Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR w/ POE can't detect Hikvision cameras

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
then sorry I'm out of ideas....

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well one more thing you can try, connect the NVR to your external PoE switch and attach all the cams to that.

could rule out a NVR PoE issue.

elk80

n3wb
Reaction score
well one more thing you can try, connect the NVR to your external PoE switch and attach all the cams to that.

could rule out a NVR PoE issue.
I don't have a PoE switch to try that. I have only poe injector 12v dc for 1 port

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have a PoE switch to try that. I have only poe injector 12v dc for 1 port
ok, attach the injector to your main switch see if the NVR sees the cam. it won't appear in the list of 8 port at top, but it should at the bottom for you to manually add the cam.

like in the attached pic, ignore the detecting cams at top this is from yesterday on my mates, when he was having same issues. But look at the bottom you the green extra cam, it his baby monitor cam it found on his network.

Attachments

Last edited:

elk80

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, attach the injector to your main switch see if the NVR sees the cam. it won't appear in the list of 8 port at top, but it should at the bottom for you to manually add the cam.

like in the attached pic, ignore the detecting cams at top this is from yesterday on my mates, when he was having same issues. But look at the bottom you the green extra cam, it his baby monitor cam it found on his network.
I've tried that - NVR could't see the camera connector through poe injector to the router. However when I've connected that camera through wifi to the same wifi- router and provided a power using POE injector, NVR displayed it in the list as active. Please refer to a screenshot. Very similar case to your buddy's case

Attachments

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried that - NVR could't see the camera connector through poe injector to the router. However when I've connected that camera through wifi to the same wifi- router and provided a power using POE injector, NVR displayed it in the list as active. Please refer to a screenshot. Very similar case to your buddy's case
strange situation indeed, no internal firewall rule on you router for LAN that is not on WLAN ?

elk80

n3wb
Reaction score
strange situation indeed, no internal firewall rule on you router for LAN that is not on WLAN ?
No, i've tried 3 different rohters. Besides that it worked for the first time with router#1, but then it didn't neither on router #1, #2, #3.
I've also tried to change camera port from 80(default) to 90 and to 8080

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, i've tried 3 different rohters. Besides that it worked for the first time with router#1, but then it didn't neither on router #1, #2, #3.
I've also tried to change camera port from 80(default) to 90 and to 8080
hmm.....

elk80

n3wb
Reaction score
I had 2 cameras plugged in to first two poe ports and I've SSH-ed to NVR and ran netstat -an
192.168.254.2 and 192.168.254.3 were in that list.
So at least nvr sees that poe devices are connected. But it looks like there are issues with furter data flows

iornman00

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the exact same situation. Hikvision NVR detects camera but that’s it. Can’t get any live view. Did you ever solve this problem?? If so how??

foggysail

n3wb
Reaction score
This is an old post. Still though problems do exist. I purchased a Hikvision HIDS7608NI28 along with a HIDS2DE3304W camera. First setup the camera was found by the NVR and after a couple of minutes it quit. No longer could I read the camera’s data on the SADP tool and of course the NVR was constantly chirping 3 plus 2 quick chirps. So I sent the stuff back and now have replacements.

NVP .....NO CHIRPS! Went through setup to cameras. @#$% does not recognize the camera but the SADP tool does. The green and yellow ethernet lights are flashing indicating I think that the NVR is successfully talking to the camera. Tried different ethernet ports....same results. This is getting to be a BPITA. If I cannot get this stuff to work, it will be returned for a refund!

Would be great to read about successful installations by others

foggysail

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks--- I found a situation similar to "the car will not run, so change the tires!" Weird! I tried just about everything I could think of today to get my camera functioning. Rather than suffer from the details, this came as a COMPLETE SURPRISE to me. I shut everything down and restarted. Next after the dot test, selected the language, network, drives AND CAMERAS. Nothing, ziltch on cameras. I next decided to see anything that the NVR could show and with that I left the WIZARD........yeah, even as the NVR questioned "do you really want to leave the Wizard?" ...or with similar words.

And %^&*$ I did! I essentially said goodbye with full intentions to spend enjoyable minutes away doing anything but trying to get this dog to bark. Back to the surprise! AS SOON AS I LEFT THE WIZARD....WITH NO CAMERA FOUND VIA THE NVR...........(clearly seen with the SADP tool)
I SAW A PICTURE OF ME....NOT AS GOOD LOOKING AS I THOUGHT.... SHOW UP ON MY MONITOR! I don't give a hoot about what the so called Wizard could not find, I have it! The camera does all the PTZ functions.

I have a tomorrow commitment so that is out. Tuesday I hope to install the camera over my garage door and the next hurdle is going to be trying to get my system working online and finishing my setup. After that, at least 3 additional cameras.