Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

rudy1989

n3wb
Reaction score
I'ts not working. my deice it's ipc. serial no. DS-2CD1041-I20181218BBWRC77479003

Help me.

Attachments

xenocid01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I ran out of ideas. Got a DS-7104HQHI-K1 V3.5.37and can't remember the password.
I tried with master password generator, no luck. I also tried replacing firmware but can't connect using tftp. Also can't get the config file, says "not connected to internet...blah..blah"
Mailed hikvision...nothing untill now. Anymore ideas? Thanks

hvaly3ro

n3wb
Reaction score
buna ziua,ma poate ajuta si pe mine cineva sa resetez parola pentru un dvr hikvision model DS-7216HVI-ST/S vreau sa precizez ca nu ma pricep deloc eventual daca ma poate ajuta cineva contra cost multumesc.

Reaction score
Is this possible with DS-7208HQI-K20820180821CCWRC44711516WCVU?

V3.5.37 build 180801

serialfull.pngserialclipped.png
I'm not really experienced with this stuff, I must be doing something wrong or entering something incorrectly. I checked the start date.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@lordbarsdale

The reset code you are generating with that tool is only usable on really old cameras with old firmware. Your firmware was built in 2018 which is too new for any of the reset methods I know.

Some people have come along on this forum claiming to be able to reset the newer cameras (for $$) ... but obviously since they were taking money for their service they would not share how they are doing it.

Reaction score
I managed to do it with official customer support. They were helpful even though I admitted the DVR was abandoned in an business place and I had no previous records on it.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@lordbarsdale

The reset code you are generating with that tool is only usable on really old cameras with old firmware. Your firmware was built in 2018 which is too new for any of the reset methods I know.

I wouldn’t say “really old”... I used the tool to reset the password on a NVR running 3.4.3 2017 build

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There are two tools. One generates reset codes based on your device serial number, and the other exploits a backdoor in the cameras that grants admin access (which the tool uses to reset the admin password). Which one worked on your NVR?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used the tool that generated a code based on serial number and time

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like a DVR with analogue HD/TVI cameras. The reset tool should work.

@hvaly3ro
Utilizati instrumentul SADP si obtineti numarul de serie complet. Utilizati data si ora care sunt afisate pe monitorul DVR, iar acest lucru va va oferi codul de resetare.
Daca vrei, pot incerca sa te ajut online. Sa-mi dai de veste

Last edited:

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
I had hoped that this tool might help me with my DS 2CD2032-I and 5.25 firmware. I did have access but then didn't change my NVR to use the correct password when trying to add its stream to view. So it became "locked" for twenty minutes, which never seems to end.

I used the tool and ....

recovered password.jpg

it seems to go well.

Then I try and log in to the camera and see this.....

login.jpg

I assume that the password will reset to "12345" but the admin account is still locked.

But I can use the SADP tools and then, after resetting the camera, change the IP back to 192.168.1.106" or what ever I want using the 12345 as the password and the settings will stick. It will NOT allow me to log in the Web GUI or view the camera etc with that admin and 12345 password as it states that it is locked out for 20 minutes. But that never changes regardless of how long it is left.

Any ideas please...?

Thanks

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It will NOT allow me to log in the Web GUI or view the camera etc with that admin and 12345 password as it states that it is locked out for 20 minutes. But that never changes regardless of how long it is left.
A device keeps attempting to log in to the camera with an incorrect password.
Possibly the NVR has the wrong password set?
To confirm it's the NVR, temporarily change the IP address the NVR is using for the camera in Camera Configuration' to an unused address.
Or do you have a phone app that is connecting to the camera?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thought, though less likely for the short timescales you're seeing for the problem :
As the camera has been reset to defaults, UPnP will be enabled, by default.
If it's also enabled on your router, the whole internet will have access to the camera and could be messing with it.
Check if UPnP is enabled on your router, and if so, disable it.

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
A device keeps attempting to log in to the camera with an incorrect password.
Possibly the NVR has the wrong password set?
To confirm it's the NVR, temporarily change the IP address the NVR is using for the camera in Camera Configuration' to an unused address.
Or do you have a phone app that is connecting to the camera?

Yet again, thanks for your help.

You were right with the assumption that the issue was with the NVR. I thought that I had cleared the camera from being added to the "group" within the remote NVR's settings. But as it was still present it was hammering the same IP address and attempting to login.
Not realising that at the time, but perhaps something else was trying to access it, I set the ip to another new setting not used before. After half and hour I could then log in. Checking the NVR I saw the camera still within the group and so removed it.
It is now working fine and as it does there could be value leaving the firmware on this one as it is, at least this wonderful tool can resolve the password issue if needed.

I'll now work through what is needed to change the camera mentioned to you in the "other" thread to accept a firmware update to try and resolve the intermittent "locking up" issue. I doubt that I need the entire procedure that you have noted as it isn't bricked, per se, just need the hacked firmware updated.

Thanks again you were on the mark, as mentioned, with the NVR, same network, still trying to access the camera. Oh and UPnP is now disabled :)

Last edited:

NUNOF

n3wb
Reaction score
good day . I got problem my hik nvr is damage so we replace new hik nvr but the problem we don't know the username and password of the hik camera. we can only see in the ip camera address but no link or connect given. pls help. I will attach xml files of the hik camera