Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Azizbek

n3wb
Reaction score
Unable to

Reaction score
could someone who has used the tool for resetting a hikvision dvr try it to see if they closed the loop hone i have spent hours trying to no avail here is my info please any help would be gratly appreciated
DS-7208HGHI-SH
V3.1.15build 170217
DS-7208HGHI-SH0820170519AAWR763175413WCVU
18-68-cb-83-1c-20
V5.0, build 160202
2018-03-11 22:14:21
2604:2d80:400e:96a8:1a68:cbff:fe83:1c20
fe80::725a:9eff:fe0f:20d0
Yes
No
Yes
ON
N/A
N/A

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a chinese 2032 cam. Somehow could not login anymore. Got the "wait" for "20 seconds". Realized my ivms4200 PCNVR was trying incorrect password or at least one the camera no longer wanted to accept. Deleted camera configuration in software.

Reset tool worked beautifully although I did have to enter the default password that presumably came with camera, "12345" once I got password was recovered successfully.
Thanks!!!

Gonewild

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have ever locked yourself out of a Hikvision camera or NVR by forgetting the admin password, and had to beg Hikvision or anyone else for an unlock code, you will appreciate this. I present a small tool that lets you generate your own unlock codes which can be entered into SADP to reset the admin password on any of your Hikvision cameras. This tool is written in HTML/CSS/JavaScript so it runs in any modern web browser and you can view the complete source code easily.

///////////////////////////////////////
Update (September 13, 2017)

It is now possible to reset passwords on some cameras that won't work with the reset code tool, by exploiting a backdoor that was recently made public.

I've built a tool for that. It only works with cameras (not NVRs. If you need to reset an NVR, try the tool further below):

GitHub - bp2008/HikPasswordHelper: A tool which exploits a backdoor in Hikvision camera firmwares circa 2014-2016 to help the owner change a forgotten password.

///////////////////////////////////////

Disclaimer: This tool may or may not work for your camera or NVR. Please follow the instructions very carefully and be precise in all your inputs into the tool. Devices on newer firmware require a more secure password reset procedure which I can not help with. I think this tool will only work with cameras running firmware older than 5.3.0. I do not know what version is the cutoff for NVRs.

Some Hikvision devices (perhaps only NVRs) show their model number appended to the beginning of their serial numbers. You may need to remove this from the serial number that you enter into the tool. For example, if the serial number shows as DS-7208HVI-ST0123456789AAWR987654321WCVU and the device's model number is DS-7208HVI-ST, then the true serial number is 0123456789AAWR987654321WCVU

Without further ado, here is a link so you can use it without downloading anything: Hikvision Password Reset Tool

Inside this spoiler block is the complete source code which you can write to a .html file on your computer, allowing you to use it offline.
HTML:
<html>
<head>
    <title>Hikvision Password Reset</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function padLeft(str, l, c) { str = str + ""; return Array(l - str.length + 1).join(c || " ") + str }
        function initialize()
        {
            document.getElementById("year").value = new Date().getYear() + 1900;
            document.getElementById("month").value = padLeft(new Date().getMonth() + 1, 2, '0');
            document.getElementById("day").value = padLeft(new Date().getDate(), 2, '0');

document.getElementById("serialNumber").onchange = GenerateSerialCode;
            document.getElementById("year").onchange = GenerateSerialCode;
            document.getElementById("month").onchange = GenerateSerialCode;
            document.getElementById("day").onchange = GenerateSerialCode;
        }
        function GenerateSerialCode()
        {
            var serialNumber = document.getElementById("serialNumber").value;
            var year = document.getElementById("year").value;
            var month = document.getElementById("month").value;
            var day = document.getElementById("day").value;
            var plainText = serialNumber + year + month + day;

var magicNumber = 0;
            for (var i = 0; i < plainText.length; i++)
                magicNumber += (plainText.charCodeAt(i) * (i + 1)) ^ (i + 1);

magicNumber *= 1751873395;
            magicNumber = magicNumber >>> 0; // convert to 32 bit integer

var magicWord = magicNumber + "";
            var serialCode = "";
            for (var i = 0; i < magicWord.length; i++)
            {
                var c = magicWord.charCodeAt(i);
                if (c < 51)
                    serialCode += String.fromCharCode(c + 33);
                else if (c < 53)
                    serialCode += String.fromCharCode(c + 62);
                else if (c < 55)
                    serialCode += String.fromCharCode(c + 47);
                else if (c < 57)
                    serialCode += String.fromCharCode(c + 66);
                else
                    serialCode += String.fromCharCode(c);
            }

document.getElementById("output").innerHTML = serialCode;
        }
        window.onload = initialize;
    </script>
    <style type="text/css">
        body
        {
            width: 450px;
        }
        .description
        {
            margin: 20px 0px;
        }
        .label
        {
            margin: 10px 0px;
        }
        .input
        {
            margin-bottom: 10px;
        }
        #output
        {
            font-weight: bold;
            border: 1px solid black;
            padding: 10px;
            font-size: 2em;
            max-width: 100%;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <div><h2>Hikvision Camera Password Reset Utility</h2></div>
    <div class="description">This tool will generate a <b>password reset code</b> which you may use to reset a forgotten admin password for a Hikvision camera.</div>
    <div class="label">Enter your camera's complete CASE SENSITIVE serial number, as seen in the <a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=Hikvision%20SADP">Hikvision SADP</a> tool:</div>
    <div class="input"><input type="text" id="serialNumber" style="width: 100%" placeholder="Hikvision Camera Serial Number" /></div>
    <div class="label"><b>Important:</b> The date you enter below much match with the camera's clock. <b>Most likely it is not today's date!</b> To find out what date your camera thinks it is, power cycle your camera, give it time to boot up, and then refresh your camera list in SADP and check the Start Time column.</div>
    <div class="label">Enter the <b>4 digit</b> year the camera thinks it is:</div>
    <div class="input"><input type="text" id="year" style="width: 20%" /></div>
    <div class="label">Enter the <b>2 digit</b> month the camera thinks it is:</div>
    <div class="input"><input type="text" id="month" style="width: 20%" /></div>
    <div class="label">Enter the <b>2 digit</b> day the camera thinks it is:</div>
    <div class="input"><input type="text" id="day" style="width: 20%" /></div>
    <div class="label">Your <b>password reset code</b> will appear below.</div>
    <div id="output"></div>
    <div class="label">The code must be entered into the <a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=Hikvision%20SADP">Hikvision SADP</a> tool in the <b>Serial code</b> box (called <b>Security Code</b> in later SADP versions). The camera will compare its internal date and time with the date and time you have entered above. The Serial Number and date much match perfectly or else the code will not work.</div>
</body>
</html>
Some will say it is irresponsible to publish this. I disagree. Evidently a number of people outside of Hikvision have possessed the ability to generate these codes for a while now. I found this (similar) functionality freely available for download elsewhere, so I really don't feel bad about releasing this and making it a bit easier to recover your cameras.
Hi this is not working on a camera I got from lightinthebox web site. the camera thinks it is 1970 01 01 but generated code does not work. firmware is 5.4.5

Gonewild

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi this is not working on a camera I got from lightinthebox web site. the camera thinks it is 1970 01 01 but generated code does not work. firmware is 5.4.5
Hi I got in using the ONVIF Device Manager, somehow it went in the back door port 554. and let me change password weird.

Gonewild

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I got in using the ONVIF Device Manager, somehow it went in the back door port 554. and let me change password weird.
I got in but face detection to works I have it working on a USA version Hikvision smart ip camera. Is it because it maybe or is a gray market the camera is a ds-2155fwd-i. Any help

Tose

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guy's, I have this NVR I am trying to unlock. Have tried the reset code but just isn't working. Could someone kindly assist.

Attachments

gulsoomro

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear friends
I have Hikvision DS-2CD1001 IP Cameras 15 no
All have software version V5.4.5 build 170208
I have failed to reset them
please help me to solve my problem

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Same for V5.4.5 build 170124. Which I understand isn't supported by the tool.

Does Hikvision no longer do the resets via their reset request page?

Is there a hardware reset button inside for the DS-2CD2342WD-I?

*** Edit to later add since it might help someone:

Hikvision did provide a reset code in my case as a "one-time exception since you didn't purchase from an authorized distributor blah blah blah...." So that may be worth a try in some cases.

I'd already gotten around it by over-writing the firmware. These later cameras with firmware v5.4.x do attempt connection to a tftp server on boot so that's still a not too difficult way to reset.

Last edited:

Omar Ruiz

n3wb
Reaction score
please Help........
DS-2CD2712F-IS20150105CCWR497534707
v5.4.5 build 170123
2018-05-10 11:48:29

It doesn't work app in my version build.....
help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
Power down the camera.
Remove the dome.
Press and hold the reset button - near the SD card holder (if it has one) at the edge of the board.
Power on the camera and keep the button pressed for 20 seconds.
Release the button and power cycle the camera.

SADP should then show the camera as 'Inactive' where you create your own strong password to Activate it.

Omar Ruiz

n3wb
Reaction score
GRACIASSSSSS SIIIII POR FINNNNNN QUE FELICIDAD....
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.......

tonie

n3wb
Reaction score
Can't seem to get it to work. What am I doing wrong? I have tried both ports: 8000 and 80 to no avail.
They are all showing Active but it's showing only one video.

Last edited: