GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

ogoname

n3wb
Reaction score
But you are saying that the test mail option its working? The authentication configuration is the same for the test function and for the motion detection function, in the night im going to make another packet analysis capture, its easy to discard, in my case I didn't see any traffic with the motion detection or exception option, only with the test button, so I deduced its the dvr

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But you are saying that the test mail option its working? The authentication configuration is the same for the test function and for the motion detection function, in the night im going to make another packet analysis capture, its easy to discard, in my case I didn't see any traffic with the motion detection or exception option, only with the test button, so I deduced its the dvr
yes test is working but no motion detection.......watching eng perform like my dvr!!!! COME ON ENG

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

It's strange that this update is not for cameras with 3Mpx. I have somes DS-2CD2632F-IS and are not listed .... It's strange that the 3Mpx is excluded. Do you have same thinks for others cameras with 3 Mpx ?

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone with an R0 model here is the v5.4.0 firmware (ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Product Firmware/Front-ends/01--IPC/R0 platform(2xx2)/Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_v5.4.0 160530/)

I am using a DS-2CD2132F-I

I have upgraded to this firmware v5.4.0. I am using GMAIL and now receiving alerts. Weird thing is even though TLS is now an option in this F/W I was not able to get event emails with TLS port of 587. I was able to generate test emails using TLS and Port 465. Using the following settings I am receiving alert emails now.

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Email Encryption: TLS
STARTTLS: Checked

I am not using 2-Factor authentication and I am not using an application password.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Wendys, thats mean i can update too ? And what is R0 model ?

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Wendys, thats mean i can update too ? And what is R0 model ?
Yes, you said have the DS-2CD2632F-IS. According to the document you can download here 'List of R0,R1,R2,R3,R4.xlsx' which lists out all the models and what category they belong to the DS-2CD2632F-IS falls under R0.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok Thanks a lot . I will try for one camera. Hope is multi-language too (I need French...)

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wendys is f/w compatiable with DS-7204HGHI-SH do you know

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
***WARNING*** F/W v5.4.0
I am using a Micro SDCard for local storage and I am having issues Formatting with v5.4.0 just a warning to others out there. I was not experiencing this issue before.

Last edited by a moderator:

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
Wendys is f/w compatiable with DS-7204HGHI-SH do you know
No, that firmware is for an IP camera not a DVR. It does not look like there is any new firmware for DVR model you mentioned.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried for one camera ... and when I want to connect to my camera, i'm getting only that :
©Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
is there an issue ?

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried for one camera ... and when I want to connect to my camera, i'm getting only that :
is there an issue ?
Did your camera reboot after the F/W update. If not, I would try and reboot it. The web interface can take a minute or two to load depending on your connection but it should work. I have used it with Chrome, Firefox, and IE and it is working. It is an updated UI that actually looks much nicer.

strikecom

n3wb
Reaction score
***WARNING*** F/W v5.4.0
I am using a Micro SDCard for local storage and I am having issues Formatting with v5.4.0 just a warning to others out there. I was not experiencing this issue before.
Try to remove the card and format it with your computer directly. I had a similar issue with my NAS at first. But with a "fresh" device it should work.

highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
Wendys thanks for that I enabled the Two Factor on Yandex , as now test email sent... just waiting to see motion detection as someone said 4mins.....and no email motion detect...

Will try Gmail too see if it works.
I've since found that it ranges anywhere from 2-4 mins. Must just be server latency lag from Russia to Australia... Enable sound under "linkage action" in your nvr, that way you'll know for sure if it's detected motion.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did your camera reboot after the F/W update. If not, I would try and reboot it. The web interface can take a minute or two to load depending on your connection but it should work. I have used it with Chrome, Firefox, and IE and it is working. It is an updated UI that actually looks much nicer.
Hello,

It was written update done but remain blocked on rebooting. How can i try to reboot it ? With supply ?
Because i cannot access it anymore and sadp dont find it ...
Edit : i cannot reach anymore my camera ... Sadp dont find it ... Is there an issue ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Gmail is sending me alerts now, as of about 35mins ago. However, there are no attachments... hope? maybe?