Dec 2020 - Comparison of RTSP Doorbells

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
  • Does someone know something about the new EZVIZ DB1C and RTSP?
bit late, but I just got myself a pair of EZVZI DB1C and looks like they can hook up into Batch Config just like the non C version.
I got a working RTSP stream and could remove the logo overlay.

I've just installed it so I haven't tested much more than that. They're my first doorbell cameras (Front and Rear door).

Official app works nicely, chime also trigger.
Video resolution is "only" 1536x1536, but I think it'll be plenty for what I need.
I like the fact it's encoding in H265, should save space on the SD card and NVR.

Let me know if I can help out with more information.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome to the doorbell club!

That resolution is interesting. Is it actually a square image? Do you mind sharing a screencap? I noted on the specs there's no mention of a PIR sensor. Can you confirm if there is or isn't one?

Thx!

polaris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the looks, specs and dimensions it seems like RemoBell S might be a rebranded EZVIZ DB1C.

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
1605710043346.png
1605710192249.png

Here's some screenshots taken using the app. I feel like the quality of the stream is better than the screenshot tho.

In the app it let you project the fisheye into a full square, somehow can't get a picture of that unless I screenshot my phone.

Edit

Almost forgot, there's no PIR sensor, it's all done using "AI" detection. I doubt there's any AI involved, but it does trigger when it see a "human"

Last edited:

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't find any way to grab a still image off the camera, most of the known URL don't seem to work.
If anyone got a list of them all, I've tried the ONVIF and ISAPI URL for now.

Onvif is definitly not enabled on this FW based on the error message I get on Batch Config

Reaction score
I can see my Nelly's DB2 that is connected to my NVR-4208-8P-i in smartPSS when I have 2x2 display, but not 3x3 or 4x4, I assume it is looking for a substream that is not there. Anyone have a hint as to how to get it to show up? Since the DB2 is connected outside of the NVR's private network, I was thinking maybe I should connect smartPSS directly to the doorbell stream so I can actually 'configure' the settings. Thought I would ask first.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can see my Nelly's DB2 that is connected to my NVR-4208-8P-i in smartPSS when I have 2x2 display, but not 3x3 or 4x4, I assume it is looking for a substream that is not there. Anyone have a hint as to how to get it to show up? Since the DB2 is connected outside of the NVR's private network, I was thinking maybe I should connect smartPSS directly to the doorbell stream so I can actually 'configure' the settings. Thought I would ask first.
In our 101 see STREAMING VIDEO TIPS:

Reaction score
In our 101 see STREAMING VIDEO TIPS:
I have read that 300 page thread it a few times, do you have a more particular pointer?
edit - that thread was extremely helpful in getting the DB2 working in the Dahua NVR to begin with, along with teaching me direct links to snapshots and how to access with VLC player. I just don't see smartPSS mentioned.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have read that 300 page thread it a few times, do you have a more particular pointer?
edit - that thread was extremely helpful in getting the DB2 working in the Dahua NVR to begin with, along with teaching me direct links to snapshots and how to access with VLC player. I just don't see smartPSS mentioned.
Sorry, was not sure what you were after, I do not have any knowledge of SmartPPS, though when I looked it up it does look interesting...Blue Iris does all I need...I am sure someone who is running SmartPPS will Chime In...

Reaction score
Sorry, was not sure what you were after, I do not have any knowledge of SmartPPS, though when I looked it up it does look interesting...Blue Iris does all I need...I am sure someone who is running SmartPPS will Chime In...
yeah, I am a long time BI user, but thought I would try a 8-channel AI NVR for a new system... might have bitten off more than I wanted to chew.... wish they could port BI to run on the NVR!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, I am a long time BI user, but thought I would try a 8-channel AI NVR for a new system... might have bitten off more than I wanted to chew.... wish they could port BI to run on the NVR!
I wish BI sold NVRs with their software on them. I would definitely buy one...I like NVR size and designs. Having a big PC Box to do Security Surveillance is definitely not compact...I entertained Synology SS but did not like their licensing per camera.

Reaction score
I figured it out... instead of double-clicking to add to the view, right click and select 'Main Stream'. (you cannot change existing view from sub-stream to main stream, and if you change from main to sub, it locks up that view window)
1607105100731.png

007msk

n3wb
Reaction score
yoosee / gwell has windows CMS Client app. does anyone have a link yoosee/gwell windows CMS Client SDK ?

Lago86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All...Looking into a doorbell to ad to my Homeseer/BI ecosystem. So is the Hikvision DS-HD1 for $137 (online) the same unit as the EZVIZ DB1 for $79 (Orange big box store)? From what I gather reading this thread and others they are the same unit, but I defer to the experts.

TIA!

Lago

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could anyone with a DB1C tell me how reliable the notifications are when someone actually presses the doorbell? I currently have the Blurams video doorbell and I get notified maybe one in every 10 times that the doorbell is pressed.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could anyone with a DB1C tell me how reliable the notifications are when someone actually presses the doorbell? I currently have the Blurams video doorbell and I get notified maybe one in every 10 times that the doorbell is pressed.
I’m using the IOS APP and have not missed a one in 2 months. 2-3 second delay but works.

On_Fire

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I correct in that, if I want a PoE doorbell with RTSP / ONVIF, Yousee SD-M5 is my only choice?