High FPS displayed within Blue Iris like NVMS/iVMS?

le0pard

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing Blue Iris, but have some questions before I decide to do so.

Summary / Current Problem:
I have been an iSpy user in the past and have had my 11 Foscams configured to take screenshots on movement detection (stored locally). I have the iSpy application being displayed 24/7 on my machine's second monitor and it only uses about 5-10% CPU and ~300mb of RAM. All of these cameras are using wifi and aren't hard-wired, but I am still lucky to see them anywhere above about 5 FPS. However, if I login to the camera using a web browser I can see a real-time (high FPS) view as I would expect.

I would like to add that I now also own 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW IP cameras that are PoE and hard-wired using cat6. I would like to use these cameras in Blue Iris as well and be able to see the same "real time" (high FPS) view that I currently get out of NVMS/iVMS when it is running.

Questions:
My question is whether or not I will see a similar behavior (very low FPS, not real-time viewing) after switching over to Blue Iris?
  • Is it possible to view all of my cameras in Blue Iris (like a video wall) with near real-time frame rates?
Has anyone seen a youtube video that demonstrates this working when multiple cameras are being viewed in Blue Iris?
[h=1][/h]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@le0pard yes, unless you limit it, blue iris will display full frame rates on the live view...the issue you may have is that your pc will not have sufficient power to handle those cameras and BI...make sure to run the cameras in direct to disk mode