Hikvision 5.2.5 & 5.2.8 Full English (INC DAYS OF WEEK) mtd Hack

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post so please bear with me.
I would like to know where to get the file that need to edit and how to save the config/file back to my IP Cam.
I downloaded the Hxd software to be used for editing the config.
My IP is in Chinese Lang version 5.2.5 build 141201

Thank you
If the sticker on your camera is 5.25 the use this firmware, as at present that camera can only use the 5.25 firmware and can't be upgraded either.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdbjxlaukrehh15/AADOSefrwU0D7PRyr5whK4aFa?dl=0

wesverg

n3wb
Reaction score
If the sticker on your camera is 5.25 the use this firmware, as at present that camera can only use the 5.25 firmware and can't be upgraded either.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdbjxlaukrehh15/AADOSefrwU0D7PRyr5whK4aFa?dl=0

Thank you for your reply whoslooking, the sticker on my camera is V5.2.8, I upgrade this to 5.3.0 then suddenly my IPCam didn't work can't detect by SADP
can't ping until I update it with 5.2.5 (chinese lang) which is working at the moment.

I used the firmware - downloaded from your link. my IPC updated successfully I can see it because the IP address was changed to 192.0.0.64. but when I browse it (thru browser) the login page still in Chinese. I think the mtd Hack is applicable? how to get the config file edit it and upload it back to the camera.?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Before you attempt the mtd hack (guide in the sticky section) make sure you read the whole post, is not hard but understanding what do to really helps

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have the 3332-I with 5.2.5 in Chinese (language = 2). At the moment, the camera is working normally but the Chinese language is a show stopper for the NVR. I have FTP & TFTP running ok, copied the mtd5 & mtd6 copied as temp5 & temp6 respectively. However when I issued the the tftp command,

# tftp -p -l temp5 192.168.1.113
-sh: tftp: not found

Seem tftp isn't on the 3332-I ?

Thanx guys,

DL

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have the 3332-I with 5.2.5 in Chinese (language = 2). At the moment, the camera is working normally but the Chinese language is a show stopper for the NVR. I have FTP & TFTP running ok, copied the mtd5 & mtd6 copied as temp5 & temp6 respectively. However when I issued the the tftp command,

# tftp -p -l temp5 192.168.1.113
-sh: tftp: not found

Seem tftp isn't on the 3332-I ?

Thanx guys,

DL
You don't want to move the files that way do it like this.

Mount

cd /mnt/nfs00

To copy the mtd files

cat /dev/mtdblock5 > temp5
cat /dev/mtdblock6 > temp6

Change the flag bytes using HxD editior,*
Then putting them back with the changed block:

cat temp5 > /dev/mtdblock5
cat temp6 > /dev/mtdblock6
Reboot

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cd /mnt/nfs00
But just to correct, in case of confusion (and no insult intended, @whoslooking), that, or similar, mount point is only available if you have added a 'NAS' destination in the storage menu.
The mounted share can be SMB/CIFS (Windows) or NFS (usually a NAS box or Linux).
It does not need to be formatted, but it does need to have 'Success' when the test button is pressed.
And you do need the full telnet or SSH access (ash) and not the 'protect shell' (psh)

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Non taken lol, just trying to keep things on the simple level using SMB/CIF Mount on a PC.

dxpl007

n3wb
Reaction score
Magic happened....thank you to both whoslooking for the instruction and alastairstevenson regarding mounting the NAS; The camera is now language is now English and theNVR is happy with the camera again.

As a background the camera shipped with 5.2.8 multiple lauguages, must have been hacked by the seller so after a factory reset, it went back to Chinese so I decided to flash it with 5.2.5.

Once again, thanx guys

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another winner, Enjoy your English Camera
Just remember do not try to upgrade your camera as this version won't upgrade any higher at present.

bigjezza

n3wb
Reaction score
This is fantastic, I managed to get one 2332 done. However, I'm having issues on another cam. I tried a few times, but its stuck in chinese. And prtHardInfo shows language = 0! I even restored mtd5,6 from my backup, and it still shows 0! I have tried tftp 5.2.5 from the downgrader, same thing. I am at a loss what to try now...

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is fantastic, I managed to get one 2332 done. However, I'm having issues on another cam. I tried a few times, but its stuck in chinese. And prtHardInfo shows language = 0! I even restored mtd5,6 from my backup, and it still shows 0! I have tried tftp 5.2.5 from the downgrader, same thing. I am at a loss what to try now...
well done for camera 1, on camera number 2 what does sticker on the camera say (firmware and Date of manufacture) and is it the same model?

bigjezza

n3wb
Reaction score
Same model, they are both about 2 years old. I don't know what the sticker says, do I need to get my ladder or is there a command I can run to get the date?

bigjezza

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm well I tried again and cat couldn't read mtdblock6 came up with an error so I erased it with mtdutils and restored my backup. Rebooted and reread mtd5,6 reedited using mac and wrote back to the cam. All good! yay.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm well I tried again and cat couldn't read mtdblock6 came up with an error so I erased it with mtdutils and restored my backup. Rebooted and reread mtd5,6 reedited using mac and wrote back to the cam. All good! yay.
Well done, it's great when it all comes together:cool:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the 5.28 was the modified one that was sold at the time, then the issue is faulty firmware, just tftp the 5.2.5 and your good to go.

wesverg

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I was able to copy and update the mtd 5 & 6 based on the instruction on page 1.
after the reboot, the IPCam is not visible to SADP, no more connection.
Can'ping the cam (192.168.0.64) my pc (192.168.0.128)
after I reset the cam, I was able to ping it again on ip address 192.0.0.64, however, I only received a 3 reply then request time-out and destination is unreachable,
is keeps repeating , reply then time-out then unreachable.

ds-2cd2132f-is
firmware on sticker is 5.2.8, upagraded to 5.3.0 then changed to Chinese, downgraded to 5.2.5 to change the mtds.
but ow can't connect to ipcam after changing the mtd.

PLease help.

Thank you

Regards