HikVision DS-7208-HQHI-K1 bricked no lan no ttl

acamas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade the dvr model mentioned to the firmware version 4.21 mentioned here, but now I ended up with a dead/bricked one. It does start, the HDD starts, the fan starts, the red led on the main board is on, but no beep and no lan or serial connection shows up.
I tried to use TFTP, by configuring the the computer ip to 192.0.0.128 and starting the TFTP app, but there is no ethernet / lan connection between the DVR and the computer and the TFTP app says 127.0.0.1 initialized.
I also tried to use a USB-Serial adapter, but either I did not know the pin configuration or I can't explain but there was no output in putty when using the serial connection. Can you recommend a good serial to usb adapter ?

Do you have any advice on this issue? Is there anything else I can do, or is it completely bricked?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the computer and the TFTP app says 127.0.0.1 initialized.
Hikvision tftp updater should say '192.0.0.128 initiallised'.
It will work best when both the DVR and the PC are wired to a switch or router.

I also tried to use a USB-Serial adapter,
Is this 'TTL serial' ?
If so, hook up like this :

Can you recommend a good serial to usb adapter ?
A PL2303TA-based USB to serial TTL convertor will work OK.

acamas

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems I am having a hard time solving this. I ordered this PL2303TA from here and a JST cable to connect them.
However, I'm not sure which wires are which.

The most I was able to have was that when runnig putty i was able to type on the keyboard and see what i was typing.
Nothing came up when starting the DVR. There is no lan connection also meaning that no leds are blinking, nothing happens when I change the ip to 192.0.0.128 and if I try to ping to .64 while starting the NVR.

Also, when starting the NVR, the fan turns on and the red led is also on.

Besided this, there is no beep or something else.

Should I try more ? Do you know if there are some schematics of the main board so i can correctly figure out which JST pin is Ground/TX/RX ?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However, I'm not sure which wires are which.
Check this out :

ravvar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade the dvr model mentioned to the firmware version 4.21 mentioned here, but now I ended up with a dead/bricked one. It does start, the HDD starts, the fan starts, the red led on the main board is on, but no beep and no lan or serial connection shows up.
I tried to use TFTP, by configuring the the computer ip to 192.0.0.128 and starting the TFTP app, but there is no ethernet / lan connection between the DVR and the computer and the TFTP app says 127.0.0.1 initialized.
I also tried to use a USB-Serial adapter, but either I did not know the pin configuration or I can't explain but there was no output in putty when using the serial connection. Can you recommend a good serial to usb adapter ?

Do you have any advice on this issue? Is there anything else I can do, or is it completely bricked?

Thanks!
Have you solved the issue? I have exacly the same problem with DS-7208-HQHI-K1 (but it happend without my ingerention, one day nvr just stopped working :/ )... No beep, no lan, no hdmi signal, only red led, fan and hdd starts. No TTL responses.

ahmedmega

n3wb
Reaction score
What are the new codes for the architecture, the new version, to create software via TTL TO USB?

ahmedmega

n3wb
Reaction score
What are the new codes for the architecture, the new version, to create software via TTL TO USB?