DMSS App: Motion Events don’t always display the Thumbnail

jamesym90

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm far from an expert so lets get that out of the way ;) But i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once (maybe to old of humor for some)

I cant screenshot everything to teach you how to use the app. It would take many hours and though I'm retired you couldn't afford me.

I will say based on your posts that the problem isn't likely your App.
Working fine during day and not so good at night tells me your event rules/triggers (MD or IVS or SMD) are not set up well/correctly for nighttime and low light.
If it works even sometimes at night, its not typically an APP or recording schedule problem.

Version - in order
View attachment 203990 View attachment 203991 View attachment 203992

There's hours of video available. You;ll need to roll up your sleeves and get dirty like the rest of us. Here's two to get you satrted

told you, your an expert. Much appreciate. I will defo roll the sleeves up

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See if you can login to the NVR web Interface using a computer and browser, probably at the default address 192.168.1.108

If you can, we can at least see what event triggers are setup and give your "engineer" some direction on where to go to fix it

Dave_17

n3wb
Reaction score
what version of DMSS do you have?
Your engineer is full of shit if he says you can’t connect your NVR via local LAN Ip
Thanks - You're a life saver - I just logged-out of my account and was then able to connect over IP, and all the thumbnails are working GREAT :) ... Not sure why I'd want to connect any other way, because I have a static iP so can connect whilst away as well. It did say you lose your alarm messages when you close the app, but I tested this and my messages remained, unless it means when / if you ever log-out, but I am fine with this, as never log-out anyway..

Thanks for your prompt... I should have looked at this earlier, explains why the older apps were working :) !!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yes if you logout you lose them.

I dont think that will solve your "away from home" remote access issues though. If you mean port forwarding your house WAN/external IP, yeah it will work until you get hacked.

I setup two separate profiles in DMSS (just treat them as separate NVRs).
1- Local IP just like you have now for when I'm home on my wifi
2- A second profile using the Serial Number and P2P enabled on the NVR for remote access when I'm away

I leave P2P enabled on the NVR all the time but I only access the cameras remotely via the P2P profile when I'm away. As you saw, relying solely on the P2P connection, while home on your LAN, can produce various not good results.

if you can get that working, then shut off any port forwarding in your router.