GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't. It's at least not in the "supported cam" list.
Cheers Strikecom, I will give it a bash and update later. Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cheers Strikecom, I will give it a bash and update later. Thanks
The posted firmware is not compatible with your DVR, it's for a camera. Giving it a bash might result in 1) Hopefully just won't let it update or 2) Bricking your DVR.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is hot off the press from hikvision "As of last week, Gmail turn off their SSL security and only go with TLS. This creates an issue with our unit as our unit can only use email that has SSL security. We are still working on this issue at the moment. AOL might work for email as of right now but we haven’t tested it further to guarantee that it will work."

I've got the latest version of firmware on box and units so it makes no difference. Yandex does work for me. Guess we are not crazy but this is ridiculous I nearly wiped my units trying to resolve this. Considering. How much time I killed trying to get the units to work the way I wanted originally this is a mess.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Think will give it a miss then.... was just downloading it too. I dont think it will let me update if it was wrong, but thanks for coming back and no emails is better than a brick!!

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are that desperate then use an e-mail provider that allows SSL or no encryption. There are plenty out there.

- - - Updated - - -
Can you please suggest some free email providers that allow SSL and you know they work with the HIK cameras?

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
You create and use an app-specific password not the e-mail's password. Click the gear settings button, go to "Two-factor authentication - Start using one-time passwords" then you'll find a place to generate "Application passwords" and it'll generate app-specific password for Hikvision's email alerts

This is not working for me. Are you still using smtp.gmail.com as the smtp server and 465 as the port? if not can you let me know exactly what settings you are using for SMTP server, Port, and Email Encryption.

Thanks

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
AOL tested. does not work on test emails or motion.....

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Help with Yandex configurations... Help please

so after creating account I go to
security>start using one time passwords>diasble Two-Factor, and Enable Aplication passwords. > setup application password> application type MAIL > operating sys > other > name it HIKVISION> then post the generated password into the DVR configuration

is the above correct as does not work at all? with my DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH firmware V3.3.2 build 151118

if i need upgrade firmware can anyone put me in correct direction as cant find my DVR anywhere.

Cheers

wendys

n3wb
Reaction score
Help with Yandex configurations... Help please

so after creating account I go to
security>start using one time passwords>diasble Two-Factor, and Enable Aplication passwords. > setup application password> application type MAIL > operating sys > other > name it HIKVISION> then post the generated password into the DVR configuration

is the above correct as does not work at all? with my DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH firmware V3.3.2 build 151118

if i need upgrade firmware can anyone put me in correct direction as cant find my DVR anywhere.

Cheers
I believe you need to enable Two-Factor authentication in order to have the option to generate an application password.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe you need to enable Two-Factor authentication in order to have the option to generate an application password.
Wendys thanks for that I enabled the Two Factor on Yandex , as now test email sent... just waiting to see motion detection as someone said 4mins.....and no email motion detect...

Will try Gmail too see if it works.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ha Ha i disabled Two-Factor redone application password and not even test email worked. So Wendys you were right first time....... But still no motion detection

ogoname

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Had trouble with emails and registering on site !!

Here now... At last

I have a DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH gmail stopped working and yandex was only sending test emails (won't even do that... Yandex Mail
Says sent too many emails ) sent none!

Has anyone got the latest link for software so TLS can be enabled and gmail to work?

Cheers in advance
Hi Mannyk, I have the same DVR model and the same issue with yandex, but in my troubleshooting I upgraded the firmware on last saturday morning, but in the afternoon I saw and applied the yandex fix, I assume the only test email working in my case is because the upgrade I did, I made a good test, I made a packet capture and with the test opcion I saw packets going out through my internet connection, but with the illegal login exception I didn't see anything, the packets are staying in the dvr, so I think its a bug because I did the firmware upgrade.
Did you do a firmware upgrade also?

ogoname

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Had trouble with emails and registering on site !!

Here now... At last

I have a DVR DS-7204HGHI-SH gmail stopped working and yandex was only sending test emails (won't even do that... Yandex Mail
Says sent too many emails ) sent none!

Has anyone got the latest link for software so TLS can be enabled and gmail to work?

Cheers in advance
Hi Mannyk, I have the same DVR model and the same issue with yandex, but in my troubleshooting I upgraded the firmware on last saturday morning, but in the afternoon I saw and applied the yandex fix, I assume the only test email working in my case is because the upgrade I did, I made a good test, I made a packet capture and with the test opcion I saw packets going out through my internet connection, but with the illegal login exception I didn't see anything, the packets are staying in the dvr, so I think its a bug because I did the firmware upgrade.
Did you do a firmware upgrade also?

Also when the test button is working, its the same thing, the dvr sends mails, I think I has nothing to do with yandex!

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi ogoname,

I have not upgrasded or changed any firmware

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hope todays release of the 5.4.0 firmware and my post today is pure coincidence!!!!

Unfortunately the popular EXIR turret 2CD2332 camera is not listed in the (extensive) release notes of this firmware version. If someone can verify compatibility of this firmware 5.4.0 with the camera 2332, that would be helpful.

Now we have to wait for the NVR firmware as well.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope todays release of the 5.4.0 firmware and my post today is pure coincidence!!!!

Unfortunately the popular EXIR turret 2CD2332 camera is not listed in the (extensive) release notes of this firmware version. If someone can verify compatibility of this firmware 5.4.0 with the camera 2332, that would be helpful.

Now we have to wait for the NVR firmware as well.

hopefully firmware for DVR too .......:shame: