DS-2CD2325FWD-I 2MP Ultra-Low Light Network Turret Camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hard for me to tell the difference between the 2mp and the 3mp. Do you have any thoughts on which is better?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
There isn't much difference between them except 2mp will catch more light per pixel

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll setup a stand this weekend to record side-by-side.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the 2MP and 3MP have the same basic pixel density; both of these should perform pretty much identically.. just depends if you want 4:3 or 16:9.. personally I prefer 16:9, if you want more vertical pixels then just run it in corridor mode.

3MP ~= 2MP with a bit of pixels on the left and right moved and put on the top/bottom to square it out.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2048x1536 vs 1920x1080

IMHO you're unlikely to notice any difference in resolution/ detail between cameras via Youtube videos. (Going by past experiences with dash cam footage on Youtube there is a noticeable drop in quality once uploaded.)

@mlapaglia has Hikvision set the Gain at 100 on both of them? My 4MP Hiks come set up that way by default and it causes noise issues in low light when locked in colour.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agree. Can you pls. upload (attach) the raw stream?

Be good if you turned off the IR flood for these tests too pls.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is my 6mm/3mp version in the daytime. I have it trained on one of my cars to get facial id. The man is standing at the rear of the car in this photo. I posted in the other thread by mistake and have daytime and night time photos in that thread. I like the night time improvement over the 6mm/4mp 2042 bullet camera it replaced. By the way I would estimate he is around 25' away from the camera.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a picture from the previous camera a Hikvision 2042 bullet camera 6mm/4mp. I was thinking of adding more light to the area by the car so that it would show up better at night. However with the new low light camera I don't think I need to. Compared to the above picture look at the shrubbery across the street and right by the car lower right. Also you can see the aspect ratio of the two cameras are different. I am going to try a 2mp version next and see how I like that.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Today I ordered a Hikvision low light bullet camera DS-2CD2025FWD-I to replace a 2032 bullet camera in the back yard. The new camera on order is 2MP/4MM. This should be a direct swap out after I match the address of the old camera. I will post up before and after pictures. So far I am impressed with my new Hikvision low light camera. One more thing compare the features on the gate in the above pictures.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I used Ali Express to use order my last camera. In fact I have used them quite often to order my cameras. No problems.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably. I do not download the software upgrades as the cameras are working fine as they are. Make sure to get the international versions versus the Chinese versions.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd suggest another supplier. They have items listed that they don't have in stock- it took over 3 weeks for two cameras I ordered to ship (and that was after I changed one camera that would have taken nearly 2 months to come in!) I also contacted them regarding focus issues and never got a response.

@MrRalphMan has used a different Hik supplier and had excellent service.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd suggest another supplier. They have items listed that they don't have in stock- it took over 3 weeks for two cameras I ordered to ship (and that was after I changed one camera that would have taken nearly 2 months to come in!) I also contacted them regarding focus issues and never got a response.

@MrRalphMan has used a different Hik supplier and had excellent service.
This is the item I bought from 'China Security Wholesale' and I got two in six and twelve mm.
The six mm had awful focus across the scene and after an initial back and forth, they agreed to take it back.
A few weeks later I got the same camera back and it'sworking.

Fiona, from the store, is refunding me £40 for the trouble, it only cost me £23 to send the camera back.

I would definitely recommend her store.

Paul

*** edit ***
The cameras did take a week or so to come into stock, but that was when the cameras first came out, so hopefully they would have stock in now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Paul for that link. I went ahead an ordered another DS-2CD2335FWD-i. They are much better at night than the older versions.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed the DS-2CD2025FWD-I Low Light camera. The daytime is about the same. The big difference is at night. No comparison. Here are the pictures with the new camera on top.

New Camera #1 Night.jpg Old Camera #1 Night.jpg

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guy's what about import duty ?, i'm in UK will i be stung with paying import duty ?