Got my Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R-AS 2.8mm

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI, the dahua will also be unauthorized...they will not support or warranty it...they dont region lock it though...but you need a reliable source for new firmware as they dont publish it..
Out of curiosity, are Hiks purchased say from Aliexpress warrantied by Hikvision? I didn't think they were?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you able to take some video and post on YouTube? In dark as well?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are Hiks purchased say from Aliexpress warrantied by Hikvision? I didn't think they were?
No...hikvision will only warranty cams purchased from authorized resellers on their list.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this so quick for us to view @bp2008. I would like to hear from you on what cams you would get now that you have seen the picture quality of the new 4mp dahua versus some of your other 3mp cams (you have 3mp hiks if I recall, yes)? Is it worth the 4mp dahua or 3mp hik at this point since they are priced similar?

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I agree with you, I meant to say I forgot to add that point. and.... Don't take advice from a person who just got 1 HD IP camera in the recent days. ;)
I will know in a few hours how it does at night, can't wait :)

Its not just the warranty..the firmware is not readily available..for me, i dont care, I use third party vms...but it matters to some....
The real difference will be the image quality and until we see more images of the dahua at night, with shots that dont provide anything for the IR to reflect off, it will be hard to tell..its also important to see actual video...stills only tell a small part of the picture...at 90 dollars though these are a great deal, particularly since they offer SD card recording and audio connections....they may turn out to be better at night than the hiks, who knows...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I agree with you, I meant to say I forgot to add that point. and.... Don't take advice from a person who just got 1 HD IP camera ;)
It wont be one camera for long..you WILL become addicted and want to swap out all your cams....

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would have more, but I can't afford them right now.. Cheap yes, but that explains how poor I really am haha
I'm owed almost $10k from a job I did, I believe I will have to sue to get it,... =\

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize. If you want to hide all the connections you do need a junction box. If you dont' mind exposed cables and dongle, then you don't need a junction box.

I agree it does not make much sense to go with Hikvision anymore. Dahua's cameras are comparable quality and size and without any of the Chinese region / bricking drama. That region locked stuff never bothered me much. It remains to be seen though how well Dahua's new 4MP cams compare to Hikvision's two different levels of 4MP cam in low light.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From what I've read, Dahua seems to historically had the advantage with low light in their lower end models vs similarly priced Hiks,but lose out in detail. So should be interesting.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am on the edge of my seat until some night pics are posted...

Sentusing Tapatalk

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could add some, but I would remove them after a few hours, I'm weird about stuff lol
I would do it right now, but I need to adjust the temp position of the camera, because it is showing about 1foot of my house and it's bouncing IR back, plus I have an analog camera who's IR is also on at the moment. So It'd take atleast 30 more mins to adjust the camera by unbolting it and moving it, (as I've already turned it to the left as far as it will go mechanically) 2.8mm

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this so quick for us to view @bp2008. I would like to hear from you on what cams you would get now that you have seen the picture quality of the new 4mp dahua versus some of your other 3mp cams (you have 3mp hiks if I recall, yes)? Is it worth the 4mp dahua or 3mp hik at this point since they are priced similar?
I do have about a dozen 3MP hikvisions. I would not buy another. Not that there is anything wrong with them... the 4MP dahuas just seem like a better deal. I should have a pair of 6mm turrets (4MP dahua) between tuesday and thursday next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to adjust my temp mounted camera and things, grab some night shots earlier, but I got side tracked.
I love the camera, so clear and the dome looks good.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to adjust my temp mounted camera and things, grab some night shots earlier, but I got side tracked.
I love the camera, so clear and the dome looks good.
Is yours mounted outside? If so please post some night shots.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, and btw, I pulled a license plate picture off of it also. But the vehicle was stopped and headed towards the camera.

I'll PM links to the pics, I'm weird about posting stuff.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and btw, I pulled a license plate picture off of it also. But the vehicle was stopped and headed towards the camera.

I'll PM links to the pics, I'm weird about posting stuff.
License plate at night?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I PM'd pics to the few here that were interested, as I'm sure, please don't post them elsewhere, and I will be removing them from the hosting site later. :)

edit: The license plate was much more clear in the gmail attachment, as you can't read it now on this saved image, sadly I've already deleted the original image.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I sent you the links, anybody else who wants to see them, let me know and I'll send them, as I will be deleting the picture links in the next 48 hours. I know, I am weird ;)