Hikvision - Clearing Passwords and/or Loading Firmware via TTL Serial

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I did try my serial ttl to USB and it wasn’t connecting on putty.
You may have damaged the (fairly delicate) USB to TTL serial interface.
TTL serial operates with signals of 0 to +3.3v
RS232 operates with bipolar signals of +-3v to +-15v, current limited.

Wirepower

n3wb
Reaction score
You may have damaged the (fairly delicate) USB to TTL serial interface.
TTL serial operates with signals of 0 to +3.3v
RS232 operates with bipolar signals of +-3v to +-15v, current limited.
Ok I’ve got it connected with null cable and a USB to serial cable.
When I press ctrl-u to cancel boot operation, pressing U to upgrade doesn’t do anything? Does the tftp server need to be running for this to allow the u for upgrade to work?

Wirepower

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I’ve got it connected with null cable and a USB to serial cable.
When I press ctrl-u to cancel boot operation, pressing U to upgrade doesn’t do anything? Does the tftp server need to be running for this to allow the u for upgrade to work?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you haven't managed to interrupt the bootloader.
Keep Control-U pressed before power on.

By the way - check out the PuTTY 'copy all to clipboard' selection in the top left menu.

Wirepower

n3wb
Reaction score
Es
It looks like you haven't managed to interrupt the bootloader.
Keep Control-U pressed before power on.

By the way - check out the PuTTY 'copy all to clipboard' selection in the top left menu.
thanks got it working.
Now my issue is the nvr is set to up 0.0.0.0 when I check it on SADP and when I enter that as the device ip and my pc computer for the tftp server as 192.0.0.64 and it’s direct wired from pc to nvr it comes up with up error

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks got it working.
Presumably you mean access to the bootloader, to get at the 'Update firmware' menu.

Now my issue is the nvr is set to up 0.0.0.0 when I check it on SADP and when I enter that as the device ip and my pc computer for the tftp server as 192.0.0.64 and it’s direct wired from pc to nvr it comes up with up error
Is this when you are using the 'Firmware update' menu in the bootloader?
SADP would not find it in that mode, so I'm puzzled what you are describing.

The Firmware update bootloader menu allows you to specify both the NVR and tftp server IP addresses arbitrarily.
Just pick what would be normal on your network. The values are not saved.

Best not to connect them directly - just have both the PV and NVR connected to the switch as normal.

Wirepower

n3wb
Reaction score
Presumably you mean access to the bootloader, to get at the 'Update firmware' menu.

Is this when you are using the 'Firmware update' menu in the bootloader?
SADP would not find it in that mode, so I'm puzzled what you are describing.

The Firmware update bootloader menu allows you to specify both the NVR and tftp server IP addresses arbitrarily.
Just pick what would be normal on your network. The values are not saved.

Best not to connect them directly - just have both the PV and NVR connected to the switch as normal.
Yeah from boot loader... suppose that would make sense for SADP not to find it.
Will try connect to it via switch, however how will I find the ip of the nvr So when I do the update and it request for the ip of device(nvr) and tftp server(pc local ip).
Would I need to try find the nvr IP by accessing the switch and looking for it?

Wirepower

n3wb
Reaction score
You don't need to find the IP address of the NVR at the 'Update ...' bootloader prompt.
You are specifying what you want it to be, it's your choice.
Ohhhhhhh ok well then. That makes it easier. I thought I was putting in the ip it was specified. Awesome. Will give it a try and get back on progress. Thank you soo much for your help. :) really appreciate it

Wirepower

n3wb
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh ok well then. That makes it easier. I thought I was putting in the ip it was specified. Awesome. Will give it a try and get back on progress. Thank you soo much for your help. :) really appreciate it
Ok The update is, I’m back online thanks to you Alastair.

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "nguyenh0acctv, bài về: 394409, thành viên: 48624"]
[QUOTE = "alastairstevenson, điểm: 386090, thành viên: 1907"]
Có thể là một trong những máy tính - có, trong đó là có thể. Khi bạn chỉ có thể làm như thế
[/ TR Đăng tin]
Bẻ khóa cách thay đổi nó dk không? tôi mã hóa, thành phần của icloud của dvr hikvison thành công của icloud trên ex: 12345678a thành 12345678B
[/ TR Đăng nhập]
Hay nói, là một tài tài, qua, qua, qua, qua, qua, qua, một, qua, qua, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới
Hay nói, là một tài tài, qua, qua, qua một, qua, qua, qua một tài, qua, qua, khi, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới
Hay nói, là một tài tài, qua, qua, qua một, qua, qua, qua một tài, qua, qua, khi, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới
Hay nói, là một tài tài, qua, qua, qua một, qua, qua, qua một tài, qua, qua, khi, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới , mới, mới, mới, mới, mới, mới
[QUOTE = "nguyenh0acctv, bài đăng: 394409, thành viên: 48624"]
[QUOTE = "alastairstevenson, điểm: 386090, thành viên: 1907"]
Chủ yếu là một trong những máy tính - có, trong đó là có thể. Khi bạn chỉ có thể làm như thế
[/ TR Đăng tin]
Bẻ khóa cách thay đổi nó dk không? tôi mã hóa, thành phần của icloud của dvr hikvison thành công của icloud trên ex: 12345678a thành 12345678B
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
Bạn có thể chỉ giúp cho tôi cách xử lý được không?

kschimol

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear Moped!
I want to thank you so much for this tutorial. Just brilliant! It saved me the trouble to send the unit to the retailer, then to Hikvision, etc. In addition I have learned much more than I would ever without going through your instructions.
All the best!

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On DS-2CD3345-I after I issue upgrade, tftp always gets stuck at 10000/20000 chunks (getting an ARP request when it is stuck)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What size is the digicap.dav ?
If it's the Hikvision tftp updater, the file size is limited to 32MB.
If you are using the 'update' command in the bootloader for a digicap.dav that's over 32MB, you can use this tftp server : Tftpd32: a free firewall friendly dhcp, syslog sntp and tftp server for windows, tftp client
What I observed was tftp will get stuck at soon as the camera sends an ARP request . So I ran a ping in the background and after a few tries I was able to get tftp to complete with Hikvision tftp server.

Last edited:

vagelis24

n3wb
Reaction score
Big thanks to this guide finally i fix dvr dvr ds7208huhif2/n.One think the update start only when i remove ground cable(black) otherwise doesnt start.

Best regards.

ID-VS

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried using the port marked JP3 with a TTL serial adapter and I have tried RS-232 at the back of my NVR - neither of these methods got me any prompt in hyper terminal.

I am using a USB to serial adapter with a male to male RS-232 cable.

I am trying to get access to my NVR because a firmware update scrambled all the users including admin into nothing but a jumbled mess.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using a USB to serial adapter with a male to male RS-232 cable.
You may be needing to use a null modem cable if it's really RS232 as opposed to TTL serial..
If feasible, try swapping pins 2 & 3 on one of the DB9 connectors.