Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm looking at a HIK/OEM NVR (Winic AR304/4) and trying to gain access to reset it and re-install.

SADP shows current FW version at 3.3.2 (but as this is from Winic, not sure that correlates to HIK versions?)

from serial number, build date appears to be 2016/01/21, so not terribly old.

Trying to use the reset tool at Hikvision Password Reset Tool
but SADP 3.0.0.2 does not offer the described 'serialcode' or 'securty code' input to enter.
Clicking 'forgot password' in SADP brings up the newer import/export page for contacting hik support...

Tried older SADP 2.2.3 from hik's older versions page, but no luck there either.

Also tried the executable in the uopdate to first post, but get '404 not found' when trying to 'get user list' on http 81),
and it just times out when try httpS/SSL (to port 9010)

Any ideas how to reset this thing? NVR's are new to me as I generally use BI. (cams I have deelt with...)

thanx, Paul.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@pozzello, export the reset file using the new version of SADP. Once exported email it to Winic. They should be able to send you a file back to get it reset.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
thanx ryanodan. wil try that, but my previous attempts at getting any sort of support from Winic have gone completely un-answered, so we'll see...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Fixed! After calling Winic and finding out it's someone else's OEM, I did a little more googling for that model number and found AR304 Series and AR305 Series - Heivision Inc
I simply tftpd updated it using the digacap.dav from that reseller. No special "interrupting the boot porcess to force tfpd" as described in various other posts, it just started up and took the update like a camera would. the tftp trace looked weird (see attached) , but it worked! when i pulled the webUI at 192.0.0.64 in IE, it was waiting for activation. I'm off and running...

Attachments

adline

n3wb
Reaction score
EDITED POST, UPDATED, PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Been a while since I have visited this page. Turned into a "set it and forget it" scenario with my Blue Iris and HIKVISION cams over the last few years. Ordered 6 newer cams as upgrades and add-ons and am working on pulling the rest of my hair out trying to get logged in. any help is appreciated.

- removed the side notes-

Solution: Had to hold the reset button in while applying power, and continued to hold the reset button for about 30 seconds until it reset, Then the SADP tool would show "Inactive" and allow me to set a new password.
DS-2CD2085FWD-I // This worked for me - Thank you SO much!

Stephenh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hik DS-2CD23442WD that is visible on network and on SADP but I’m unable to communicate with it as it will not except any change of password from admin or SADP.

I have another DS-2CD23442WD which is working fine.

Hope someone can help.
I’m not that technical.

Many thanks

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
visible on network and on SADP
What does SADP show for the firmware version?
There are a couple of things you could do to gain access to the camera after changing the password:
If the firmware version shown in SADP is earlier than 5.4.41 you could reset the password with the updated reset tool from this post -
Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Alternatively, if you are curious what the password is, again if the firmware is earlier than 5.4.41 you could extract the configuration file, which can be decrypted and decoded to expose it.

Pull a copy of the configuration file using this URL in your browser, replacing the IP address with that of the camera -
http://192.168.1.18/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
The zip up the file and attach it here for inspection.

Stephenh

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ll get on to that tomorrow, thanks.
All I know ATM is the firmware is OLD.
My biggest problem is what ever I do to try and change the password I get a “failed” warning or this “will be locked” after x amount of attempts on Ip admin.

I also can’t see the reset security box on SADP - all I have is a password box?

Till tomorrow

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, try pulling the configuration file with the URL as shown above. Zip and attach here, I'll check it out tonight.

Stephenh

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to now upgrade firmware to V5.5.5.
When I hit "browse" it just sits there. I have the new firmware sitting on my desktop.
But the camera ip admin doesn’t allow me to get it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That would happen if the webcomponents plugin is not installed or allowed in IE11.
But there may be other causes.
Check out the Batch Configuration Tool on the Hikvision Tools download page.

Stephenh

n3wb
Reaction score
All sorted and updated.
Got brave and even updated my qnap nas's firmware.

Thank you once again for your kind assistance.