Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.

notchy

n3wb
Reaction score
Numbers 2, 8 , 10 are R0 series and should be upgradeable, but number 2 would need a little hacking.
In practice, though, you can never tell for sure with Hikvision until you try it!
Alastairs, How would I go about updating the # 2 which is DS-2CD2532F-IS on V5.3.0build 150513 ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
didn't find any full instructions about enabling SSH\telnet on a chinese language camera or how to copy back the mtdblock6 file to the camera but I muddled through it.
Hey, well done!
Yes, the attachments are a bit wordy, and probably a challenge for those with short attention spans lol!
Without going back and re-reading and embarrassing myself, I'd guess the methods for moving the files around are in the 'How to use a Windows PC to ...' attachment.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How would I go about updating the # 2 which is DS-2CD2532F-IS on V5.3.0build 150513 ?
What I'd do is use the '@whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' to get back to 5.2.5 to safely do the 'enhanced mtd hack'.
There is both an EN and CN header version depending on what language the camera is currently presenting.
And worth a check also is the values in locations 0x0C and 0x8000C of mtdblock1
If they are 0 - change them to 2 to prevent the next firmware from deciding not to play.

chubros

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to understand the correct way to do the job. Is there any step by step guide for newbies? I have many cams other in 5.3.5 and others in 5.3.0. Thanks in advance

Paris

n3wb
Reaction score
A few years ago, these firmware helped reanimate my camera.
Thanks, tried them but none seem to work. The good news is that I revived another cam, so now I am left with 2 cams that for the love of my life don't seem to want to be revived.

Both cameras successfuly load the Brickfix_EN firmware and that's about it. Pingable at 192.0.0.64. Can load the downgrader firmware but never gotten the "Update Success" message, both seem to be stuck after the transmission ends and become non-pingable.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have many cams other in 5.3.5 and others in 5.3.0.
What model of cameras are they? Hard to comment without being sure and making assumptions.
Were they sold as 'upgradable'?
If these are not Chinese cameras, just do the web GUI firmware updates from whichever set of firmware matches the camera models from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Both cameras successfuly load the Brickfix_EN firmware and that's about it.
OK, so that simply sets them up to be able to be downgraded if firmware of 5.4.0 or higher had been attempted and they 'bricked'. It's a one-off change, no need to repeat.
Can load the downgrader firmware but never gotten the "Update Success" message, both seem to be stuck after the transmission ends and become non-pingable.
Presumably not the '4-line' version as that's hit and miss.
Also - did you try both the EN and CN versions of the downgrader? With the brick-fix EN versions it suggests the EN downgrader woukld be the one to use.
And what's the model of these cameras?

*edit*
After the brick-fix tool has been applied, and the camera left, after 10 mins it should reboot into 'min-system' recovery mode with telnet access possible, admin/12345

Paris

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so that simply sets them up to be able to be downgraded if firmware of 5.4.0 or higher had been attempted and they 'bricked'. It's a one-off change, no need to repeat.

Also - did you try both the EN and CN versions of the downgrader? With the brick-fix EN versions it suggests the EN downgrader woukld be the one to use.

*edit*
After the brick-fix tool has been applied, and the camera left, after 10 mins it should reboot into 'min-system' recovery mode with telnet access possible, admin/12345
Correct, not the 4-Line version has been used.
Correct, attempt to load 5.4.4 was done. I mass-messed all 7 cameras at once. 5 of them came back, those 2 seem to have the issue.
Tried both EN and CN
Model DS-2CD2232-I5

I will see about telnet'ing to them after being left on. Will also check another laptop, rebooting them a couple of times, and see how it goes. I currently use one of my old laptops with WindowsXPSP3, as it also comes with the older IE etc. Linked via my unmanaged Cisco PoE switch with the cams.

Paris

n3wb
Reaction score

*edit*
Well. This is weird. Came home and said to my self one last try (camera's were left on the PoE switch since morning, following the successful brick-fix). Unplugged and plugged back, and tftp just went to successfully flash the EN Downgrader firmware on both of them, one after the other. Both came back, already 100% functional and on the DVR.

I really can't understand I must have tried at least 40 times on each cam, and after a day, it finished both within 1 minute each.

upload_2017-10-5_22-20-55.png

upload_2017-10-5_22-21-55.png

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi guys

i think i might have messed up the upgrade on DS-2CD2732F-IS. So i uploaded the new mtdblock6 and did the first upgrade from 3.25 to 3.30.

the camera rebooted and i could also ping but no web access and telnet username/password dont work:

(none) Login:

Any ideas how to recover?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i think i might have messed up the upgrade
Any particular reason (apart from the camera not working) that you think this?
What does SADP show for the status? Check if the firmware version shows as 4.0.8
Does the camera label show if it had 5.2.8 firmware originally?
Do you want to share your mtdblock6 so I can check it out? Privately if you prefer.

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it booted into min-system with firmware 4.0.8.

I cant see camera label as its mounted up.

Will message you the mtdbblock6

thanks for the help

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok great, i will work on it tomorrow from work as got to be in bed now :)

I have emailed you the mtdblock, i think i might have got confused on this part:

Set to the Checksum-16 value as calculated by HxD for the 0xF4 bytes starting from location 0x09

i did start from 0x09 but wasnt really sure where to stop.

Thanks

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I actually sent you the original in error but I will compare with my one and see where I went wrong.

Thanks again

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And I've fixed it up for you - it looked like the original, as it needed the language and the devType and the checksum fixed up.
It will be fine - sleep well.
ok quickly compared the files and it seems i got the checksum wrong. I need to get my head round on how you got that value before working on others :)

chubros

n3wb
Reaction score
What model of cameras are they? Hard to comment without being sure and making assumptions.
Were they sold as 'upgradable'?
If these are not Chinese cameras, just do the web GUI firmware updates from whichever set of firmware matches the camera models from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
DS-2CD2032-i DS-2CD2032F-I DS-2CD2232-i5. All of them chinese. I allready upgrade the firm in the wr ones.