Got my Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R-AS 2.8mm

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got mine with Chinese firmware yesterday - Chrome translates most of it to English but I haven't really had chance to play around with it yet.

Have any of you gotten telnet working as currently the port is open but it just connects and the disconnects?

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just ordered two of these cams from wholesalecctvpro on Ebay @ $100 apiece. Has anyone else done business with them...?

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also has anyone bought wall mounts for a dome camera..? I'm looking around on Amazon for one...

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody know which Dahua ip camera with microphone built in will work with Qsee 8816 NVR sold at Costco?

Q-See 16-Channel HD IP NVR with 3TB HDD, 8 4MP Cameras with 100' Night Vision Item #559497

Would love to purchase couple additional cameras and be able to record both audio and video during night time. :eek:nthego:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got mine with Chinese firmware yesterday - Chrome translates most of it to English but I haven't really had chance to play around with it yet.

Have any of you gotten telnet working as currently the port is open but it just connects and the disconnects?
:) If you can't get a Chinese word translated properly send me a pic of it and we'll translate it. ☺

By the way how long did it take to get your order and did you get a 2.8mm or 3.6mm lens with it...?

famx

n3wb
Reaction score

Will it work with Qsee 8816 NVR ?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:) If you can't get a Chinese word translated properly send me a pic of it and we'll translate it. ☺

By the way how long did it take to get your order and did you get a 2.8mm or 3.6mm lens with it...?
That's really appreciated thank-you very much - Chrome does a great job with the translation on here from what I've seen so far :)

I got the 3.6mm version I think - there was a bit of a mix up with the seller on Aliexpress but when sorted it took around 3-4 weeks to arrive to the UK with the free shipping option. The camera is more plastic based than the Hikvisions i've got but I've been happy with the picture quality which is great for the price :)

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's really appreciated thank-you very much - Chrome does a great job with the translation on here from what I've seen so far :)

I got the 3.6mm version I think - there was a bit of a mix up with the seller on Aliexpress but when sorted it took around 3-4 weeks to arrive to the UK with the free shipping option. The camera is more plastic based than the Hikvisions i've got but I've been happy with the picture quality which is great for the price :)
Thanks for that info... :) I ordered two IPC-HDB44121R cams with 3.6mm on Ebay from a chinese seller. I'm in the US so it'll probably take a few weeks. I did notice that some sellers ship the camera with a default lens of 3.6mm unless you tell them 2.8mm or 6mm.

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Q-See 8816 NVR and the Dahua cams I have used with it work fine. The software on the NVR and cams is Dahua.
Have any of yours Dahua cams have built microphone and what is the model number of the camera. Thank you.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have any of yours Dahua cams have built microphone and what is the model number of the camera. Thank you.
No microphones. :( Cams are QCN8026B, IPC HDBW2300R-Z. (2 HDBW4421R ordered)

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
No microphones. :( Cams are QCN8026B, IPC HDBW2300R-Z. (2 HDBW4421R ordered)
Thank you for quick reply. I really need and like to utilize camera with microphone built in that will work with Qsee 8816 NVR....wish someone here can help and advise.

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
You only need to buy one external CCTV mic, give it a 12V and connect to a Dahua xxx-AS model. Done.
Like this one: http://www.ebay.it/itm/HIGH-Gain-Indoor-Outdoor-CCTV-AUDIO-MODULE-MICROPHONE-MIC-/290780985823?var=&hash=item43b3e5b9df:m:msAlYC5jLH9GtE4d8a-5XzA
You can listen but you can't record audio, I spoke already about this issue with Qsee. I was told the only way to record with 8816 NVR would be thru camera with microphone built in. Possibly they had disabled recording on external microphone by making revision in firmware. I wonder if Dahua NVR can record audio from external microphone using audio in port on the back of the unit. :sad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can listen but you can't record audio, I spoke already about this issue with Qsee. I was told the only way to record with 8816 NVR would thru camera with microphone built in. Possibly they had disable external microphone by making revision in firmware. I wonder if Dahua NVR can record audio from external microphone using audio in port on the back of the unit. :sad2:
I'm not saying anyone is wrong here but after speaking with Q-See support on several occasions I've found that's it's "hit or miss" as far as finding someone who is knowledgeable enough about the products. I've been put on hold a few times while the "support person" talks to an engineer and gets a lesson on something technical.

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not saying anyone is wrong here but after speaking with Q-See support on several occasions I've found that's it's "hit or miss" as far as finding someone who is knowledgeable enough about the products. I've been put on hold a few times while the "support person" talks to an engineer and gets a lesson on something technical.
I wonder if anyone here successfully connected external microphone to Qsee 8816 NVR and was able to listen and record audio....would love to be able to do that.

On the other note, how do you deal and feel about loud noise the power supply is making, is there a way to replace and install better possibly fan less power supply.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone here successfully connected external microphone to Qsee 8816 NVR and was able to listen and record audio....would love to be able to do that.

On the other note, how do you deal and feel about loud noise the power supply is making, is there a way to replace and install better possibly fan less power supply.

I have noticed the loudness mentioned on some reviews for the 8816 and another model. Mine is very quiet. In fact I used several different apps to check the noise level and it was always less than 60 decibels. Not sure on the accuracy are but they were all pretty close. I also did notice that when I took the NVR apart to add an HD the case fan was put in upside down and not all the way in it's holder.. Bought this new from Costco.

famx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have noticed the loudness mentioned on some reviews for the 8816 and another model. Mine is very quiet. In fact I used several different apps to check the noise level and it was always less than 60 decibels. Not sure on the accuracy are but they were all pretty close. I also did notice that when I took the NVR apart to add an HD the case fan was put in upside down and not all the way in it's holder.. Bought this new from Costco.
20151024_101511.jpg20151024_101327.jpg

Anywhere close to 60dba and above for 300W power supply is loud in my opinion and should be rectified by Qsee or the product should be marked for industrial / business use. In a server room environment or designated room with good ventilation this might be acceptable but for home personal use is way too loud especially when the unit is in a close proximity and connected with hdmi to the TV entertainment system. I can't imagine how much louder it will get during summer time. Also I noticed the cheap case fan located close to power supply is glued and slightly loose adding some noise to overall loudness of the system.

Do you have same type and model of the power supply? Did you place iPhone on NVR casing or right next to and took dba reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ours is very quiet and you can't hear it when you leave the room. It's quieter than the 2 new Dell desktops in my office. Like I was saying I'm not sure about the accuracy of those phone apps but I didn't know what else to use for a reference except it's quiet.... :)