera before Thursday, some maybe faster. For the client from EU, we suggest you to use free tax way, just some more days.
As i know a camera to DE, have to pay 40usd tax, no matter how much value we put on the invoice.
HFW5231E-Z and HFW8232E-Z all no stock now. Booked some, hope can get the stock soon.

Right now i have some 8MP Turret camera,JDW4830EM-AS, HDW5830R-Z any guys needs, just let me know.
i booked more stocks for the HDW5231R-Z, hope can be no problem for the stock issues anymore!
Thanks for all guys help and waiting. In the new year, we will provid more good device with good price to protect your family or business.

Andy

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
aha, soon, already updated for the order status, today is the 3rd working day after new year.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Friday the stock will be here, and will finish shipping out all orders in 2-3 days.
hdw5231r-z ***So all guys who paid to us can get the camera before Thursday, some maybe faster.
@EMPIRETECANDY, when will you be sending out the PayPal invoices to the folks who were on the list before the holiday started?

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY, so to be clear, the customers who ordered from your Ali store last week are now in front of the customers who have been working with you since early January to order through the Conversations feature here on ipcamtalk.com?

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think Amazon has set the expectations too high for shipping. Lol.

I'm fine waiting though. Otherwise I'll be tempted to install them sooner.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cant believe how impatient people here can be.
  1. It's been stated NUMOROUS times @EMPIRETECANDY is a trusted seller
  2. @EMPIRETECANDY processes orders based on stock and order it was placed
  3. @EMPIRETECANDY takes good care of IPC members
  4. He JUST got back from holiday for god sake...give him some time to catch up!
^^^^^^What he said. Oh look, squirrel!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think Amazon has set the expectations too high for shipping. Lol
I can confirm this, Ive operated a few online stores out of my garage over the years.. once amazon prime came on scene customers started turning into total asshats if they didnt get a tracking number within an hour of ordering..

My postal person came at like 2pm, and every day I'd have to take a dozen more packages to the post office @ 5:45pm just so the'd get out the same day they were ordered..

Was a fuck ton of work for my tiny margins that I got almost no appreciation for... wonder why one day I said fuckit and shut it all down.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY, so to be clear, the customers who ordered from your Ali store last week are now in front of the customers who have been working with you since early January to order through the Conversations feature here on ipcamtalk.com?
You really wrote that ?!

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cant believe how impatient people here can be.
  1. It's been stated NUMOROUS times @EMPIRETECANDY is a trusted seller
  2. @EMPIRETECANDY processes orders based on stock and order it was placed
  3. @EMPIRETECANDY takes good care of IPC members
  4. He JUST got back from holiday for god sake...give him some time to catch up!
I'm looking to confirm #2 above. Zero issue with #1, #3, and #4.

Jan 05 - started a conversation here to place an order
Jan 06 - order acknowledged, told to wait for stock
Jan 11 - order acknowledge again, told again to wait for stock
Jan 31 - stock appears online at Andy's store
that is Andy's store, they are back in stock.
Today's posts from Andy seem to indicate that orders placed/paid last week (via the Ali store) will ship in 2-3 days. When I asked when I should expect the PayPal invoice (to start the process of paying for the order I placed on Jan 05), he replied "10 days later". I'm assuming that means my Jan 05 order will be processed in 10 more days. That's what I'm looking to clarify.

Last edited:

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can confirm this, Ive operated a few online stores out of my garage over the years.. once amazon prime came on scene customers started turning into total asshats if they didnt get a tracking number within an hour of ordering..

My postal person came at like 2pm, and every day I'd have to take a dozen more packages to the post office @ 5:45pm just so the'd get out the same day they were ordered..

Was a fuck ton of work for my tiny margins that I got almost no appreciation for... wonder why one day I said fuckit and shut it all down.
Amazon really messed up many small businesses...same day shipping out/free shipping over small amount/cheap overnight shipping/ 2-3 days from ordering to receiving items are all 'normal' in the eyes of consumers now.

RazorsEDGE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking to confirm #2 above. Zero issue with #1, #3, and #4.

Jan 05 - started a conversation here to place an order
Jan 06 - order acknowledged, told to wait for stock
Jan 11 - order acknowledge again, told again to wait for stock
Jan 31 - stock appears online at Andy's store

Today's posts from Andy seem to indicate that orders placed/paid last week (via the Ali store) will ship in 2-3 days. When I asked when I should expect the PayPal invoice (to start the process of paying for the order I placed on Jan 05), he replied "10 days later". I'm assuming that means my Jan 05 order will be processed in 10 more days. That's what I'm looking to clarify.
Personally, I wouldn't consider the order placed until I had received and paid the invoice.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when will you be sending out the PayPal invoices to the folks who were on the list before the holiday started?
Hmm... I must have nodded off and while I was snoozing IPCT was bought over and transformed into an online store.
Time to update the T&Cs.
Businesses or individuals representing businesses are not allowed to post outgoing links or advertisements to their products / services or solicit members in any way whatsoever, this will be considered spam and result in an instant, non-reversible ban. If you would like to become a vendor on the website or promote your products or services, please contact us to discuss becoming an official vendor. Otherwise DO NOT post links or information regarding your business, products or services! We take this VERY seriously.
[/user]

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just checked his store and it says no longer available...this because he's waiting on new stock or?