DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was there a version of these darkfighters last year? Curious to see how much more they are vs the cams in this thread.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 4MP range seems to have a significantly better lux rating, wonder how much of that is real.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 4MP range seems to have a significantly better lux rating, wonder how much of that is real.
I'm not sure where you're getting that from? The 3MP(fixed or varifocal) is rated slightly better for min Lux levels.

Not directly related to the above, but with Hik datasheets you need to make sure you're reading the Lux rating relevant to the f stop of the lens fitted. They usually give two ratings.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah, thought I saw a lower lux rating on the 4mp cams. Maybe I will stick with the 3mp if the low light specs are better. Andy at empire mentioned Hik isn't allowing Chinese distributors.... Odd that there still seems to be a ton of them on Ali.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2335 - Color: 0.005 lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0.009 Lux @ (F1.6, AGC ON), 0 lux with IR

2345 - Color: 0.008 lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0.014 lux @(F1.6, AGC ON), 0 lux with IR

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guys what’s the best setting t have on the 2335 for nighttime only! Strictly want them for night only in colour!
From memory:
Leave your IR "On", set the sensitivity to 7 (that will still turn the IR on if you lose your visible lighting)
Turn "WDR" off and use "HLC" (on auto IIRC)
Noise reduction on "Expert" and leave the top line at zero and the bottom around 30-50%

I'll check for sure later. I recently set up a Day and Night schedule using time only. That let me optimise the night settings without affecting the daytime viewing.

PS: Love your Audi- is it an RS3?

You may also need to add an additional low powered visible light to get useful colour night vision, or a PIR controlled sensor light. It will also serve as a deterrent to anyone who thinks about entering your yard.

I recently had my first thief going through my street at 4AM. He was going up to all the cars in the street and checking if they were unlocked, if they were he was rummaging through taking anything of value. It was funny as he went to walk up our driveway to the car and immediately did a u-turn and walked out again when all the sensor lights went on. (I've got permanent visible LED floodlights plus numerous sensor lights.) I don't know if he spotted the cameras or not. He did steal out of two neighbours cars- my cameras picked it up.

If hard wiring lights is too hard, a couple of Arilux AL-SL12 lights will be more than enough.

Last edited:

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From memory:
Leave your IR "On", set the sensitivity to 7 (that will still turn the IR on if you lose your visible lighting)
Turn "WDR" off and use "HLC" (on auto IIRC)
Noise reduction on "Expert" and leave the top line at zero and the bottom around 30-50%

I'll check for sure later. I recently set up a Day and Night schedule using time only. That let me optimise the night settings without affecting the daytime viewing.

PS: Love your Audi- is it an RS3?

You may also need to add an additional low powered visible light to get useful colour night vision, or a PIR controlled sensor light. It will also serve as a deterrent to anyone who thinks about entering your yard.

I recently had my first thief going through my street at 4AM. He was going up to all the cars in the street and checking if they were unlocked, if they were he was rummaging through taking anything of value. It was funny as he went to walk up our driveway to the car and immediately did a u-turn and walked out again when all the sensor lights went on. (I've got permanent visible LED floodlights plus numerous sensor lights.) I don't know if he spotted the cameras or not. He did steal out of two neighbours cars- my cameras picked it up.

If hard wiring lights is too hard, a couple of Arilux AL-SL12 lights will be more than enough.

Thanks for all the info mate much appreciated!! Will get them solar lights put them on my fence’s!

Yes it’s the rs3 nardo with black pack. Problem is had 3 groups of people now in the past 12 months routing for my car keys trying to break in. All the scum come onto my estate to steal :( with mine they seem to no I have cameras as they cover there faces before even coming into my garden! I really wana catch 1 of them teach them a lesson so annoying

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a video of a car they was in but can’t see reg as it’s reflecting and can’t even see the make of the car. Hence just need atleast 2 cams to get good night vision and closer view of the rd

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My experience from similar solar lights is that their solar panel is very weak and poor quality that even in direct sunlight exposure all day, the solar panel does not charge fully the batteries.
Also I have tried several LED lights to enhance the illumination at night. The problem is that these lights produce a very concentrated light at a very specific area, they do not diffuse the light over a wider area. The result is burn out areas and dark areas elsewhere. I have the 2335 cameras which can cope very well with WDR and still fail in certain cases. The solution was to use large LED panels (120cm x 30 cm) 45W, 5400 Lumens from VTAC that produced a more uniform lighting over the area. With these lights I got a more uniform contrast over a larger area than the spot LED lights. In that case the camera 2335 coped extremely well. It is very difficult to predict the illumination of an LED as seen by a camera. Do not be fouled by your eyes. Human eyes have extremely wide dynamic area. Compare what you-me-humans see, when we look at almost direct sunlight (or high contrast scenes) with the picture that the digital camera sees.
EDIT: In general use more low watt-lumen lights distributed evenly over the area, rather than a very high lumen light in one spot.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your door shot has very poor illumination at the car distance because of your door light at the left of the pic. You must avoid such light or change the camera location to avoid it. Alternatively add more light towards the car to balance the contrast.

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My experience from similar solar lights is that their solar panel is very weak and poor quality that even in direct sunlight exposure all day, the solar panel does not charge fully the batteries.
Also I have tried several LED lights to enhance the illumination at night. The problem is that these lights produce a very concentrated light at a very specific area, they do not diffuse the light over a wider area. The result is burn out areas and dark areas elsewhere. I have the 2335 cameras which can cope very well with WDR and still fail in certain cases. The solution was to use large LED panels (120cm x 30 cm) 45W, 5400 Lumens from VTAC that produced a more uniform lighting over the area. With these lights I got a more uniform contrast over a larger area than the spot LED lights. In that case the camera 2335 coped extremely well. It is very difficult to predict the illumination of an LED as seen by a camera. Do not be fouled by your eyes. Human eyes have extremely wide dynamic area. Compare what you-me-humans see, when we look at almost direct sunlight (or high contrast scenes) with the picture that the digital camera sees.
EDIT: In general use more low watt-lumen lights distributed evenly over the area, rather than a very high lumen light in one spot.
Thanks for info.

Them panels you talk about are big white panels? Where would you put them?

My door porch lights seem good I may just use some solar lights on my fences and wall. With my porch light on that should be enough hopefully. The rd is very well lit up. If I have a camera directly on my rd/gate it should be clear being plenty of light there ?

Kilojade

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your door shot has very poor illumination at the car distance because of your door light at the left of the pic. You must avoid such light or change the camera location to avoid it. Alternatively add more light towards the car to balance the contrast.
Ye there is 2 of them lights either side mate. But if someone comes to my door I can see there faces very clear. They always come to my door looking through to see if the keys are around for my car. I just wana try catch them before entering my garden with using the street lights and catch there reg plate better. I’m mounting a cam 2335 in the tree in a bird box directly on the rd as well

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The panels I am talking are the thin LED panels used in office ceilings. They provide more uniform diffused light over a wider area.
You car sunlight pic is typical example of a high contrast pic that cameras have trouble to capture it properly. The 2385 is also WDR enabled (as is the 2335) but the 2385 has a smaller sensor (and hence less sensitive in light) compared to the 2335 camera sensor. You have to experiment with the various lights to see which one will give you the best result. More light is not always better. Diffused light should be the rule to follow.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Kilojade , damn that's a bad situation with people trying to steal it. The "HLC" (high light control?) setting on the 2335FWD-I helps to even the exposure levels out at night, without it I get overexposed/ washed out areas. All of my LED lights are flood lights- to try and even out the spread of light. You want to avoid your cameras having any light sources in the frame (wherever possible) to avoid the light affecting the camera's exposure levels. Have you thought about locking your front gate at night (eg. using a padlock and chain) plus fitting an old fashioned steering wheel clamp on your car? Combined with more lighting that might be enough for potential thieves to bypass your house.

Those Arilux solar lights are very good @aster1x - I've been through a few different brands and had similar experiences to you. These are well made and throw out a lot of light. They run off replaceable Lithium Ion batteries and can run in three different modes- I've got mine set to be off until movement is detected. They then will trigger at full brightness for 20 seconds. Two of them on the house walls above the car would help light up the clothing and faces of the crims. I've got five of them along the gutters of my house and they trigger when people walk past on the road ~8m away. Some of them have been up there for around 2 yrs with no problems. As long as they are mounted where they can get a couple of hours sunlight they'll work fine (a few cloudy days in a row won't affect them unless they're being triggered a lot at night.)