Dec 2020 - Comparison of RTSP Doorbells

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone got a wireless chime working with the EZVIZ DB1? I thought I read on another thread that someone had rigged up a relay but cannot find it.

Reaction score
Hi all
New here, just looking to invest in a secure parcel delivery setup for my new home. I'm keen to buy an iParcelBox, as this seems to be the best (only?) available connected parcel delivery box here in the UK. I'd like to pair this with a video doorbell, so that I can see who is trying to access the box before I allow them in. The app supports RTSP and MJPEG cameras; that is to say, when given permission to access the feed, it will display the camera feed within the iparcelbox app which removes the need to switch between video and iparcelbox apps to authorise a parcel delivery.

From their FAQs...

Q
What CCTV / Webcams are compatible with iParcelBox?

A
Most camera systems that provides a password protected RTSP or MJPEG can be configured to link to the iParcelBox app.
If you have a Synology;, RekorHD, Yeskamo/ESeeCloud system, you can provide your login details directly in the app. For other systems you will need to obtain the URL for your camera feed and enter this into the iParcelBox app.

Given the above, am I likely to have any success with linking the current crop of RTSP doorbells to my iParcelBox app? If the current offerings aren't viable, would anyone like to suggest an alternative setup please, or should I just sit on my hands and wait for something better to come along (is anything better on the horizon??)

Thanks in advance
Andrew

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All three of the cameras here support RTSP, some also support ONVIF.

There were a ton of new doorbells announced at CES this year, but they are pretty much all cloud based with no local streaming support

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a few questions regarding my DB11, perhaps someone can help with:
1) Every few seconds my DB11 image block pixelizes almost like its adjusting focus. It does not seem sensitive to camera location (near or away from the access point).
2) BI is reporting approx 19 fps, is this typical?
3) Anyone able to get DB11 and the Android BI app to work with 2-way talk?

Thanks.
Yes, the Android BI app supported 2way audio out of the box for me.

The max fps I tried on the DB11 was 20. It's possible it might go higher if you configure with configtooI, but I never tried

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m new to the forum. I’ve just had 3 IDMSS cameras fitted and DB11 video doorbell. The doorbell has been in for 2 days and is working pretty well. The IMOU app is a little slow to open on my iPhone 6, but is much quicker on my Mother’s iPhone 7. I have shared my Mother as an additional user and she’s signed in and has access to most features. The major issue is she is unable to delete video calls. In my account I’m able to slide left in message to delete, however the she has no ability to do this. Can a shared user not delete files? Also like another user the live video image pixelates every few seconds, making the image slightly fuzzy. Is this a WiFi signal issue (I have green full strength) or something else. Any ideas on how to resolve both issues would be most welcome. Thanks!!

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use any apps except for BI, so I'm afraid I can't speak to that part. It sounds like the different accounts probably have different permissions. You might be better off signing her in with your account.

For the pixelated video, the DB11 factory setting is using a lower bitrate to conserve bandwidth. You can use Dahua configtool to increase the bitrate if you'd like. That should improve the visual quality.

Basshook

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m new to the forum. I’ve just had 3 IDMSS cameras fitted and DB11 video doorbell. The doorbell has been in for 2 days and is working pretty well. The IMOU app is a little slow to open on my iPhone 6, but is much quicker on my Mother’s iPhone 7. I have shared my Mother as an additional user and she’s signed in and has access to most features. The major issue is she is unable to delete video calls. In my account I’m able to slide left in message to delete, however the she has no ability to do this. Can a shared user not delete files? Also like another user the live video image pixelates every few seconds, making the image slightly fuzzy. Is this a WiFi signal issue (I have green full strength) or something else. Any ideas on how to resolve both issues would be most welcome. Thanks!!
Hi, I solved the pixelization issue I had; I believe it's a firmware issue as another person with a new camera had the same issue. Download and install the SmartPSS tool from here: Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki
Use the PSS tool and in camera settings change the "StreamCtrl" to BRC_VBR and "Quality" to BEST, that should solved the problem.

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Basshook! I have tried to download SmartPSS on my iPad and iPhone and had no luck. I think this install only works in Windows :-(

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I think we may be at cross purposes. The pixelated live video is in the IMOU (formerly Lechange) app. Basshook and Silencery, are you suggesting to add the DB11 video doorbell to the IDMSS NVR set up which I have set up for 3 Dahua cameras and alter the bit rate there?

Basshook

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I think we may be at cross purposes. The pixelated live video is in the IMOU (formerly Lechange) app. Basshook and Silencery, are you suggesting to add the DB11 video doorbell to the IDMSS NVR set up which I have set up for 3 Dahua cameras and alter the bit rate there?
The issue is in the video stream and you will see it regardless of the client. The PSS tool will allow you to modify and save the cameras settings.

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Basshook,

I spoke with the engineer who installed the doorbell and sent him a clip of the pixelated video. He explained the pixilation issue to the live stream is unlikely to be firmware related, it is almost certainly a few millisecond or so as the broadband buffers fractionally. The clip viewed is as it refreshes and causes that momentary pixilation – akin to a voice call on a mobile, albeit much superior quality on the DB11.

I explained about fixing the issue with the IDMSS tool and he said unfortunately that the IDMSS software relates solely to the main CCTV system, not the DB11 which is essentially a separate range within the Dahua portfolio of products.

He explained there aren’t really any streaming settings able to be adjusted for the DB11 other than those within the app; it’s purposely been designed as a set-up out the box and go essentially.

Lastly, IMOU have confirmed that a shared user is unable to delete video etc., only the master user

Basshook

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Basshook,

I spoke with the engineer who installed the doorbell and sent him a clip of the pixelated video. He explained the pixilation issue to the live stream is unlikely to be firmware related, it is almost certainly a few millisecond or so as the broadband buffers fractionally. The clip viewed is as it refreshes and causes that momentary pixilation – akin to a voice call on a mobile, albeit much superior quality on the DB11.

I explained about fixing the issue with the IDMSS tool and he said unfortunately that the IDMSS software relates solely to the main CCTV system, not the DB11 which is essentially a separate range within the Dahua portfolio of products.

He explained there aren’t really any streaming settings able to be adjusted for the DB11 other than those within the app; it’s purposely been designed as a set-up out the box and go essentially.

Lastly, IMOU have confirmed that a shared user is unable to delete video etc., only the master user
All I can tell you is that I fixed the jitter as I have outlined above with the PSS tool in Camera settings under Encode.

polaris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anybody know how those three doorbells mentioned in the post compare to Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP? (In terms of signal, firmware reliability)

Last edited:

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have not tested the original DS-KB6003-WIP (Hikvision DB1) in person, but at least based on anecdotal feedback I have seen here, the new hikvision is better in reliability, connectivity, and image quality.

Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in.

I will at least say, compared to the dahua DB11, the current model Hikvision (laview/rca/Nelly's) is more refined.

The SD-M5 looks pretty good too, but I dont have one to directly test

Reaction score
I have not tested the original DS-KB6003-WIP (Hikvision DB1) in person, but at least based on anecdotal feedback I have seen here, the new hikvision is better in reliability, connectivity, and image quality.

Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in.

I will at least say, compared to the dahua DB11, the current model Hikvision (laview/rca/Nelly's) is more refined.

The SD-M5 looks pretty good too, but I dont have one to directly test
I'm one of the earliest adopters of the original DS-KB6003-WIP. As both Dahua and Hikvision have introduced newer models over the last three years, I still haven't upgraded it because they introduced no new advantages. It functions very well as a camera, and it functions very well as a doorbell. Never a problem with WiFi or anything else. If it holds up another year or two, I *MIGHT* consider replacing it if/when something much better comes along.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good to know! If you have time, and if you can share a clip, I'd love to take a look at a video to compare performance. If you can find a way to get it to me, I can link it on the first post.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks @VorlonFrog !

First post updated with your video, and chart has been edited to include specs for DS-KB6003-WIP

xaudiblex

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Does anyone happen to know of a doorbell camera that has both RSTP and Google Home/Chromecast support?