Firmware for newer dahua cams as well as detailed specs available here

spring2017

n3wb
Reaction score
only for devices that it was originally optional on and they didnt get it; it requires hardware support for the video analytics and those cameras have the hardware but it was disabled in software; the 4300 Series predates IVS cameras and does not have the hardware to handle the loads.

im running the latest firmware on my 4300 series (because im skilled enough to recover if it fails), no IVS and it really didnt change much
I
I have a hdbw4431r-zs from China , and during the upgrading , it failed , could you have a solution for recorver. remote guide is better. tks.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have some instructions on FTP recovery linked in the post in my signature. I hope this helps.

Mark

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 purchased from Andy(China), and it seems like, the IR lights failed, after just a couple of days, since I have got it.
I was thinking about, trying a firmware upgrade, but I can't seem to find one.
Any help would be appreciated.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 purchased from Andy(China), and it seems like, the IR lights failed, after just a couple of days, since I have got it.
I was thinking about, trying a firmware upgrade, but I can't seem to find one.
Any help would be appreciated.
Contact Andy; I am sure he will replace the unit if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
He recommended, to try a firmware update, but there is none available for this camera.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I foolishly updated my IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 to the latest firmware on the Dahua site V2.460.0000.7.R.2017030 without reseting to defaults. It is working for the most part, except there's an old user account that doesn't appear to delete properly. The account doesn't appear on the cam webui, but from Blue Iris I can still access it using this old account. I have some other cams I haven't 'updated' (actually downgraded) and they have a separate "ONVIF user" tab. The dahua .7 version does not. I think there must be an onvif user still in there from when I played with it while it still had the factory firmware. When if the admin password is changed, access through onvif is limited (no zoom in BI) and the onvif access results in a 'brute force lock' of the cam webui. When I use the cam webui to change the password back to the old one everything works.

This one, and the other cams I got from Empiretec all came with a similar firmware V2.460.0000.14..... can anyone get a hold of a binary for this firmware? Andy, would you be able to post or email me a binary of the latest firmware you guys are flashing on the IPC-HFW5231E-Z5?

Thanks,
Kev

Last edited:

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am following this up to say Andy from Empiretec@aliexpress gave me excellent customer support through private massage on these forums. Within a few hours of my reaching out to him, I have my camera upgraded to the latest firmware. Now all the accounts are sorted, and everything works good! The neat part is after re-upgrading from 0.7 to 0.14, the camera kept the "Dahua" logo the webpage. Before downgrading to 0.7, it had more generic looking "IPCam" logos. :D

On a side note and perhaps OT...
I noticed, besides the more flexible user accounts in the new firmware, that the new firmware (0.14) behaves differently with respect to ptz functions in blue iris. The 'official' older firmware (0.7) works with the blue iris "Dahua HFW..." ptz setting, and zoom works as you'd expect; starts when you hold the button, stops when you let go. The newer firmware works with the "Amcrest/Dahua" setting but it zooms all the way in and out when you hit the buttons, there is no in between. So the zoom in Blue Iris works better with the older firmware on the Dahua site if you are interested in operating zoom with blue iris. I'm interested in finding the custom xml commands to put in BI to regain control of the zoom. If I bugger it in BI I don't want to have to login to the cam to fix zoom.

Kev

Last edited:

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the date of the firmware he sent you?

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Software Version2.460.0000.14.R, Build Date: 2017-07-20
WEB Version3.2.1.474688
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.3.1.458331)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I have my facts straight, this is the version I have seen mentioned that has been installed on cameras shipped from Andy recently, but is not available on Dahua's website.

Andy has stated that he tests every camera before shipping so maybe he is the only source for this firmware?

Mark

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All my cams (5231rp-z, 5231ep-z5, and 4321fp-as) shipped with that firmware. I experimented with the firmware from the Dahua website, and didn't like it. So I reverted back using the firmware Andy gave me.

Kev

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it we can't get this firmware from Dahua or at least posted to this forum, as @nayr did with the "2017-03-06" firmware?

Perhaps it is too risky, but I don't know why that would be.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd link it but Andy said Dahua doesn't want it posted online. Not sure why, but I reapect that. It is easy enough to get it as I did if needed.

Kev

Ros

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Looks like the latest NVR and IPC firmware updates have completely removed the basic authentication. Do you know if it is possible to go back to the old firmware? Is there somewhere a repository of old firmware? Unfortunately my smarthome setup works only with basic authentication and does not support digest authentication.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks - I know i'm coming to the party late here but I've got 2 dahua NVRs and they both got hacked and I can't get them configured since. I'm sure there is a thread already covering this but i need some help getting things up again.

Thanks in advance!

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that your nvrs were hacked. You may get a better response if you post this in the nvr forums; this thread is in the camera forum.

Also, I highly recommend you read through the 'vpn primer for newbs' thread written by nayr. In today's world forwarding ports is just too risky. Many folks including myself run an open vpn server on our routers to access cameras (and any other network device) safely from outside the lan. If you setup a vpn and turn off upnp and port forwards, your nvrs will be pretty much impenetrable.

Kev

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Folks - I know i'm coming to the party late here but I've got 2 dahua NVRs and they both got hacked and I can't get them configured since. I'm sure there is a thread already covering this but i need some help getting things up again.

Thanks in advance!
You have to go to the nvr using monitor, factory default it, upgrade the firmware reset the ip and configure. That should get you back up and running.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mrmike

n3wb
Reaction score
There's a DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000000.16.R.20170904 available on the dahua site now.

Haven't tested it yet, but I hope to later this week.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting, curious to hear what you think about the new firmware.

Kev

Bernie199

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000000.16.R.20170904 firmware on a Z12 yet I have one of Andys with no logo I didn't know whether to try it