Firmware for newer dahua cams as well as detailed specs available here

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Will be bookmarking this thread to get a hold of latest firmware updates to address recent PSA by Dahua :)
why? you need to be using vpn, relying on dahua or any other camera manufacturer for security is just plain stupid.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no firmware will get you IVS.. if your not having any issues; all you risk doing is breaking it
Actually managed to update the firmware on my HDW4431EM-AS without bricking it. Heeded your warning and didn't do this on a whim. Camera keeps turning the IR light on even after I turn the IR off, set it on "manual" and turned it down to 0, still comes back on. Did a factory reset with the internal button, comes back on. I'll see tonight if this firmware update did the trick.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What date format is the firmware in? DD/MM/Year or MM/DD/Year?

kees

n3wb
Reaction score
tnx for the link. Updated yesterday by product page. That gave version 20160912 instate off 170315

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There seems to be a new 2017 firmware release. My camera is a SD59225U-HNI PTZ

Did anyone try it yet?

Is it safe to install? And if so, which version should i use? In my country PAL is the standard, however the PTZ came with NTSC firmware installed. I prefer PAL. Can i run the PAL version of this newer firmware or will that brick my camera? Is there waranty from @EMPIRETECANDY if the firmware update bricks the camera?

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There seems to be a new 2017 firmware release. My camera is a SD59225U-HNI PTZ

Did anyone try it yet?

Is it safe to install? And if so, which version should i use? In my country PAL is the standard, however the PTZ came with NTSC firmware installed. I prefer PAL. Can i run the PAL version of this newer firmware or will that brick my camera? Is there waranty from @EMPIRETECANDY if the firmware update bricks the camera?
I just installed it and it finally lets SmartPSS 2.0 have access to the setup configuration. I also had the PAL version and installed the NTSC version, no problems yet.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just installed it and it finally lets SmartPSS 2.0 have access to the setup configuration. I also had the PAL version and installed the NTSC version, no problems yet.
Yes, i upgraded also just now, but the other way round: from NTSC to PAL. No problems yet. Will keep the group updated.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Running into some issues now with the new firmware. The PTZ doesn't zoom in while in autotracking mode. No setting to change that ;-((((((((

When the PTZ starts tracking it doesn't go beyond 2x zoom. Mostly it even stays on 1x zoom (so no zoom). I wonder what this might be.

Also some settings have vanished, like Global IVS setup (never understood what it was for anyways) and the Tracking limits.

Last edited:

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you flash the "general" firmware, you have to TFTP back to the Dahua firmware, just FYI for anyone experimenting...I discovered this the hard way :)

hamid

n3wb
Reaction score
hi
i have 16ch analog dahua dvr,I used unmatch firmware and now the device is broke down.does any one have source firmware of flash ic?or something else? i have access to rs232 & i have got programmer & even i can program the flash ic.
the model lable is damaged so i send the motherboard picture.
in addition, i am professional technician in dvr repairing.
thanks.

attarian74@gmail.com
+989358155541 whatsapp

Attachments

Reaction score
hi
i have 16ch analog dahua dvr,I used unmatch firmware and now the device is broke down.does any one have source firmware of flash ic?or something else? i have access to rs232 & i have got programmer & even i can program the flash ic.
the model lable is damaged so i send the motherboard picture.
in addition, i am professional technician in dvr repairing.
thanks.

attarian74@gmail.com
+989358155541 whatsapp

you can get Flash bin file or img file to upload from the NCOM or secure CRT

rowa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Ubaid-Dahua , I tried to get new firmware on my sd22204T-GN because of the reboot like in other cams: DH-SD29204T-GN rebooting

The solutions they give don't work for me and I read that the solution is to update the firmware...

I found: DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.600.0000.0.R.20170601.bin and 22204-29204-DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.600.0000.0.R.20170601.bin

Both files give an error: see attachment.
Can you help?

Attachments

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, usually if you get this error you need to reset camera to default then try it again with browser or config tool .. i am sending you the full package of firmware again with flash files also if you know how to upgrade from serial port. i hope this work for you !!

Please download from DH_SD-Mao-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_IVS_V2.600.0000.0.R.20170601.zip
Hi @Ubaid-Dahua. When Dahua release new offical firmware to NVR5208/5216/5232-8P-4KS2? I have some beta 2017 version from Andy.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
where can i find the latest firmware for SD59230U-HNI? PAL European version