Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a lot to add here, except that it's for the camera HIKVISION DS-2CD2132F-I - 594507215
And hopefully matches what the NVR is using.

itsame

n3wb
Reaction score
For camera HIKVISION DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 - 661976336
the password for admin is
Camera123@$

Thank you so much!! you're a life saver!

I have another camera which that password is not working I have tried to dump the config file but windows security window is popping up and asking for the username and password is there anyway to work around it?
Firmware ver. V5.4.42build 171030
DSP Ver.: V5.0, build 150708

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have another camera which that password is not working I have tried to dump the config file but windows security window is popping up and asking for the username and password is there anyway to work around it?
That firmware has had the Hikvision backdoor vulnerability fixed, so the config file extract doesn't work with no credentials.

But if it's really a DS-2CD2032 then you should be able to use the reset button on the back of the case.
Press it, power on the camera, keep it pressed for around 30 seconds and the camera will go 'Inactive' at which point you can use SADP to 'Activate' it with your own strong password.

If the camera is not accessible physically - then you can use the Hikvision tftp updater to apply the same version of firmware as is already installed.
That will reset the camera to defaults.

Firmware here :

itsame

n3wb
Reaction score
That firmware has had the Hikvision backdoor vulnerability fixed, so the config file extract doesn't work with no credentials.

But if it's really a DS-2CD2032 then you should be able to use the reset button on the back of the case.
Press it, power on the camera, keep it pressed for around 30 seconds and the camera will go 'Inactive' at which point you can use SADP to 'Activate' it with your own strong password.

If the camera is not accessible physically - then you can use the Hikvision tftp updater to apply the same version of firmware as is already installed.
That will reset the camera to defaults.

Firmware here :
Ok, again thank you so much for the help!

In the near future, when we are ready to refresh our old camera specially the one with vulnerability which make and model would you guys recommend? I like the price point of Reolink but I'm not sure if security wise they try to keep up.

Ixxuss78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @ all

I forgot the admin password. Can anyone pls help? I´ve tried all the links and programs. I contact the offical support... :(. No success at all.
I have an DS-H104Q DVR. I only have the user password, but i need the admin password to make any changes in the configuration.

Thank you.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you able to export the configuration file? Or use SADP to get the version of the DVR firmware?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ixxuss78

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you able to export the configuration file? Or use SADP to get the version of the DVR firmware?

No i´ve tried but i have no permission to save the file when i logged in as user.
I can create an password reset file with the SADP Tool - which is need for offical support.

I guess software version is V3.4.82build 180201.

ISpyOnU

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reset tool, I can't seem to get it to work though.

I have four of the following cameras, a mate salvaged them when demoing a business. They are a bit big and fugly to put on the house, but maybe someone else can get use out of them......

Possibly TLDR all of the posts in this thread, but I have tried all that I can.

Here is a screen shot of the Camera Model, Serial Number, Build version, Date and Time

On the back of the camera the Serial Number is only the last 9 numbers of the serial number as shown in the photo ending in XXXXX4223.

I have tried entering the following into the password reset tool:

• The long serial number, everything after the hyphen/dash, I even exported the file, then opened the CSV file and copied the serial number to make sure I was not making any mistakes typing it in.
  • The last 9 numbers (also the serial number on the camera itself)
  • The model number and the serial number as one long string

I have also tried swapping the MONTH and DATE around to no avail, I have tried several camera restarts which generates a new start date. I am reading it as YYYY-MM-DD.

I then enter into the SADP Tool with said camera selected:
Click FORGET PASSWORD > At STEP 2 > I copy and paste the generated key > I enter the following password and click confirm - @Dmin123

When I click confirm I get the following error:

Failed to reset password. Other: 2020

I even dismantled one of the cameras to see if it had a reset button, which they don't!!!!

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think that is a patched version of firmware. Suggest the tftp method with an older firmware

ISpyOnU

n3wb
Reaction score
I think that is a patched version of firmware. Suggest the tftp method with an older firmware

Thanks, that worked, flashed the oldest firmware I could find for IP camera model, rebooted and checked in the SAPD tool, firmware changed and was asking for a new password.

cheers

samengr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have IPC-T120 Hikvision IR Network camera.
I have downloaded the latest SADP tool v-3.1.0.8. SADP tool showing start date as 1970-01-01. I generated the code by entering Sr. no. without IPC-T120 and date but I don't find Serial code box in SADP tool. can anyone help me resetting this camera password?
Thanks

samengr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, that worked, flashed the oldest firmware I could find for IP camera model, rebooted and checked in the SAPD tool, firmware changed and was asking for a new password.

cheers
From where did you downloaded the firmware file?