HikVision DS-7608NI-E2/8P - some pics and first impressions

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have just successfully upgraded from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1 with no issues so far. Already, I have noticed a couple of differences in the menu layout. Once I upgraded, dynamic analysis for motion was ticked on all channels, so I had to turn that off. Everything else seems fine after 10-20mins of checking.

I installed my 3rd camera this week and soon to hook up a mic and a couple of illuminators. It's all coming together nicely.

Chris

madmikey

n3wb
Reaction score
Cheers, Might give it a go next weekend see what dramas I can create for myself!!!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
@chrstodav - leading the pack! Nerves of steel? Thanks for sharing.
I might try it too if anyone knows if it actually does block a downgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere in the firmware notes that it does block downgrades.

To make it quite clear, my NVR unit was purchased from an Aliexpress seller.
It came shipped in an English retail box with an Australian 240v plug, English instructions and English firmware matching the numbers on the box.
It works with my 3 "Chinese" cameras that were shipped from another Aliexpress seller with modded English firmware out of the box without any drama at all.

I updated the NVR firmware from the main Hikvision download page.

Chris

madmikey

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet, and upgraded to 3.3.1, the upgrade went perfectly, but now I have 2 issues.
I can't access the NVR via the web IP address (using firefox, my preferred browser) but chrome works ok, but the live view/playback plugin (web components) doesn't work, I can access using the iVMS without an issue.

The second issue I now have is the "No Resource" on my monitor. Now I have to set 2 cameras from 3mp back to 1080P, so I have 2 running at 3mp and 2 now running at 1080p. (using 2x2 display) seems to work ok with other screen layouts, but I only have 4 IPC's connected at the moment.

I also notice that the NVR model number has disappeared from the serial number.

This is the Firmware I used: Baseline Firmware_NVR (76/77/86NI-E)_En_V3.3.1_build150422(new)

I must say the web GUI has been refreshed and looks impressive.

I'll keep playing around with it and see what other goodies/short comings I can find.

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet, and upgraded to 3.3.1, the upgrade went perfectly, but now I have 2 issues.
I can't access the NVR via the web IP address (using firefox, my preferred browser) but chrome works ok, but the live view/playback plugin (web components) doesn't work, I can access using the iVMS without an issue.

The second issue I now have is the "No Resource" on my monitor. Now I have to set 2 cameras from 3mp back to 1080P, so I have 2 running at 3mp and 2 now running at 1080p. (using 2x2 display) seems to work ok with other screen layouts, but I only have 4 IPC's connected at the moment.

I also notice that the NVR model number has disappeared from the serial number.

This is the Firmware I used: Baseline Firmware_NVR (76/77/86NI-E)_En_V3.3.1_build150422(new)

I must say the web GUI has been refreshed and looks impressive.

I'll keep playing around with it and see what other goodies/short comings I can find.
I didn't have any of these issues, but I must have a different NVR to you given the firmware that you used?

I have always run in 1080p.
There is an issue with the latest Chrome and web components as talked about on this forum. I now use IE.
You might want to return back to the default factory settings on the NVR and start from scratch like I did. I made sure that I had a record of all the network settings before I went ahead though.

Chris

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
check java - https://www.java.com/verify the login page is java script hungry :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for info:
Type: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi into the address bar inGoogle Chrome
This will no longer work come September 2015 when Google finally remove that type of support for plugin extensions.
Hopefully by that time Hikvision and many others will have updated their extensions to the new security model.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy a Hikvision NVR and 4 x 3mp POE Hikvision cameras using Aliexpress can anyone recommend the best NVR model (I am leaning toward DS-7604NI-E1/4P ) and seller ( I see some people have used E&M Security Center are these the best ? )

Thanks

John

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy a Hikvision NVR and 4 x 3mp POE Hikvision cameras using Aliexpress can anyone recommend the best NVR model (I am leaning toward DS-7604NI-E1/4P ) and seller ( I see some people have used E&M Security Center are these the best ? )

Thanks

John
I'm happy with mine John. I have seen them from other sellers at cheaper prices since, but I am pleased with the purchase. I don't know if E&M are the best, there are others and I bought 2 of cameras elsewhere, but the fact that the NVR was an "English version" apealed to me. Make sure you check the shipping costs regardless which seller you choose.
Go the 8 channel unit as you have the option to add more cameras if you need later. I am up to 3 cams now and ready to add another. :)

Chris

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine John. I have seen them from other sellers at cheaper prices since, but I am pleased with the purchase. I don't know if E&M are the best, there are others and I bought 2 of cameras elsewhere, but the fact that the NVR was an "English version" apealed to me. Make sure you check the shipping costs regardless which seller you choose.
Go the 8 channel unit as you have the option to add more cameras if you need later. I am up to 3 cams now and ready to add another. :)

Chris

Thanks for the advice , I will go for the 8 channel version and use E&M for the cameras as well

John

MrDTS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Suggestions on cheap PTZ cameras that fit into this NVR ? (Hikvision PTZ are too expensive )

Regards
MrDTS

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Planning to buy 6 Hik IP cameras and was looking at getting the DS-7608NI-E2/8P, since this is a 8ch NVR .
It also comes with "8 independent 100Mbps PoE Ethernet interfaces". Is this another way of saying, "It has the equivalent of a 8 port PoE switch" ??

Now, if I wanted the 16ch model, it also comes with "8 independent 100Mbps PoE Ethernet interfaces". Considering that the 16ch can take 16 cameras, but it only has power for 8 cameras, does this mean we have to attach an external 8-port PoE switch ???

MrDTS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

it is possible to connect a camera that is not PoE to DS7608NI-E2/8P ? like a PTZ which have their own Power ?