Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS connecting up mic

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most of the microphones available on AE for CCTV are active and require +12vdc. Anyone know if it is possible to tap off the POE in the camera to get a +12vdc supply for active mics?
The PoE feed is 48V, so you'd have to tap off it after it's been stepped down to 12V. What's wrong with a passive microphone?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will save this for later reference. I have a couple mics on my analog cameras, will look to use those on my new setup.

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but thought it usefully to add here too.

I bought a mic for my ds-2cd2132f-is over the front door , and then wrecked the mic trying to split the wires. Then I spotted my pile of old xbox360 headsets. Snapped the mic arm off and wired it in. Works fantastically. I can hear people talking on the street 40 feet away. Added benefit of the arm fits perfectly in the cutout on the rim of the cam, is adjustable, and has a muffler on to reduce wind noise.
Thank you. I just did the same trick, with an old pc headset with defective speakers, I had laying around. Work great.

Br Søren

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please, link to items like this, badmop?

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't realize the XBOX MIC doesn't need power to function, So could you take the MIC and hook it up to an RCA jack to plug into Dahua cameras that have RCA audio input? I have a broken XBOX MIC around here that I would like to test with.

I wish I would have known a long time ago that XBOX MIC didn't need power, it could have saved me from running some 12v lines in places haha :D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't realize the XBOX MIC doesn't need power to function, So could you take the MIC and hook it up to an RCA jack to plug into Dahua cameras that have RCA audio input? I have a broken XBOX MIC around here that I would like to test with.

I wish I would have known a long time ago that XBOX MIC didn't need power, it could have saved me from running some 12v lines in places haha :D
its not that the mic does not need power, its that the hikvision camera can accept signal from a passive mic, i dont believe the dahua can.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all.

I want to add a microphone to my DS-2CD3132F-IWS camera

Bought this kind of microphone:

Could smb tell me what wires should be used and where to connect them? IN | G | OUT | G?
The seller gave me this info:

Red wire ---Power+
Black wire—Power-
S- Black signal
S+ Green signal

Thank you in advance.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guessing it is same spec as one of these

You can run it passively (without power) by looking at the white sockets and identifying which one say audio and connecting the green wire to the +ve side of the audio input and the black lead into the -ve terminal. Without testing this particular mic I don't know if it will run passively but simple enough to test.

If the mic won't work passively you will need to supply between 6-14V DC to the red +ve and black -ve. Note that the black cable will need to connected to power and audio input. Handy if you can solder, if not "3M Scotchlok Connectors" are very easy to use.

In the camera configuration under the audio/video tab, select audio and choose either "mic in" (for passive hookup) or "line in" if you power the mic.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guessing it is same spec as one of these

You can run it passively (without power) by looking at the white sockets and identifying which one say audio and connecting the green wire to the +ve side of the audio input and the black lead into the -ve terminal. Without testing this particular mic I don't know if it will run passively but simple enough to test.

If the mic won't work passively you will need to supply between 6-14V DC to the red +ve and black -ve. Note that the black cable will need to connected to power and audio input. Handy if you can solder, if not "3M Scotchlok Connectors" are very easy to use.

In the camera configuration under the audio/video tab, select audio and choose either "mic in" (for passive hookup) or "line in" if you power the mic.
Thank your for trying to help me. But, I really don't understand what you are trying to explain. "+ve side" / "-ve terminal" what is this? Yes, I want to run this mic in passive mode.

Here is the green plug that has 4 connections: IN | G | OUT | G

The microphone has 3 wires: green, black and red

Which wires I have to combine and connect to IN ? What wire should I connect to G ?

Thanks.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AUDIO "IN" is +ve so your green wire.

AUDIO "G" is your black wire.

In setting choose "Mic In"

That mic may or may not work passively but it is an easy test.

Edit: The codec is important too, I usually find that G.711ulaw works well for passive mics on Hikvision. YMMV.

BTW I wouldn't want to walk through airport security with a mic like that. Who knows, it could be some internal detonator device. Very strange design.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, I will test later today and report back.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I've connected the microphone like shown in the image below:

sSHNjju.jpg

And used this config:

YvZrGiu.jpg

But unfortunately I hear no sound. What I'm doing wrong? What is the best way to test the microphone? I tried 2 methods:

1. Recorded video on local computer then played the file with a Media Player.
2. LiveView with QuickTime player

I've tried several encoding methods but no sound.

I would really appreciate any advice, thank you.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
did you reboot the cam after making those config changes?

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would really appreciate any advice, thank you.
It is quite possible that your mic does not work passively.

If you have a 6-14V DC power supply (or just and ordinary 9V battery) you could try and hookup as in my previous post.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is quite possible that your mic does not work passively.

If you have a 6-14V DC power supply (or just and ordinary 9V battery) you could try and hookup as in my previous post.
I understand that, but I will use PoE to power up my cameras so I need a passive microphone. Can someone recommend a working passive microphone that I can order from ebay or aliexpress? Thanks.