Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help me I just got my Dahau Starlight today and it doesn't seem to be powering on after being plugged into my POE switch. I have it setting in my office next to my POE switch and I've tried different ports with no luck. I have another camera plugged into the POE switch and it works fine. I've also tried a different cable but no change. Just no lights or anything from the camera to indicate it's on.

Anyone have any ideas?
what model poe switch?

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you try it with the other camera unplugged ?
That switch seems to have power budget of just 31 watt total.
Perhaps both cameras are too much ?

Simple test which you can do..

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How much power Does Each of These Cameras TAke? Ive Just Bought The Netgear GS308P Switch Which Can Handle 60w Power Total...i Hope That Will Be Ok

EDIT: just seen the spec on AE...says 8.5w so I should be fine given I'll have 3 cams powered via poe? Why is it even an issue for the previous poster if his switch can handle up to 30w? That still seems enough.

Last edited:

M1CHA3L

n3wb
Reaction score
I have received the camera today from EMPIRECANDY but there are a few options not availble:
Max FPS: 30
Max WDR: 100
Flip: only 180° or 0

The software versions:
Software version: 2.460.0000.1.R, Build Date: 2016-10-25
WEB Version: 3.2.1.388722

Any ideas? is there a newer FW availble?

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I walked into my office this morning (completely dark room) and could see the camera's red IR's lite so apparently it is powered up.

I could sure use some help getting the camera detected so I can change the IP address for my network. My Longse LBW90S500 was my first experience with an IP camera and my IP Search Tool didn't have any problems detecting it but not so the Dahau. The Dahau Config Tool is also not detecting it... or I don't know how to use it.

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
I received cameras today. Does anyone know what the difference in part numbers are? I tried to look it up but found nothing. My cameras show model IPC-HDW5231RN-Z . Seems the others in this thread are the same part number without the N.

Thanks,

Jeff

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The new ones shipping out are supposed to be NTSC and looking at a Dahua code breakdown @Nayre posted elsewhere there would ba an 'N' for that.
Is NTSC in any of the GUI options?

...sure wish my 4 would ship out. :(

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It doesn't appear that I can order one from Andy b/c they aren't in stock, right? I wish there was a way to place my order so I can get in line

Reaction score
It doesn't appear that I can order one from Andy b/c they aren't in stock, right? I wish there was a way to place my order so I can get in line
I used PM on this board to contact Andy and ordered 25 of these cameras. You most likely won't hear back from him until tomorrow because of the time difference.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I received cameras today. Does anyone know what the difference in part numbers are? I tried to look it up but found nothing. My cameras show model IPC-HDW5231RN-Z . Seems the others in this thread are the same part number without the N.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff, N just mean NTSC.Now i use all NTSC firmware for this camera.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I walked into my office this morning (completely dark room) and could see the camera's red IR's lite so apparently it is powered up.

I could sure use some help getting the camera detected so I can change the IP address for my network. My Longse LBW90S500 was my first experience with an IP camera and my IP Search Tool didn't have any problems detecting it but not so the Dahau. The Dahau Config Tool is also not detecting it... or I don't know how to use it.

Thanks for any help!
Use dahua config tool to make the search. You can download here.http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_detail_251.html