Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having some trouble adding a chime to this doorbell.. I have wired it as per the diagram to a Byron 776 but there is no chime when pressing the button

I have one wire going from the transformer going to terminal 0 on the chime and then out of terminal 2 to the doorbell.. Any ideas? Would the resistor make a difference seeing as the chime is 8V?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

20190330_105238.jpg

20190330_105251.jpg

Just thinking about this, do I also need to put mains voltage to the Chime?

Reaction score
Ok, just to update, everything is wired as first mentioned in my previous post but I have now removed the resistor.

When the power is connected I hear the doorbell announce "The Doorbell is Running" then I hear the Chime making a buzzing sound.

When the Doorbell announces the WiFi is connected the Chime "Dings" and the Doorbell reboots!.

I measured the voltage before the ding at 16V as soon as the Chime dings the voltage drops to 11V which is why the Doorbell is rebooting in this neverending cycle.

Hoping someone can "Chime In" (Pun intended) and throw me a bone here?

Many Thanks

Reaction score
Ok, I guess if you leave someone alone with their problems long enough they will sort themselves out :-D

Bought the Chime mentioned previously from Toolstation and all working now.

Reaction score
Ok, I guess if you leave someone alone with their problems long enough they will sort themselves out :-D

Bought the Chime mentioned previously from Toolstation and all working now.
Hello , can you pls reWrite the chime model and link so i can buy it.
And it will work fine with 24vac transformer.
Thanks in advance

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply but what does overdrive mean?
WIth VAC they devices normally have a wide tolerance, with the door bell you could apply 24vac constantly to a 12vac device it would probably burn out the coil quickly and there would be a higher chance of fire, but as the voltage is only applied for a short amount of time, it is unlikely to cause an issue, trying to do the same with DC would be an instant issue.

overdrive just means you are using a higher than required voltage.

sunday

n3wb
Reaction score
WIth VAC they devices normally have a wide tolerance, with the door bell you could apply 24vac constantly to a 12vac device it would probably burn out the coil quickly and there would be a higher chance of fire, but as the voltage is only applied for a short amount of time, it is unlikely to cause an issue, trying to do the same with DC would be an instant issue.

overdrive just means you are using a higher than required voltage.
all true, as long as people press the button for only a short time. I don't know, but my guess would be that the current goes through it as long as the button is pressed. Things might go wrong when people keep the button pressed. I think the bell comes with a resistor, which normally would be placed instead of a chime, if you don't want to connect the chime. It might be worth to put that resistor in series, so the current goes through the resistor and the bell, lowering the voltage for the bell. (if the resistor would be a very good replacement for the chime, the voltage at the bell would half of what it would normally get).
((but i don't have this bell, I've unfortunately bought the 12V lookalike, which doesn't support any chime)

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can only try... the built in transformer may not work down to the way it is wired but as i don't have one i can not be 100% sure :)
i can only say what i purchased works and has done for some time with out issue

@sunday - it dose not work as a switch early versions of firmware you could press and hold the button and the bell would only chime once, after a firmware update holding the button the bell will chime more than once every few seconds,

sunday

n3wb
Reaction score
What are the pro's and cons between the various hik-vision programs. Hik-connect, , ivms-4500, hik central, guarding expert, guarding vision (last two were mention in the bell's manual)

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have buy this doorbel for one customer and working good with chime 12v and 24v transformer.We will see how long will last the bell but i dont think have any problem. The only not good is the ir lights that are not so bright.I want to buy enother one for personal use to test it in compare with a ring pro.the no1 advandance of hikvision is tha you can use it with blueiris(not so easy and with clear icon)but its ok.I hope with next updates to be beter at this section.

Reaction score
I disconnected the IR lights as per the guide in this thread MUCH better without them!

BLev

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to make it ring on multiple devices? I could just share everything (live view, recordings etc) except call notifications - the call goes to only one mobile.

I have exactly the same question.

I just installed my Uniden doorbell and it seems to work fine. I put the Hik-Connect app on my wife’s phone and shared the device from my phone to hers. She can see the video fine when doing a live view, however only my phone beeps when the doorbell button is pressed.

A.PT-hik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Recently purchased a KB6003-WIP doorbell and would like to connect it directly to my indoor monitor ( KH8301-WT model ) rather than using that on phones, so each time someone hits the call button at doorbell, I would be able to watch and speak through my indoor monitor.
Have done some tests, but I can only found way to get live video from monitor, as happens on my cameras, can't figure how to get a push notification when the ring button is pressed on like happens on phones. Apparently would need to connect my indoor monitor by Hik-connect as well, but how to do this ?
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Recently purchased a KB6003-WIP doorbell and would like to connect it directly to my indoor monitor ( KH8301-WT model ) rather than using that on phones, so each time someone hits the call button at doorbell, I would be able to watch and speak through my indoor monitor.
Have done some tests, but I can only found way to get live video from monitor, as happens on my cameras, can't figure how to get a push notification when the ring button is pressed on like happens on phones. Apparently would need to connect my indoor monitor by Hik-connect as well, but how to do this ?
Any help would be much appreciated :)

So I bought the same doorbell, there is a way to get a snapshot and video out. The snapshot is done with a http URI, and video can be done using rstp (works in VLC). I used gstreamer with other cameras, but I don't have a working pipeline yet that works with the doorbell.

As for the event notifications, I wonder if the ftp feature can be used for that. Other then that. The firmware version I have doesn't allow a "custom" notification, BUT.. I saw that there are some tools here to customize firmware. I don't know if those tools would work with the firmware I have, BUT if there's a "better" firmware version I would like to try that.
Also, I have not been able to use ONVIF successfully yet, I can access other cameras using the rest-client plugin. Also, I wrote some C code for those cameras, so I can change some "basics" like NTP servers, time, name, netmask, reboot etc.

I don't know if ONVIF comes with most/all of the firmware versions, what I do read (and hear) is hat ONVIF needs to be turned on (although the web based configuration doesn't show that option in my case.)

It would probably be easier to change things if ONVIF is really working, so if someone knows of a firmware version I'll try that (and build some tools).
If there is a firmware version for this bell that can be unpacked, modified and packed again, ... I'd like to give that a shot too.

any ideas what firmware to use for that?

Ron

Reaction score
I have exactly the same question.

I just installed my Uniden doorbell and it seems to work fine. I put the Hik-Connect app on my wife’s phone and shared the device from my phone to hers. She can see the video fine when doing a live view, however only my phone beeps when the doorbell button is pressed.
You need to use the main account connected to the door bell or else no notification will be received on the shared accounts.

I had the same problem, only the account I originally set the device up would receive the notification, once I logged all my devices with the same account, they now all ring at the same time.

So far I can’t see any drawbacks of this.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for some kind of bracket that will allow few degree of rotation.
My door in red, my doorbell in orange.I want to give it little angle so it will have better view.
Anything like it of the shelf or I will need to make one ?
upload_2019-7-9_12-52-30.png

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can it be flipped, my bell is on the wall not the door frame so i would have to rotate it by 180° ??

Reaction score
I tried moving from firmware 1.4.62 180515 to 1.4.61 170731 because of unstable RTSP and web interface for the kb6403. The process froze and now the device is not booting properly anymore it seems like. When device gets power the main button light is blue. When button is clicket the light goes away. No audio promts during boot, not joing network.

I tried holding reset for 15-20 sec. Also tried placing firmware (.dav) file on Sd card (fat32). I have tried inserting the SD card and then apply power or insert SD card and holding reset for 15-20 sec. Nothing is happening.

Any idea what can be done? Shouldn't the device default back to some safe-mode if firmware update fails?
Firmware I'm trying to flash with:
ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Technical Materials/07 Video Intercom/00 Product Firmware/IP Door Bells/Wi-Fi Door Bell/V1.4.62/Build 180515/

Any idea what I can do to bring it back to life?