Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Ron75077

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

We are looking for a few additional cameras for our home. They would be deployed outside to cover a few blind-spots. We have used and really like the IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras.
We thought we would install a few more cameras using the same model. Has anything new came out that we should be looking at using instead? TIA

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
@giomania I have no clue what the process is to add it. I'm using the x86, 32 bit, on Win10 Pro. I'll have a look and see if I can find the 64 bit version.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Help, none of my IPC-HDW5231R-Z, IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 seem to show IVS lines, snapshots or trigger recording on the NVR5216. I've searched this forum and see numerous others are having this same issue. I've set up IVS and a SMART PLAN within each camera and confirm triggering with direct emails from each camera. My firmware on all the devices seems to be current.

NEED HELP IN DELAWARE.

Last edited:

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I checked and SMART CODEC is not enabled on any camera.

I have a SD59 PTZ and it is displaying the IVS lines on the monitor connected to the NVR5216. Still no triggers that produce markers on playback.

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is a HFW5231rp-z? I ordered two of HFW5231r-z and got two of the above.

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Thanx for this vid Nayr, gonna mount 2 of these on my front porch, its a top covered porch about 20' across, so gonna put one on each side aimed at the front door and other side. A few years ago some scumbag snuck around my daughters wireless cam aimed at her car from the porch and stole my wife's new copper wind chime that my daughter got her from Tahoe, so these will cover both side 100% Bullets on top for front coverage :)

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
I think P indicates the shipping firmware on it is PAL. You can apply NTSC firmware if you want.
Yea I just noticed that also, when i looked at the cameras now they are PAL only, I read somewhere here ya can change it to NTSC, but being digital network cams the pal shouldn't mess with it.
Personally I am still doing the firmware.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is it possible to enable some of the IVS features and face-tracking in the cam software IN ADDITION to having Blueiris triggers and stuff, or not? or overkill/redundant?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you put an SD card in the cam, sure you could do that.
yes I have SD cards in all my Dahua cams...any recommendations on what would be most useful? are the facial recognition things decent?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes I have SD cards in all my Dahua cams...any recommendations on what would be most useful? are the facial recognition things decent?
Since all locations for cams are different, all you can do is set it up and try it, see if it works for you and your situation.

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to set a preset for zoom positions? I'm familiar with the Dahua PTZ GUI, and this looks similar to it, however I'm not seeing any area for presets.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to set a preset for zoom positions? I'm familiar with the Dahua PTZ GUI, and this looks similar to it, however I'm not seeing any area for presets.
No, and thats not what it is designed for. Use the Zoom at install time to get the field of view you want, then leave it be. It's a Varifocal lens, not a zoom designed to be used on a regular basis.

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, and thats not what it is designed for. Use the Zoom at install time to get the field of view you want, then leave it be. It's a Varifocal lens, not a zoom designed to be used on a regular basis.
Well that's a bummer. I have it positioned to capture two doors and was hoping to zoom to just one on a Blue Iris schedule.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, Chinese new year is coming soon,

Chinese New year Holiday Schedule:Feb. 12th- Feb.23th, during this time can accept orders,but can ship out ORDERS on 24th.Feb when we back to work.
So we can process the order in the later 6days.
Any urgent thing just send me email at anytime. Thanks for guys always support!

Andy