Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nothing, the one I review in post #1 is S2 if you go look at the label picture.. its just a revision #

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just run into the same problem, cannot setup IVS on this camera thru my 5208 NVR. Setup went fine on 4 other Dahua cams but I get the " does not support configuration search or modification" on the starlight.
I've been messaging Andy about another order but I recently discovered IVS and I like it!
Ok, still trying to get IVS to work on this Starlight since it's not possible through my 5208 NVR. While making some other adjustments with my laptop plugged into a NVR Poe port, I tried to set up IVS Tripwire direct into Starlight without success. I can add the rule but when I try to add the line nothing shows up on the screen, what am I missing?
I do have (4) other Dahua non Starlight turrets already setup with IVS on NVR, maybe I cannot mix NVR and direct camera IVS setups?

InkedDcam5 IVS_LI edit (2).jpg

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can these cameras work in both NTSC and PAL whatever you want to flash them with?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but that is nearly double what you should be recording with so I stand by my original statement.. 20fps is very generous for security use, anything over 10-15 rarely has any gain and just uses more storage than needed.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah but that is nearly double what you should be recording with so I stand by my original statement.. 20fps is very generous for security use, anything over 10-15 rarely has any gain and just uses more storage than needed.
I agree with you for foot traffic, but higher FPS is handy if you trying to read plates on cars going 35+ mph