DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes it is the My 7608NI-I2/8P. Typo on my part. It is an early version so maybe firmware or software.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello all
what kind of settings do you use for DS-2CD2335FWD-I in day mode please ? exposure and other settings .

Thanks for help

BICK

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all
what kind of settings do you use for DS-2CD2335FWD-I in day mode please ? exposure and other settings .

Thanks for help

BICK
From the previous page:

For exposure, I've got one viewing my driveway (pictured above) now set at 1/50th- it struggles a bit with the LED floodlights that are permanently on, but additional sensor lights come on with any cars/ people and then it's perfect. Elsewhere, 1/25th. With the Hik's you can only set one exposure speed which then becomes the longest exposure period the camera will use.

WDR, BLC etc all set to off. I have the Day/Night set to Auto with a sensitivity of 7. So if any of my LED floodlights fail the cameras affected will switch to Night with IR automatically.

If you've got decent street lights you should be able to get pretty good results.

Edit: I use the same settings for day and night. I've found they're very good for both.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello i will try theses settings thanks

BICK

The Mot

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I ask which stores people are buying the DS-2CD2335FWD-I from?

It doesn't seem like there's a huge number of places stocking them on AliExpress and eBay. Cheapest appears to be ebay at AUD$143.99 (or best offer) delivered however the seller has exactly zero feedback. Otherwise eBay seems to be around the AUD$160 mark and the only store I've heard of, Secure Life on AliExpress, is AUD$186.25 which is very much the more expensive end.

I know it's not a huge difference but adds up over the 4 cameras I'm looking to get.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a local supplier here in the uk that sells them to me for £113 including VAT & Delivery and I claim the vat back which leaves them cheap.

Only issue I have with the 2335's that I have is that I can't register them on Hik-Connect because of an Invalid Serial number.

Restricts the use of the camera in some jobs.

The Mot

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a local supplier here in the uk that sells them to me for £113 including VAT & Delivery and I claim the vat back which leaves them cheap.
I don't think I've even seen the 2335 advertised locally let alone at that cheap a price. If someone could supply locally for AUD$189 I'd buy them. But everything I can find is shipped direct from China.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Only issue I have with the 2335's that I have is that I can't register them on Hik-Connect because of an Invalid Serial number.

Restricts the use of the camera in some jobs.
That's probably why there are cheap, fake knock-offs. Got mine from Aliexpress Hik retailer, Hik-connect worked withour issue

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think I've even seen the 2335 advertised locally let alone at that cheap a price. If someone could supply locally for AUD$189 I'd buy them. But everything I can find is shipped direct from China.
You won't find them sold at legit Hikvision dealers in Australia as Hikvision Australia aren't going to import them. I found that out when I tried to order one from an Aussie retailer. I think I posted that earlier in the thread?
Be careful who you buy from on Aliexpress.com as some sellers advertise when they don't have stock. Also check you're buying a proper international version that can have the firmware upgraded.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At the price I paid for the 2335's, they are a bargain even if Hik-Connect doesn't work as they are connected to an NVR.

Also, I know a guy that got a shipment from AliExpress and Hik-Connect works on some cams and not on others and they came from the same seller so I don't know what the story is.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to ask for confirmation that these were the Ultra Low Light ones, as HIK seem to have used a very similar naming convention for a NON ULL camera.

DS-2CD2335FWD-I - ULL
DS-2CD2335-I - Not ULL

The second was available in the UK previously and was a lot cheaper then the ULL one, but I see that the ULL ones have found themselves onto ebay.co.uk now for £129 quid, which is about £20 more then the AE sellers, but for quicker delivery.

Good to know we have local options now, although the service from my AE seller was exceptional, so would probably save the money and take the slight hit on the delivery time.

Paul

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Got this today will power up this week and add the mic for it let you know how it goes

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got this today will power up this week and add the mic for it let you know how it goes
Looks good. Does it have motorised tilt and swivel as well, or just motorised zoom? Built-in IR?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I forgot about this thread. I received the 2CD2H25FWD-IZS camera. It mounts a little different than the other Hikvision cameras I have. IMHO I found a mounting flaw. There is a tab on the mounting plate that the camera cord hangs on to help with the installation of the camera. Well in my case this tab was right in the way of the cat 6 cable. I had to break the tab off. The camera fits on the mounting plate and you have to turn the camera a few degrees and then screw in the set screw to hold it in place. The "tab" was hitting the cable and I could not turn the camera enough for the set screw to engage.

As to the camera itself I am very happy with the optics. It is better than I thought it would be. I will try and take a picture tonight.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Will post a few photos tonight it's a lot bigger and has a very unique plug seal and the bottom mount is like a ptz ring

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a newbie question. Would having the motorized lens in the Dahua model make a huge difference? I have never had a camera with a motorized lens but have all Hikvision cameras. Not real interested in switching them all out. Just wondering how big of an advantage it is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a newbie question. Would having the motorized lens in the Dahua model make a huge difference? I have never had a camera with a motorized lens but have all Hikvision cameras. Not real interested in switching them all out. Just wondering how big of an advantage it is.
its a huge advantage in that you can cover the exact area your wish and get the most detail by not wasting any pixels...as far as motorized varifocal vs manual, its night and day...the manual adjustments are a huge pain to setup...

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Darn. I feel like I've made a mistake jumping into Hikvision before knowing what my needs are.