Help identifying Dahua OEM NVR from Speco N8NXP

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
So must use the pcb pin/connector to flash? Cannot do it via the rs232 port in the back?
Correct. For the first time when still running the stock Speco build. After that you can use the web GUI like normal.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Iirc Saturn series are dahua
is Laview a Hikvision rebrand OEM?
still compatible with dahua?
Hi @iouhxm

Please see:

As Bitslizer noted, the LaView Saturn line is Dahua OEM and should work well enough with the Dahua OEM Speco NVRs ( iirc the Speco NVR deals we've seen are for NVRs without IVS features.. so not all of the features on some LaView Saturn cameras ( IVS ) will communicate with the Speco NVR unless you can update the NVR's firmware to a firmware which supports IVS.. thus this thread here )

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @iouhxm

Please see:

As Bitslizer noted, the LaView Saturn line is Dahua OEM and should work well enough with the Dahua OEM Speco NVRs ( iirc the Speco NVR deals we've seen are for NVRs without IVS features.. so not all of the features on some LaView Saturn cameras ( IVS ) will communicate with the Speco NVR unless you can update the NVR's firmware to a firmware which supports IVS.. thus this thread here )
what do u think about this nvr i found at ebay for pretty cheap price?
is it Hikvision OEM? i could not find much info about it from internet.Screenshot_20200808-141623.jpg

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what do u think about this nvr i found at ebay for pretty cheap price?
is it Hikvision OEM? i could not find much info about it from internet.
Hi @iouhxm

Please, let's keep this thread clean - if you need you can open up another thread on separate questions.

In general, many ipcamtalk members like Blue Iris.

I've got limited knowledge on Hikvision products so you'll want to ask someone who knows those models better.

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought the NXP16 from a post i found on slickdeals for $100 and flashed it to oem dahua firmware without a UART cable. I didn't even see a any ports or holes where i could probe on my board but following advice i saw in this thread about finding out what this box really is by restarting with a usb flash drive, i found this line in the logs "our product Type: NVR44XX_16P_4KS2" So i flashed it with the DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.190102 suggested by sstevetx and flashed it like how i did my Lechange NVR a few months back. My post from that thread is here if you're interested in reading.

Also i'd like to add, when i first got this NVR, my converted lechange camera to IPC-HWF4831E-SE would not work, it doesn't show up and for some reason it kept bricking my camera. Bricking as in, it worked prior, but once i plugged it in to the nvr it wouldn't work again unless i reset it by the button. Not sure if it was caused by nvr or is a issue with my camera. And second, my Amcrest cameras, it would only connect via onvif and i couldn't modify the video/encode settings. But after the firmware flash, i can edit those options now.

Attachments

mcolina1

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought the NXP16 from a post i found on slickdeals for $100 and flashed it to oem dahua firmware without a UART cable. I didn't even see a any ports or holes where i could probe on my board but following advice i saw in this thread about finding out what this box really is by restarting with a usb flash drive, i found this line in the logs "our product Type: NVR44XX_16P_4KS2" So i flashed it with the DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.190102 suggested by sstevetx and flashed it like how i did my Lechange NVR a few months back. My post from that thread is here if you're interested in reading.

Also i'd like to add, when i first got this NVR, my converted lechange camera to IPC-HWF4831E-SE would not work, it doesn't show up and for some reason it kept bricking my camera. Bricking as in, it worked prior, but once i plugged it in to the nvr it wouldn't work again unless i reset it by the button. Not sure if it was caused by nvr or is a issue with my camera. And second, my Amcrest cameras, it would only connect via onvif and i couldn't modify the video/encode settings. But after the firmware flash, i can edit those options now.
One thing I failed to do initially after flashing the NVR was a factory reset. My IVS wouldn’t work until I factory reset the NVR after the firmware update.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Great, so if I can figure this out... basically can be flashed the NVR via TFTP without needing UART? My NVR just got delivered

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In theory yes. Unless for some strange reason you got a slightly different model than what I or others received.
Although I'm ok to tinkering in a CLI environment, I have never used/play with TFTP before, so going to need to read up on the steps

Offt

n3wb
Reaction score

Could you clarify what exactly you did for this NVR - I looked at the other thread and am still at a loss. Some of that seems like it must be specific to the other nvr and some maybe you were explaining a failed attempt in the same message and I can't separate them.
I purchased both the 8 w/ hdd in december and now the 16 w/ no hdd - would like to start with getting the 16 flashed then work on the 8.
Want as strait forward as possible as I have no experience with any of this yet.
thanks.

Levsterr

n3wb
Reaction score
Open Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP in a browser separate tab, because I'll be referring to it here.
custom-x.squashfs.img​
logo-x.squashfs.img​
web-x.squashfs.img​
romfs-x.squashfs.img​
from the bin file to Dahua_TFTPBackup\root (that directory already contains .FLASHING_DONE_STOP_TFTP_NOW).​

• Create ID_YourSerialNumberHere.txt in Dahua_TFTPBackup\root (serial number is found on the box if you are not connected to your NVR). The file will contain 4 lines corresponding to the names of the file you have extracted from the firmware bin file.
  • Connect NVR to your computer as described in Step 1. Option 2 may be easier to use if you do not want to mess up with your router.
  • Open 2 command windows. In the first one launch TFTPServer.bat and in the 2nd - Console.bat
  • Power up you NVR and keep an eye on TFTPServer window. The flash will take a few minutes. You are uploading 4 files, so once you see 4 success lines, kill (Ctrl+C) the command processes. The NVR will reboot.
  • Undo the changes to your computer IP.
Having a monitor connected to your NVR will help.

PS All credits for discovering this procedure go to their respective authors.

Last edited:

zra

n3wb
Reaction score
Open Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP in a browser separate tab, because I'll be referring to it here.
HI, I read through this whole thread multiple times and I read Levsterr's message 10 times before I followed the directions exactly.

It seems to have sort of worked, but the NVR reboots every 1.5 minutes.

Here is the TFTP screen I didn't get 4 successes I did get "success.txt, file not found"

Screenshot 2020-09-30 22.36.48.png

Anyone know what I can do to fix it? It's stuck on the setup wizard and I can't get through it fast enough before it reboots.

Thanks

Levin83

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HI, I read through this whole thread multiple times and I read Levsterr's message 10 times before I followed the directions exactly.

It seems to have sort of worked, but the NVR reboots every 1.5 minutes.

Here is the TFTP screen I didn't get 4 successes I did get "success.txt, file not found"

View attachment 71733

Anyone know what I can do to fix it? It's stuck on the setup wizard and I can't get through it fast enough before it reboots.

Thanks
Put the firmware on a USB flash drive and install it when you see it pop up on your screen. I mentioned this in my Lechange NVR thread and this boot loop happened to about 50% of the people who flashed via TFTP.

zra

n3wb
Reaction score
Put the firmware on a USB flash drive and install it when you see it pop up on your screen. I mentioned this in my Lechange NVR thread and this boot loop happened to about 50% of the people who flashed via TFTP.
Thanks so much for the response, I did manage to fix it, but I was stuck in the setup wizard so it wouldn't offer me the update screen until it was set up.

What I had to do was set a stop watch and get through the setup before it rebooted. It took me a few tries I came up with a quick, password, email address and one letter security answers. Once it was set up I was able to use your USB method and go back and set everything up properly. Now all seems to be working well.

Thanks for your help

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
custom-x.squashfs.img​
logo-x.squashfs.img​
web-x.squashfs.img​
romfs-x.squashfs.img​
from the bin file to Dahua_TFTPBackup\root (that directory already contains .FLASHING_DONE_STOP_TFTP_NOW).​

• Create ID_YourSerialNumberHere.txt in Dahua_TFTPBackup\root (serial number is found on the box if you are not connected to your NVR). The file will contain 4 lines corresponding to the names of the file you have extracted from the firmware bin file.
  • Connect NVR to your computer as described in Step 1. Option 2 may be easier to use if you do not want to mess up with your router.
  • Open 2 command windows. In the first one launch TFTPServer.bat and in the 2nd - Console.bat
  • Power up you NVR and keep an eye on TFTPServer window. The flash will take a few minutes. You are uploading 4 files, so once you see 4 success lines, kill (Ctrl+C) the command processes. The NVR will reboot.
  • Undo the changes to your computer IP.
Having a monitor connected to your NVR will help.

PS All credits for discovering this procedure go to their respective authors.
Many thanks for the write up, finally got off my behind to flash the NVR sucessfully now that the weather is warming up and I can get a ladder up to install my cameras again

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Speco Technologies N16NXP 16-Channel 4K UHD NVR (No HDD) $100 deal .. older discontinued model

iouhxm

n3wb
Reaction score

hi, I was luckly bought the NXP16 from BH video last week.
tried to flash it to DaHua firmware but Dahua_TFTPBackup.zip download link is not working anymore.
do u have it backup or another download link??

Thank you very much.