GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

bike_rider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Rather than send email out through a gmail account, why don't you use an email account from your ISP?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's currently no complete solution that works for everybody's NVR. If I had to read the whole thread you do too. :) The SendGrid solution worked for me. Have fun.

WOW long thread. I am looking for an end summary if this did come to a conclusion. I have this same problem. MY 5 cameras stopped emailing. Been using gmail. If there is a post that does point to the solution that would be great. I made it to page 12 and now I just want someone to say click this link.

I have these. And I set up email right on the camera.
DS-2CD2132F-I-2.8MM

rockycmt

n3wb
Reaction score
Rather than send email out through a gmail account, why don't you use an email account from your ISP?
I will try that. I did see some comments where that worked. I will try my FIOS acct. First i need to see how to get one of their emails. Will report back.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockycmt

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried a verizon ISP email acct
I tried an app specific PW for Gmail

Both did not work for me.

I am not trying to get my NVR to do this. Doing this right from the camera. with v5.3

What else can I try? Anyone else have any success from Camera --> fios --> gmail? I would set up a new email if someone has confirmed success.

bike_rider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried a verizon ISP email acct
I tried an app specific PW for Gmail

Both did not work for me.

I am not trying to get my NVR to do this. Doing this right from the camera. with v5.3

What else can I try? Anyone else have any success from Camera --> fios --> gmail? I would set up a new email if someone has confirmed success.
Should work. If you are using gmail and you have 2 factor turned on, you need an application specific password.

rockycmt

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I set up a SendGrid acct and it worked. So I am back in business. I will continue to try to get Gmail to work. And I tried the APP specific PW and it just fails to connect to test server. I wish there was a log on both sides to see the failure. It would give more clarity of the problem.

Reaction score
Just checked the LTSecurity website and saw an updated firmware for the LTN-8816-p16 [FONT=&quot]NVR3_V3.1.1_160816... not sure when it was posted, but had to have been within the last day or two. Anyway, the upgrade took about 2 minutes and gmail works.

username: Full Email
password: using basic, NOT 2 step app passwords
Server: smtp.gmail.com
port: 587
SSL: Not Checked

[/FONT]

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, there is a new firmware for my LTN8916-P16 too. It must have come out within the last 2 weeks.

When you do an update, do you use the zip file, or unzip it first?
@bike_rider, I honestly never even thought about using my ISP. I have Comcast Business and I assumed it would just be a hassle. Can't hurt to look.

bike_rider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, there is a new firmware for my LTN8916-P16 too. It must have come out within the last 2 weeks.

@bike_rider, I honestly never even thought about using my ISP. I have Comcast Business and I assumed it would just be a hassle. Can't hurt to look.

UNzip the update and apply the file inside.

For my home account, I just use my regular personal account login for Comcast. Works fine.

bike_rider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just checked the LTSecurity website and saw an updated firmware for the LTN-8816-p16 [FONT=&amp]NVR3_V3.1.1_160816... not sure when it was posted, but had to have been within the last day or two. Anyway, the upgrade took about 2 minutes and gmail works.

username: Full Email
password: using basic, NOT 2 step app passwords
Server: smtp.gmail.com
port: 587
SSL: Not Checked

[/FONT]

A quick google for the settings says port 465 and SSL checked should work. TLS is port 587.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en&visit_id=1-636118672799809948-2227956427&rd=1

Reaction score

Unzip, I mount the image to a USB drive and do it from the NVR itself. Didn't have much luck through the web portal.

@bike_rider ..... Other configurations might work based on gmail settings, but this worked first time, so I didn't want to change anything. Received a few VCA emails overnight... confirmed working

***Gmail responds much faster than comcast did. Sending and receiving via Gmail is about 20 second delay, where as comcast was 2-3 minutes. could be faster due to firmware fix, but my guess its the delay going between two different servers. Glad its shorter... NVR + Smartthings + IFTTT = Lights flick on when VCA alerts = Awesome

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Crzywrm623 -- do you get image attachments with your VCA emails? That's been broken too. Not sure if the fault is with camera or NVR though.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After some long research and help from mib, here are the new firmwares for LTS related items with email fix:

NVR3 (LTN88xx series)

http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/latest/NVR3_V3.1.1_160816.zip

NVRK (LTN88xxK series)

http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/latest/NVRK_V3.4.6_160804.zip

NVR5 (LTN89xx Series)

http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/latest/NVR5_V3.3.6_160810.zip

IPC 2 (most 1.3 MP / 3 MP IP cameras, again i would double check your model)

http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/latest/IPC2_V5.3.0_160918.zip

IPC4 (most 2 MP/ 4 MP with WDR and 5 MP without WDR)

http://dl.ltsecurityinc.com/firmware/platinum/latest/IPC4_V5.4.0_160826.zip

Hope this helps, it looks like they are on track to release the email fix for all their equipment.

You can double check the model/firmware at their site on the bottom: http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/downloads)

Reaction score
Crzywrm623 -- do you get image attachments with your VCA emails? That's been broken too. Not sure if the fault is with camera or NVR though.
yes i do. maybe one day they'll actually be decent quality. Cameras send much better quality, but having no luck connected to NVR POE ports

Anyone able to send emails from the cameras itself that are connected to NVR POE ports.

I get "The network gateway is not configured, and this may cause the failure of email sending."

I tried changing the IPv4 Default Gateway on the camera to match the NVR, but it doesn't seem to stick after a camera reboot

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried changing the IPv4 Default Gateway on the camera to match the NVR, but it doesn't seem to stick after a camera reboot
On the Hikvision NVRs PoE channels, using Plug&Play mode the camera default gateway is automatically set to that of the NVR LAN port default gateway, and periodically refreshed.
That setting breaks any ability for the camera to communicate outside the NVR PoE network.
If the channel is set to Manual, and the camera default gateway set to the IP address of the NVR PoE port (by default 192.168.254.1) and Virtual Host is active, and the LAN routing supports it, the camera can communicate with devices on the LAN and internet.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new NVR firmware fixed a couple of things.

- I can use smtp.gmail.com again, though SSL won't work
- I now get image attachments from cameras with VCA events

Unfortunately, the new firmware is not talking to my Huisun PTZ cameras! I cannot get them up, and I can't even talk to them directly through the NVR port mapping (like http://192.168.1.15:65001/).

Anyone else got Huisun PTZs on an LTS NVR with this shiny new firmware?

Reaction score
The new NVR firmware fixed a couple of things.

- I can use smtp.gmail.com again, though SSL won't work
- I now get image attachments from cameras with VCA events

Unfortunately, the new firmware is not talking to my Huisun PTZ cameras! I cannot get them up, and I can't even talk to them directly through the NVR port mapping (like http://192.168.1.15:65001/).

Anyone else got Huisun PTZs on an LTS NVR with this shiny new firmware?
I dont have one of those, but try setting the default password as 12345. Might need to connect via router and external power source to access it. Had an issue with newer firmware hikvision where the default password couldnt be 12345 w/o a password reset via sapd. I doubt this latest firmware fixed the issue. I can't connect any cameras to the NVR via POE ports if the password is not 12345.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I have bigger problems now, the PTZs appear to be hosed. Starting a new thread in Huisun-land. Bummer!