Hikvision 8mp Bullet

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My scene setting is outdoors. I do not have a 1/25 exposure option in my dropdown. I've avoided attempting to set different day and nite settings as daytime varies around here (New England) from anywhere about 7am->4pm to 4:30am->9:30pm a the winter and summer solstices, respectively, so I'd be in a constant state of adjusting those settings. (although I could write a Linux script to retrieve the sunup and sunset times for each day and then use a curl command to change the times, I suppose, each night at 1am...)

getsunriseset.py:
import ephem
from datetime import datetime
o=ephem.Observer()
o.lat='42.364506'
o.long='-71.038887'
s=ephem.Sun()
s.compute()
print('<ISPMode>')
print(' <mode>schedule</mode>')
print(' <Schedule>')
print(' <scheduleType>day</scheduleType>')
print(' <TimeRange>')
print(' <beginTime>' + str(ephem.localtime(o.next_rising(s))).replace('.', ' ').split()[1] + '</beginTime>')
print(' <endTime>' + str(ephem.localtime(o.next_setting(s))).replace('.', ' ').split()[1] + '</endTime>')
print(' </TimeRange>')
print(' </Schedule>')
print('</ISPMode>')

setsunriseset.sh:
python getsunriseset.py > out
curl -T out http://myadmin:mypass@172.16.100.240/ISAPI/Image/channels/1/ISPMode
rm out

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Tolting Colt Acres, post: 203095, member: 19989"

getsunriseset.py:
import ephem
from datetime import datetime
o=ephem.Observer()
o.lat='42.364506'
o.long='-71.038887'
s=ephem.Sun()
s.compute()
print('<ISPMode>')
print(' <mode>schedule</mode>')
print(' <Schedule>')
print(' <scheduleType>day</scheduleType>')
print(' <TimeRange>')
print(' <beginTime>' + str(ephem.localtime(o.next_rising(s))).replace('.', ' ').split()[1] + '</beginTime>')
print(' <endTime>' + str(ephem.localtime(o.next_setting(s))).replace('.', ' ').split()[1] + '</endTime>')
print(' </TimeRange>')
print(' </Schedule>')
print('</ISPMode>')

setsunriseset.sh:
python getsunriseset.py > out
curl -T out http://myadmin:mypass@172.16.100.240/ISAPI/Image/channels/1/ISPMode
rm out[/QUOTE]

Nice bit of code. Are you a coder by trade?

I set my camera to auto and let it work out when to switch between night and day.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice bit of code. Are you a coder by trade?

I set my camera to auto and let it work out when to switch between night and day.
More or less. For the past 14 years I've worked as the systems manager for a high performance oceanographic modeling computing cluster. Prior to that, 17 years in different systems administration/IT management roles. I do a fair amount of script programming, although most of my coding work is done in ASP.NET of all things.

On my system, if I set the camera to "auto", there are no separate options for day and night settings. Thus, I concluded, perhaps incorrectly, that using an "auto" setting means the camera will operate automatically and ignore whatever it set for "day" and "night", and the only time the individual settings for day and night would be applicable is if you set a specific cut-over time. Probably my own bias, since that's likely what I would "do" if I had programmed it. Any way to know for sure if the camera pays attention to the separate day/night settings when its set to "auto" mode?

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys have had a quick read through this tread the new Hikvision Dark Fighters are great cameras however the 8MP cameras are phenomal to say the least.
Just remember that you would need a good spec'd NVR to handle it adequately.

If you guys need any Hikvision kit feel free to contact me.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the 8MP cameras are phenomal to say the least.
That's very subjective, and arguably rather meaningless.
Much of this forum revolves around specific characteristics, and facts, which help members make choices and fix problems.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Much of this forum revolves around specific characteristics, and facts, which help members make choices and fix problems.
Yes I totally agree however most of the situations we have installed these cameras they have worked great. However sometimes the new dark fighter 3mp does out perform it.

Hope that is more subjective and meaningful.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Very true. This forum is a never-ending source of information and education for myself. Novice folks like myself are blessed to have access to the numerous "professionals" and "experts" on various topics within these forums.

The 8MP may be "phenomal", but it does have some limitations, and folks adopting it may run into some issues, such as what I experienced here: Adding 8mp camera into BI... Camera settings?

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very true. This forum is a never-ending source of information and education for myself. Novice folks like myself are blessed to have access to the numerous "professionals" and "experts" on various topics within these forums.

The 8MP may be "phenomal", but it does have some limitations, and folks adopting it may run into some issues, such as what I experienced here: Adding 8mp camera into BI... Camera settings?
Totally agree however every camera in the world would have some limitations. Will look at your issue later on? Has it been resolved ?

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need a good mix of day and night picture. The 8mp camera struggled at night for me. I'm hoping the 3mp ultra low light will be the mix I'm looking for.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need a good mix of day and night picture. The 8mp camera struggled at night for me. I'm hoping the 3mp ultra low light will be the mix I'm looking for.
Yes one camera that may be of interest in my opinion is the DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5? Its a 3MP dark fighter bullet with up to 50m IR range (thats what they say anyway hahah)

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Totally agree however every camera in the world would have some limitations. Will look at your issue later on? Has it been resolved ?
My issue isn't with the camera, but the NVR software I use, which apparently maxes out around 700mp/sec, which is about where my video cameras are at.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes one camera that may be of interest in my opinion is the DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5? Its a 3MP dark fighter bullet with up to 50m IR range (thats what they say anyway hahah)
This is better than the mini bullet?