Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
change TinyCamPro to low bandwidth profile

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Could some on point me in the right direction?

I have 2 of these and they look great on my intel i7 PC running Blue Iris.

But I want to view them remotely on Tinycam (or something equivalent). As it stands, I can see them on Tinycam but it's choppy. I think it's streaming the main stream. Any way to view the secondary stream (substream) to my Android phone?
Why dont you use the blue iris mobile app?

rado stefano

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I had just upgradaded my IPC-HDW5231R-Z's with dh_ipc-hx5x3x-rhea_eng_p_stream3_v2.460.0000.7.r.20170306.bin (from Dahua site) and I noticed, that IVS options are gone :(

Previously I was running DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.2.R.20161216.bin, IVS was enabled...

Does any body have any clues?

Thanks
my cameras came from empire without ivs.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice! When did you order? Just curious since I'm waiting on some as well. I'm in the Denver area and wondering how long shipping might take.
The order was placed several weeks ago. He had the cameras and wall mounts in hand but had to wait for the junction box (one at the top).

I am in the Seattle area. The order was picked up by DHL last Sunday night in Hong Kong and was on my doorstep Tuesday afternoon. The DHL online tracking system does a good job of providing information and it helps to signup for the e-mail notices.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The order was placed several weeks ago. He had the cameras and wall mounts in hand but had to wait for the junction box (one at the top).

I am in the Seattle area. The order was picked up by DHL last Sunday night in Hong Kong and was on my doorstep Tuesday afternoon. The DHL online tracking system does a good job of providing information and it helps to signup for the e-mail notices.
Good to hear. It sounds like it only takes a day or two from when it ships to reach its destination which is excellent. I lived in the Seattle area for a few years before moving to Denver. Hows the weather up there? :lol:

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today I received my order from @EMPIRETECANDY. Crazy fast shipping.

Ordered: (4) of the HDW5231R-Z cams, (4) PFA137 junction box, (1) HDBW4231F-AS

Ordered on: March 23rd
Shipping Notice: April 10th
Delivery: April 12th

China to my doorstep in 2 days. Wow.

IMG_4153.JPG

kodten

n3wb
Reaction score
Ordered 4 x5231 and 1x5216 NVR from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY on March 17. Received April 7. 2 days to Toronto Canada. I had the necessary duties to pay so fellow Canadians don't get too bent out of shape with the additional charges especially after taking the exchange on USD into account. For those still waiting be patient they will come. Now the fun begins of getting them up and running.

cheeser

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice! When did you order? Just curious since I'm waiting on some as well. I'm in the Denver area and wondering how long shipping might take.
I'm in Denver area as well...had two of them within three days after he shipped...excellent service.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered 4 x5231 and 1x5216 NVR from Andy @EMPIRETECANDY on March 17. Received April 7. 2 days to Toronto Canada. I had the necessary duties to pay so fellow Canadians don't get too bent out of shape with the additional charges especially after taking the exchange on USD into account. For those still waiting be patient they will come. Now the fun begins of getting them up and running.
Thanks guys, for the Canada they always charge tax, but i put 15% value on the invoice, so still have to pay little tax.
I am chasing for the new stock, no worry.
By the way, how many days holiday for you guys for the Easter Day? Then i can track all the shipment easily. As i know HK will have holiday from Friday Till Monday, so some shipment during this time will have some delay.

Andy

cheeser

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_0446.JPG Cheers...I have a couple of these cams now and getting ready to mount this weekend and connect to my Synology NAS.

Sorry for the poor photo, but I would like to mount one about a foot foot above the door frame just to the left of the door hinge. There is a closet just behind this location which makes it simple to run my cable from cam to switch in basement.

I'm curious if the light will impact the cam while it's pointed down? The light fixture has three sides, so I am able to place something on the inside to minimize light directly onto the cam.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You will get some light blur when the light is ON, You can try to direct the light away from the camera, or don't leave the light on.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Andy, Most people here in US don't get the Holiday off from work, Schools are closed on Friday.

cheeser

n3wb
Reaction score
You will get some light blur when the light is ON, You can try to direct the light away from the camera, or don't leave the light on.
Light has to remain on for the wife :). Was hoping to simply block some of the light so it isn't shining directly onto the cam. I could center the cam over the door, but then I would probably need to run conduit then to the left wall (via garage).

Looks like I will need to run a test before I start drilling.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Best to mount it on a long 2x4 with a cable ran out the front door to it so you can check it first!