Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

samro94

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought the doorbell a while back but it sat in the box for a few months. Finally got around to having a play this week.
Our house has three floors and we currently have a cheapo wireless doorbell off of eBay which works really well. I wanted to integrate the hikvision doorbell with the current wireless one.
The picture below is the setup of a working hikvision doorbell with integration via a relay to a cheapo wireless doorbell.
The relay was from cpc for use with alarms. I'll post a link soon for it.
The power supply is the one recommended earlier in this thread.
The doorbell you should be able to see the box with model No. in the pic. This was from screwfix.

I've since installed this all in the house and works a treat!

20180825_105056.jpg

Shyam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought the doorbell a while back but it sat in the box for a few months. Finally got around to having a play this week.
Our house has three floors and we currently have a cheapo wireless doorbell off of eBay which works really well. I wanted to integrate the hikvision doorbell with the current wireless one.
The picture below is the setup of a working hikvision doorbell with integration via a relay to a cheapo wireless doorbell.
The relay was from cpc for use with alarms. I'll post a link soon for it.
The power supply is the one recommended earlier in this thread.
The doorbell you should be able to see the box with model No. in the pic. This was from screwfix.

I've since installed this all in the house and works a treat!

View attachment 32668
Thanks for posting this, I'd be interested in the link for the relay.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so the new 18vac PSU turned up today and i get 20vac across the back of the device and i got a 12vac mechanical door chime from toolstation (item code54078
) at the weekend.

so i have it all hooked up and it works, wired up as the diagram in the above PDF. a wire from the PSU to the hikvision doorbell then the retrun to the door chime and then to the psu.
Hi, Sorry for the old bump.
Did you manage to connect both mechanical chime and the transformer ?
I can't get a hold of more then 12v chimes here in Israel, And I'm not using my Laview for few monthes now.

samro94

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks again! So in theory you could by-pass the chime altogether? My plan is to link this to my raspberry pi. I wonder if I can link this relay straight to a GPIO pin....
I'm not too sure on bypassing the chime completely. For the simplicity of it I chose to make it work with the chime in place.
I attempted wiring the doorbell direct to the relay but had no success at the relay was energised all the time. Trouble is you have to have a constant return supply from the doorbell. I'm guessing the relay acts as a path of least resistance when wired in series to the chime as it is selected.

What are the pins rated to?
I would assume you can use the relay to create the closed look with the pi.
Alternatively if the pins are rated to 18vac then why not wire a link off the return direct? Maybe set a trigger as a rise in voltage?

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Sorry for the old bump.
Did you manage to connect both mechanical chime and the transformer ?
I can't get a hold of more then 12v chimes here in Israel, And I'm not using my Laview for few monthes now.
yes, been using it for some time now, im using the 8-12vdc chime with the power supply that i posted in this thread and it works like a charm :)

Jifop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I'd share my experiences with this camera aswell.

Firstly I am not using the remote functions so cannot compare it to ring etc as I'm basically using it as a doorbell and IP camera attached to my Hikvision NVR

I have wired it up to the Byron 772 doorbell using a plug in 16vac model train transformer, the doorbell functions well although it's not the loudest chime.

The camera quality is great although as others have shown the IR at night is unusable, to solve this I've disconnected the IR Leads and now I have a great picture.

The unit itself was very easy to open, four screws hold the back on, I removed these and disconnected the header cables then removed the 3 silver and 2 black screws, uncliped the PCB and you'll see the IR LED headers on the board below, unplug these and reassemble the unit.

Attachments

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an RCA version of this. Is there a page with the different firmwares to put on this? It seems that the RCA model lacks a lot of the extras in the Hikvision

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im in kneed of a angle bracket if any one has seen one?
Can you elaborate? I might be able to make you an STL file of something. I was going to make something to hold mine.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know the login/password for the camera? I tried getting in with a browser but I can't figure out the login and it says too many logins results in it getting locked.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know the login/password for the camera? I tried getting in with a browser but I can't figure out the login and it says too many logins results in it getting locked.
i used the password i setup with the app, though i had to upgrade the firmware first.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For some reason when it went to the new FW it lost the PW. Hard reset fixed things.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect this to a dahua NVR? I tried RTSP but the URL is too long.

Reaction score
I purchased this doorbell and its seem to be working ok, the hikconnect app isn't that great though. The image is all squashed on my phone and tablet and it doesnt seem to work in landscape mode (I have wall mounted tablets in landscape orientation)

The app also works on multiple devices but I find if the "call" is answered on one device it just keep ringing on the second device.

My home is setup using home assistant software (controlling lights, speakers, etc etc) and I really want to tie this doorbell into it, that way I can trigger my google home minis to chime in each room and bring up the live feed on the wall mounted tablets.

I'm not using a chime but thought I could possibly wire in a Zwave light switch in place of the mechanical chime, when the doorbell is pushed it sends a signal to the zwave switch and triggers it to thinking the "light switch" has been turned on. I can then attach all my automation's to it.

Does anyone know if this will work ? I'm no electrician maybe might need a relay in there somewhere....

Did using this Zwve to HA switch ever work? I would like to connect this to smartthings.

Last edited:

snorkel

n3wb
Reaction score
I know it says it's not compatible with digital chimes, but there must be a way to make it work with one?
Will using a diode work?

jean588

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

The model DS-KB6003-WIP is discontinued and Hikvision stopped to provide retailer, so we can't buy it on aliexpress anymore.
The replacement model is the NA-KB6013-WIP but I can't find it anywhere.

Someone got it ?

ogniwo

n3wb
Reaction score
The app also works on multiple devices but I find if the "call" is answered on one device it just keep ringing on the second device.
Is it possible to make it ring on multiple devices? I could just share everything (live view, recordings etc) except call notifications - the call goes to only one mobile.